• Davis, S
    • Schneiderlin
    • Mane
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Long
    • Cork
    • Targett

QPR better than I thought they'd be, but still a well deserved win to keep the momentum going. One Judas ex-manager down, one to go next Sunday. Davis MOM.

Looking at the table I almost want Tottenham to get something at Arsenal tonight so we can maintain our 2 point gap over third.

Edit: thought about it for a millisecond; of course I don't.

Pelle looks like a class act. Good hold up play, excellent in the air, seems to be fine with both feet and normally gets chances on target at least.

And todays goal was sheer class. If that was a Man Utd or Chelsea player the pundits would be cuming over the TV cameras.

I 100% agree with this post.

Pelle looks like a class act. Good hold up play, excellent in the air, seems to be fine with both feet and normally gets chances on target at least.

And todays goal was sheer class. If that was a Man Utd or Chelsea player the pundits would be cuming over the TV cameras.

Yep. Absolutely. Thought Big Vic was immense again though. Nothing gets through him. Nothing. Great performance.

Primarily, that was a banana skin avoided, so that is excellent.

The second half was a lot closer than I had expected, it was a bit scary, but all in all, we held together well and responded when needed..........But why so much attacking play in the final few minutes!? I was praying we would just keep the ball more!

LOVE it!!!

Having also watched it 50times though, I wonder why he didn't pass it to the player running into position though. ;0

EDIT: Now that I see the better quality version, I see that it was Morgan running in, and that Pelle did the right thing after all! :)

Edited by Ohio Saint

Not to be a party pooper, but I think you're kidding yourself a bit here!

I still think that having 30M is better than having Shaw. However, seeing how RK seems to be encouraging all players to have a pop at goal, i do wonder how much he might have improved luke, if we still had him.

Dominant and deserved win, though we did not kill it. Exactly the type of games we used to lose as someone already said.

Pelle MOTM for me, though Bertrand, Wanyama, Tadic and Davis also very good.

Mane, was influential for a player having just arrived and will cause many teams problems, though he will need to learn how to defend properly when we dont have the ball.

Thought Clyne had an off day, but maybe the early booking did not help.

Never really troubled in defence (Austins goal was just great skill) and we do have such strength in depth at CB.

Posting from pub! Great 3 points. 6 wins in a row.

Scrappy win which would have been comfortable had we taken a few of the good chances that we created. Tadic and long both should have scored.

Good performances from bertrand (outscoring shaw already), wanyama and fonte/toby patnership.

Tadic is such a clever player. We have found a real diamond. Once he finds his shooting boots he will be a real handful. Speaking of which, mane was a real threat again today. Once he cuts out the silly offsides he will scare the hell out of a few teams this season.

man of the match for me was pelle. Gave 2 good centre backs a hellish afternoon and scored a belter. Love him!

Apart from the miss i thought long did well when he came on. Quiet game for morgan and clyne by their standards. Davis hit the bar with a good effort and had a steady game. Again. Cork and targett came on to shore things up.

I thought qpr did well in the 2nd half. Kranjkar or however you spell the dirty f**king skate c**ts name, is a quality player and hoilett caused us problems when saggy put him on.

Hope they go down but think they'll be ok if they play like they did in the last half hour.

upwards and onwards.

happy days.

coys!

I still think that having 30M is better than having Shaw. However, seeing how RK seems to be encouraging all players to have a pop at goal, i do wonder how much he might have improved luke, if we still had him.

Shaw is better and younger, but not a LOT better. So to spent maybe 10m on Bertrand and have 20m profit is excellent business. Plus Bertrand is unlikely to be a target for the top clubs. He needs to stick with one club for a few years to come good, and it should be saints.

Bertrand 1 goal 1 assist in 8 games. Shaw 0 goals 0 assists in his saints career. Just sayin like.

I think you could tell which team had just played a midweek game at the EK and who had the night off. They looked fresher second half and caused us a few problems. Having said that, we would have been out of sight if we had taken a couple of the chances we wasted.

Good to grind out a result. Not at our best but we got the job done.

What a goal from Pelle too. Tikkabooson.