Lallana - Had To Leave - But Still Loves Us

Gemmel

“It’s credit to how Southampton have nurtured their players and invested in young English players. With good coaching and managing, they’ve improved, shone, and got international recognition. It’s just one of those unfortunate things that with them doing so well there’s interest from top European clubs.” And Clyne? “He just needs to keep playing, keep enjoying it, keep doing well. That will leave him with options.

Meh.

He's not really going to endear himself to Saints fans by suggesting that Clyne will now have "more options" (of moving to a more 'recognisable' club) once he's played for England.

I get the impression Adam isn't the smartest guy you'll ever meet.

Has he really got 9 caps already

Anyone got that quote about him saying he wants to end his career here?

"I'm absolutely delighted," said Lallana. "To commit my future to the Club for the next five years is something I'm really happy about.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the Club is going in.

"I've been at the Club since I was 12 and – being honest – I can only see my future lying with Southampton Football Club.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/national/11519847.Lallana_clarifies_Southampton_exit/

Peach decided to omit this bit “He just needs to keep playing, keep enjoying it, keep doing well. That will leave him with options.”, even went so far as to say "Lallana was one of a host of players to depart St Mary's in the summer, but rejected talk that Nathaniel Clyne's call-up could see him follow suit.".

"I'm absolutely delighted," said Lallana. "To commit my future to the Club for the next five years is something I'm really happy about.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the Club is going in.

"I've been at the Club since I was 12 and – being honest – I can only see my future lying with Southampton Football Club.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it.

Yes that's the one. We can add liar to utter ***** as well then.

Yes that's the one. We can add liar to utter ***** as well then.

I know it's always seems to be the case that players become **** when they've left, etc. etc. (I hate that or one). Ok, he wasn't **** at all, but I believe he is an obnoxious, self-obsessed big headed ******. Believes he's god’s gift to football, and it makes me cringe to see how he's trying to gee up the Liverpool players during games.

He's probably the most pathetic captain we ever had. I know that players even questioned his captaincy at times when Adkins was here.

Adam Lallana never wanted his move to Liverpool to get "messy" and was upset by "completely false" suggestions he refused to play for Southampton in order to force the deal.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/01072014-adam-lallana-joins-liverpool-1708952.aspx

That statement suggests otherwise.

No well wishes, no goal highlights, no mentions of his career here.

Judas ****.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/01072014-adam-lallana-joins-liverpool-1708952.aspx

Judas ****.

Yep, I don't believe what he said there for a moment.

I also find it hard to believe Le Tissier supported him in his decision, considering some of his comments on twitter/SSN shortly after the departures. Comments about trying to work for CL football instead of taking the easy route there, or some such.

Judas ****.

Peach: 'I imagine it is because those in charge would have hurt like any fan would. Lambert perceived as getting fairytale move.'

Hmm......

Strange that there is no mention of the cruel and heartless way his phone calls weren't answered.

Strange that there is no mention of the cruel and heartless way his phone calls weren't answered.

That clearly was a harrowing experience for him, as Crab Lungs told us. I imagine he is still suffering post-traumatic stress and has been advised not to speak of it in public lest the wounds rip open again.

I mean. His phone calls didn't get returned. Oh, the humanity.

Only him and Lovren got statements like that. All the others that left got the clubs best wishes, even Jos got a highlight video.

Jos' highlight video made me think we should have kept him around to teach other players how to do interviews.

Most of his soft headedness has already been covered but he thinks the reason us fans might feel angered by him leaving is because fans don't like it when a good player leaves? Riiiiight, so we always give Theo, Ox and Bale bad receptions when they return to St Mary's? No Adam, it's got nothing to do with what sort of player you are, more to do with what sort of human you are. You egotistical tosspot!

Seems a bit odd how him and poch have had the "we love saints" lines put out in the press...

Someone is making sure this is being heard

Well, no.

What do you think the overriding theme of the press conference questions for Pochettino ahead of a game vs Southampton could possibly have been?

And Lallana clearly taking the opportunity of being off Liverpool duty to ham-fistedly cover himself, especially as he got slaughtered by the same newspaper over the weekend.

Not really a conspiracy, TDD.

Adam's comments on Clyne having 'more options' are no doubt emblematic of the way he perceived England duty. As per Morgan's comments yesterday, it seems as if a group of 6-7 key players were looking for a way out of SMS as far back as February, so all the stuff about his move being contingent on Poch leaving is a little disingenuous.

I made no secret that once I knew Liverpool’s interest, that I asked the club if they could come to an agreement and that it would be my wish to leave and join Liverpool. I’m an ambitious person.

"I'm an ambitious person." I do find it highly amusing that these players trot out the same trite lines about their ambitions only being able to be met by joining another club. What is more ambitious? Joining a club already in CL or a club striving to join CL? One needs a lot more hard work than the other, and one is clearly more ambitious than the other. And the bit about "with MP leaving as well"....WTF does that mean, save for grasping at pathetic excuses to try and justify his move and make him look like a good guy.

And given the comments, as reproduced by S-Clarke, then there seems to be a huge volte-face, or flipping like a burger. He and Poch might well go on about loving the club, but you don't leave your wife and shack up with another bird and still say you love her. While it might make them feel better and an attempt to endear themselves to those that they have jilted, to me the words and hollow and disingenuous. Of course there are two sides to every story but it comes across as him not wanting to be thought of as a ****. I like the way that he uses MLT in the article - bit cynical if you ask me, but then I look at things from a Saints supporter's angle which is likely always to now be somewhat different to Lallana's view on things.