International Call Ups

Tom28

The following Saints players will be away on international duty next week. There will be virtually no one left at the training ground. RK's wife will be pleased....

Only Kelvin, Jack Cork, Ryan Bertrand, Jay Rod, JWP (both injured), Gazzaniga, Isgrove, McQueen, Gallagher and Cropper will be about. World Cup doubles anyone?

That's very impressive - must be the most number of international call ups we've ever had for one international break?

1 - Kelvin Davis

2 - Nathaniel Clyne - England

3 - Maya Yoshida - Japan

4 - Morgan Schneiderlin - France

5 - Florin Gardos - Romania (tbc)

6 - Jose Fonte - Portugal (at last!!)

7 - Shane Long - Ireland (tbc)

8 - Steven Davis - N.Ireland

9 - Jay Rodriguez (injured)

10 - Sadio Mane - Senegal

11 - Dusan Tadic - Serbia

12 - Victor Wanyama - Kenya (tbc)

16 - James Ward-Prowse (injured)

17 - Toby Alderweireld - Belgium

18 - Jack Cork

19 - Graziano Pelle - Italy (tbc)

21 - Ryan Bertrand

23 - Fraser Forster - England

24 - Emmanuel Mayuka - Zambia

25 - Paolo Gazzaniga

27 - Lloyd Isgrove

28 - Harrison Reed - England U-20

33 - Matthew Targett - England U-20

38 - Sam McQueen

40 - Sam Gallagher

41 - Cody Cropper

Yeah, I was thinking this last night that now in the Saints squad it's the norm to get called up. Who will be next do you think? Obvs Jay and JWP have been called up before but Cork and Bertrand could be next although England to have a few left backs before Bertrand in the pecking order. He will have to have a great season to push out Baines and Shaw etc. Cropper has been called up by the States before yes. Isgrove has been called up by Wales before. And even Cork play for GB. Hmmm, im blabbing now. Bye.

Yeah, I was thinking this last night that now in the Saints squad it's the norm to get called up. Who will be next do you think? Obvs Jay and JWP have been called up before but Cork and Bertrand could be next although England to have a few left backs before Bertrand in the pecking order. He will have to have a great season to push out Baines and Shaw etc. Cropper has been called up by the States before yes. Isgrove has been called up by Wales before. And even Cork play for GB. Hmmm, im blabbing now. Bye.

Nando Shaw is only an u21 player :-) Think Bertrand could be ahead of Mr Blobby.

The following Saints players will be away on international duty next week. There will be virtually no one left at the training ground. RK's wife will be pleased....

Only Kelvin, Jack Cork, Ryan Bertrand, Jay Rod, JWP (both injured), Gazzaniga, Isgrove, McQueen, Gallagher and Cropper will be about. World Cup doubles anyone?

That's very impressive - must be the most number of international call ups we've ever had for one international break?

1 - Kelvin Davis

2 - Nathaniel Clyne - England

3 - Maya Yoshida - Japan

4 - Morgan Schneiderlin - France

5 - Florin Gardos - Romania (tbc)

6 - Jose Fonte - Portugal (at last!!)

7 - Shane Long - Ireland (tbc)

8 - Steven Davis - N.Ireland

9 - Jay Rodriguez (injured)

10 - Sadio Mane - Senegal

11 - Dusan Tadic - Serbia

12 - Victor Wanyama - Kenya (tbc)

16 - James Ward-Prowse (injured)

17 - Toby Alderweireld - Belgium

18 - Jack Cork

19 - Graziano Pelle - Italy (tbc)

21 - Ryan Bertrand

23 - Fraser Forster - England

24 - Emmanuel Mayuka - Zambia

25 - Paolo Gazzaniga

27 - Lloyd Isgrove

28 - Harrison Reed - England U-20

33 - Matthew Targett - England U-20

38 - Sam McQueen

40 - Sam Gallagher

41 - Cody Cropper

Thats an impressive list. Training during the international breaks must be a miserable affair for those few not called up.

1  Kelvin Davis
2  Nathaniel Clyne 	- England
3  Maya Yoshida 	- Japan
4  Morgan Schneiderlin 	- France
5  Florin Gardos 	- Romania
6  Jose Fonte 		- Portugal
7  Shane Long 		- Ireland
8  Steven Davis 	- N.Ireland
9  Jay Rodriguez 	[i]* (injured)[/i]
10 Sadio Mane 		- Senegal
11 Dusan Tadic 		- Serbia
12 Victor Wanyama 	- Kenya
16 James Ward-Prowse 	[i]* (injured)[/i]
17 Toby Alderweireld 	- Belgium
18 Jack Cork
19 Graziano Pelle 	- Italy
21 Ryan Bertrand 
23 Fraser Forster 	- England
24 Emmanuel Mayuka 	- Zambia
25 Paolo Gazzaniga
27 Lloyd Isgrove
28 Harrison Reed 	- England U-20
33 Matthew Targett 	- England U-20
38 Sam McQueen
40 Sam Gallagher
41 Cody Cropper		- USA-U23
[i]-- Artur Boruc		- Poland[/i]
[i]-- Gaston Ramirez	- Uruguay[/i]
[i]-- Dani Osvaldo		- Italy[/i]

Cropper will get a call up for USA, right? Isgrove should be involved with Wales U21 unless he is injured. Ward-Prowse should certainly expect to be back in England U21 once he recovers from his injury, Gallagher should return to England U20, and Rodriguez can hope to be called back to England. That's 17 call-ups and 4 more from injuries = 21 call ups!

Add to that Cork and Bertrand as possible England candidates in the future and McQueen perhaps in one of the English U-teams? Then you are left with only Gazzaniga and Davis as the only players with no chance of a national team call up :lol:

Edited by Lazlo78

Forster-England

Clyne-England

Fonte-Portugal

Alderwiereld-Belgium

Gardos-Romania

Yoshida-Japan

Wanyama-Kenya

Davis-N.Ireland

Mane-Senegal

Tadic-Serbia

Pelle-Italy

Have i missed any?

Im not including u21's. Hopefully we can add a few more this year

Forster-England

Clyne-England

Fonte-Portugal

Alderwiereld-Belgium

Gardos-Romania

Yoshida-Japan

Wanyama-Kenya

Davis-N.Ireland

Mane-Senegal

Tadic-Serbia

Pelle-Italy

Have i missed any?

Im not including u21's. Hopefully we can add a few more this year

Only Schneiderlin, Long and Bertrand which means that tomorrows team is likely to be entirely current (or, at least pending) internationals

I could play in goal in that game and keep a clean sheet. Nice to get a game but meaningless in terms of assessment. Sure he will get 7/10 from the Mirror.

1  Kelvin Davis
2  Nathaniel Clyne 	- England
3  Maya Yoshida 	- Japan
4  Morgan Schneiderlin 	- France
5  Florin Gardos 	- Romania
6  Jose Fonte 		- Portugal
7  Shane Long 		- Ireland
8  Steven Davis 	- N.Ireland
9  Jay Rodriguez 	[i]* (injured)[/i]
10 Sadio Mane 		- Senegal
11 Dusan Tadic 		- Serbia
12 Victor Wanyama 	- Kenya
16 James Ward-Prowse 	[i]* (injured)[/i]
17 Toby Alderweireld 	- Belgium
18 Jack Cork
19 Graziano Pelle 	- Italy
21 Ryan Bertrand 
23 Fraser Forster 	- England
24 Emmanuel Mayuka 	- Zambia
25 Paolo Gazzaniga
27 Lloyd Isgrove
28 Harrison Reed 	- England U-20
33 Matthew Targett 	- England U-20
38 Sam McQueen
40 Sam Gallagher
41 Cody Cropper		- USA-U23
[i]-- Artur Boruc		- Poland[/i]
[i]-- Gaston Ramirez	- Uruguay[/i]
[i]-- Dani Osvaldo		- Italy[/i]

Cropper will get a call up for USA, right? Isgrove should be involved with Wales U21 unless he is injured. Ward-Prowse should certainly expect to be back in England U21 once he recovers from his injury, Gallagher should return to England U20, and Rodriguez can hope to be called back to England. That's 17 call-ups and 4 more from injuries = 21 call ups!

Add to that Cork and Bertrand as possible England candidates in the future and McQueen perhaps in one of the English U-teams? Then you are left with only Gazzaniga and Davis as the only players with no chance of a national team call up :lol:

Updated from http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20141007-international-saints-fixture-times-2001947.aspx

Seen the gallery of training during international call ups ? More coaches than first team players, should think it would spur the few left behind to try to get an international spot next time round...November isn't it ?.

Jesus, there's another one that soon around the corner? I thought this was it until next year.

Christ sake, Internationals for me are the blot on the calender. They get in the way of what I really care about.

Just another thing that really gets my back up...''Playing for England is the pinnacle of my career, with all these world class players. Learning off them''

What world class players for Christ sake? What is the definition of world class these days? In my definition there are lots of half decent players in the England team, but no one remotely world class - not even close to any degree. That term is flushed around so much it does my frigging head in, and it makes it sound as if they had to leave...to get international football..so they could continue to train with such world class players, when in fact...some of the players we have here are better than what England have to choose from.

Go figure.

Just another thing that really gets my back up...''Playing for England is the pinnacle of my career, with all these world class players. Learning off them''

What world class players for Christ sake? What is the definition of world class these days? In my definition there are lots of half decent players in the England team, but no one remotely world class - not even close to any degree. That term is flushed around so much it does my frigging head in, and it makes it sound as if they had to leave...to get international football..so they could continue to train with such world class players, when in fact...some of the players we have here are better than what England have to choose from.

Go figure.

An interesting question: who would win England right now (no Sturridge) minus Southampton or Southampton?

Jesus, there's another one that soon around the corner? I thought this was it until next year.

Christ sake, Internationals for me are the blot on the calender. They get in the way of what I really care about.

Ah no, there's another round in November, might be just one match this time though, still be a week's break though. After that it's March.

Such a bog standard team. No excitement or enterprise in that side at all, just bog standard, slow paced, predictable huff and puff ****.

Sterling wouldn't be in my team right now, he's been nothing short of **** for Liverpool this year.

Well at least Green is on the ball:

Robert Green

QPR and England goalkeeper at Wembley for 5 live Sport

England v San Marino (19:45 BST)

Posted at

"On an evening like tonight England will have relatively little coming at them, so players can be given license to play more freely. If I was Nathaniel Clyne I'd be a bit annoyed. He played well in his last England game, a cap is a cap, and he'll be wondering when, if he doesn't play tonight, he will play again."

Well at least Green is on the ball:

Robert Green

QPR and England goalkeeper at Wembley for 5 live Sport

England v San Marino (19:45 BST)

Posted at

"On an evening like tonight England will have relatively little coming at them, so players can be given license to play more freely. If I was Nathaniel Clyne I'd be a bit annoyed. He played well in his last England game, a cap is a cap, and he'll be wondering when, if he doesn't play tonight, he will play again."

Which last England game is that?

No one has a clue what's going on..! Pundits my arse!

Such a bog standard team. No excitement or enterprise in that side at all, just bog standard, slow paced, predictable huff and puff ****.

Sterling wouldn't be in my team right now, he's been nothing short of **** for Liverpool this year.

Strange, I'd say he was the only good thing about them so far, hardly his fault teams know they have nothing else going forward at the moment and set up to stop him. And even then he's been decent.

Not been a great round of games for our internationals, with Clyne and Forster not getting a game, Long not getting on for Ireland and Pelle not getting on for Italy. I flicked between the Serbia and Romania games, neither of our players particularly stood out in poor results for their sides.

Not been a great round of games for our internationals, with Clyne and Forster not getting a game, Long not getting on for Ireland and Pelle not getting on for Italy. I flicked between the Serbia and Romania games, neither of our players particularly stood out in poor results for their sides.

Good. Less chance of injuries :)

Schneiderlin and Fonte both benched too- and dont think Jose will play, Carvalho has been subbed on. Unlikely unless Pepe gets an injury.