Dusan Tadic

pangy

What a signing,not needed anytime to settle in and has been quality in every game,a really intelligent player with a eye for a ball,I know its early days but a possible upgrade on AL ?

Will he be moved into the middle when J-Rod comes back (providing he can get in the team ) or will he be kept out wide ?

I really dont know who is better out of Tadic or Lallana, they both have good a bad parts of the game. Im also not going to pretend Lallana was crap, he wasn't, he was a very good player for us.

What I will say is that we dont miss him, partly due to the set up, partly due to how good tadic is. He is a great signing, and thats what really matters.

I really dont know who is better out of Tadic or Lallana, they both have good a bad parts of the game. Im also not going to pretend Lallana was crap, he wasn't, he was a very good player for us.

What I will say is that we dont miss him, partly due to the set up, partly due to how good tadic is. He is a great signing, and thats what really matters.

This. I think this sums it up perfectly.

All very well making comparisons between the two of them, whilst ignoring the fact that Tadic cost us less than half of what Lallana cost Scousehampton, so we have Tadic and money in the bank to put towards other reinforcements.

If one asked would you rather have Lallana or Tadic, that is one thing. But ask whether you would rather have Lallana or Tadic and Mane for example and that is quite another matter, although that is the reality of what selling him gave us.

For all that Lallana was a very good player, I don't miss him one bit now we have Tadic.

My only worry with Tadic is losing him to one of the usual suspects after one season - so impressive are his skills and touch. Lallana was an outstanding player for us, particularly last season for all but the last 6 - 7 games when he probably knew Poch was off and therefore he too.

Lallana was a pretty unique player for us in our recent history. Anyone trying to rewrite history now he's left is wrong. Last season he was really outstanding for us and the best player we've had in the 12-13 years that I've been watching us.

However, having watched Tadic in all our games now... I'm willing to make the assertion that Tadic brings more to the team than Lallana did. Lallana's main strength was his dribbling, whereas Tadic he is a better crosser, has more of an eye for a pass and crucially his decision making in the final third is better than Lallana's in my opinion.

So overall, both great players for us, but I'm willing to claim that Tadic is an improvement

Looking at last night in particular, from what I recall Tadic was fairly anonymous for the first 20 minutes or so when he was out on the left, but then everything changed when he swapped sides with Mane. Mane straight away got the penalty and Tadic became far more influential.

Tadic's link-up play with Clyne is especially great to see, we saw in Tadic's first game with his superb flick for Clyne's goal at Anfield how they seem to be naturally on the same wavelength. There were at least three instances of them linking up over on the right wing to create good chances last night, including another move similar to the Anfield flick, albeit further out. Tadic's crossing from dead balls was better than Alexis Sanchez last night too, although that isn't saying much.

Tadic moves the ball quickly and plays at a high tempo.

Lallana, for all his undoubted skill, I feel, slowed games down at times.

This, however, may be to do with the way the teams are set up but I will add that I feel Tadic is a better player but Lallana's close control was wonderful to watch.

This.

U

Looking at last night in particular, from what I recall Tadic was fairly anonymous for the first 20 minutes or so when he was out on the left, but then everything changed when he swapped sides with Mane. Mane straight away got the penalty and Tadic became far more influential.

Tadic's link-up play with Clyne is especially great to see, we saw in Tadic's first game with his superb flick for Clyne's goal at Anfield how they seem to be naturally on the same wavelength. There were at least three instances of them linking up over on the right wing to create good chances last night, including another move similar to the Anfield flick, albeit further out. Tadic's crossing from dead balls was better than Alexis Sanchez last night too, although that isn't saying much.

He links up well with Bertrand as well when he is on the left,I know it's a minor thing but my only criticism of Targett last night was that he looked a bit reluctant to overlap and held back a bit from joining the attack,I know he did at the start but seemed stop after 20 odd minutes,but like I say it's minor he may of been asked to hold back due to Sanchez operating in that area

Lallana was awesome for us, sadly that's overlooked by Saints fans now.

Last season you would have been like "tadic who????".

Is this delusion going to happen to every academy product that decides to leave in acrimonious circumstances?

I feel sure that if you were to tweet these posts, lallana would happily fork out a fiver to steve grants curry fund. He's coining it in at Liverpool, and the fans love him.

Tadic looks very good (didn't think the penalty last night was that great though?).

I think Ospina dived way too early and Dusan had the composure to place it down the middle. Doubt if every penalty will look like that.

(He'll still have to go some to be in Rickie/MLT territory though... )

When Lallana had had the ball at his feet with a bit of space and time he was just mesmerising to watch, so many times last season I would see the little touches on the ball and passes while mid dribble he would do and think he was just about unplayable, however at this stage after seeing Tadic, while he is not as technically proficient, he may be the better footballer in regards to creating chances and making things happen for the team. Ultimately as far as team structure is concerned we probably have ended up with the superior player, but I guess only time will tell.

Ever since he was a young boy

He's played the ,........../B]

From Serbia down to Holland

he must have beat them all

But I ain't seen nothing like him

In any ..................

That Dusan Tadic

Sure plays a mean football

> struggling to fill in the bold bits.

It's The Who, by the way.

All very well making comparisons between the two of them, whilst ignoring the fact that Tadic cost us less than half of what Lallana cost Scousehampton, so we have Tadic and money in the bank to put towards other reinforcements.

If one asked would you rather have Lallana or Tadic, that is one thing. But ask whether you would rather have Lallana or Tadic and Mane for example and that is quite another matter, although that is the reality of what selling him gave us.

For all that Lallana was a very good player, I don't miss him one bit now we have Tadic.

That's all very well too but you can only play eleven players at any one time. If lallana had been twice the player (the way suarez is twice the player liverpool can ever hope to replace him with) we could only benefit if his sale enabled us to improve other parts of the first team commensurately or by a greater degree. Otherwise there would have been a trade off of first team quality for squad depth.

If there is a difference in effectiveness between the two, it is not yet obvious, so it looks like money in the bank and more depth for no net reduction of quality on display. We have improved other areas of the squad but we brought in more money than we needed to do that. Hopefully plenty left in the coffers for january to make any tweaks or pounce on good opportunities.

Ever since he was a young boy

From Serbia down to Holland

he must have beat them all

But I ain't seen nothing like him

In any ..................

That Dusan Tadic

Sure plays a mean football

> struggling to fill in the bold bits.

It's The Who, by the way.

He's played ,........../B]

with the soccer ball

?