VIDEO: Saints director Les Reed speaks at Global Sporting Innovation Conference 2014

Saint-Armstrong

Les covers the following areas in his presentation:

- Youth Coaching

- The Saints Academy

- Innovation

- Communication

- Scouting

- Categorising

- Databases

- Talent Identification

- Recruitment

- Catchment Areas

- Pathways

- Education

- Learning Methods

- Scholarships

- Staplewood

- Remote control filming of every pitch

- Training Facilities

- Staffing

- Philosophy

- When he joined Saints

- Redeveloping the club

- Markus Liebherr's wishes

- Tactics

- Tactical philosophy

- Managerial succession

- Nigel Adkins

- Mauricio Pochettino

- Ronald Koeman

- Koeman's CV

- Appointing a manager

- How Pochettino was identified

- Dealing with fan reactions

- Why transfers take time

- 'The Black Box'

Any mention of the club rapidly changing strategy because Saint George and a select band of internet heroes decided to have a moan on this forum?

Because that, like, definitely happened so would be unusual for Les Reed not to cover it.

Any mention of the club rapidly changing strategy because Saint George and a select band of internet heroes decided to have a moan on this forum?

Because that, like, definitely happened so would be unusual for Les Reed not to cover it.

Are you saying fans venting their fury over Chambers didn't stop Schneiderlin being sold!?

Les covers the following areas in his presentation:

- Youth Coaching

- The Saints Academy

- Innovation

- Communication

- Scouting

- Categorising

- Databases

- Talent Identification

- Recruitment

- Catchment Areas

- Pathways

- Education

- Learning Methods

- Scholarships

- Staplewood

- Remote control filming of every pitch

- Training Facilities

- Staffing

- Philosophy

- When he joined Saints

- Redeveloping the club

- Markus Liebherr's wishes

- Tactics

- Tactical philosophy

- Managerial succession

- Nigel Adkins

- Mauricio Pochettino

- Ronald Koeman

- Koeman's CV

- Appointing a manager

- How Pochettino was identified

- Dealing with fan reactions

- Why transfers take time

- 'The Black Box'

I really really really want hear what Les has got to say on all of this. But, boy his presentation style is dry........

Anyone want to transcribe?!

I really really really want hear what Les has got to say on all of this. But, boy his presentation style is dry........

Anyone want to transcribe?!

I will do it for 50 dollars an hour. And that is a bargain, I normally bill 100 dollars an hour--not for transcribing of course. I would offer to pay my secretary 25 dollars an hour to do it, but she is refusing to transcribe English or Dutch accents.

Markus bough the Club as he had an affinity with the area based on his business and the work they did on the docks.

Never heard that before and assumed that the work / relationships with the Liebherrs and the docks was based on the crane side of the business, not ML's

:lol: the third post and you're off on the same old record.

serious questions: At what point do you move on regarding this?

Are you actually the same person as Turkish?

Are you this boring in real life?

Cheers for that, I enjoyed watching! Out of interest, who is the other current Saints LB in the u18's that together with Targett, led to Nehemie going to Villa? Will Wood? It's strange that we are so prodigious at producing players in that particular position. Freakish actually.

Also, who is the kid that Reed referred to with the mop-top and currently in the u18's that should be making his senior debut this season? Josh Sims?

Edited by Toon Saint

I liked it when you had your little tantrum after the club had ruined your fun by winning some matches, making you grizzle about us only beating weak teams and it being too early to judge us in September. (Then admitting it wasn't too early for you to judge us when you were judging us six weeks earlier).

Keep it up.

Cheers for that, I enjoyed watching! Out of interest, who is the other current Saints LB in the u18's that together with Targett, led to Nehemie going to Villa? Will Wood? It's strange that we are so prodigious at producing players in that particular position. Freakish actually.

Also, who is the kid that Reed referred to with the mop-top and currently in the u18's that should be making his senior debut this season? Josh Sims?

I think the left back he's referring to is Ben Cull. Not yet a full time scholar but he has played for England U16s.

Very good position for us. The championship player of the month for September: Tyrone Mings (Ipswich), is another left back who was on our books.

This is a MUST SEE and MUST LISTEN!

Are we being too helpful to other clubs? It seems Les has not kept many secrets about our modus operandii so what's to stop them encroaching on our territory for example? Not that that is a criticism - maybe he thinks with 5 or 6 years of a Philosophy behind us the others would have to be pretty determined to catch up anyway. Grabbing our coaches and Les himself is probably how they would try to short circuit the process so we need to hold on to these key people at all costs, our success will be more assured by paying these organisational people what they are worth and worrying less about player comings and goings. I sincerely believe in the methods that Les outlined and if he is only 90% right, what's to stop us just getting better and better?

Just watched it and have to say it's worth watching. Very interesting and gives some insight into how we do things. I don't think we give too much away as there is clearly more to it than what Les tells his audience.

Get past his opening and the coughing and its a good talk!

Early nerves probably producing a dry mouth. But once he gets into his stride, his fluency improves considerably and he puts across the club's philosophy and plans very well. The attention to detail is somewhat reminiscent of that shown by Cortese. I wonder who was the instigator, Reed or Cortese?

Very good position for us. The championship player of the month for September: Tyrone Mings (Ipswich), is another left back who was on our books.

Tyrone is the son of Adie Mings who used to be associated with Saints in a coaching role (non-league player for bath and Gloucester). He was then manager/DOF of Chippenham Town until 2012, now scouting for Chelski. "Tyrone Mings joined Saints in 2001 as an eight-year-old, but was released in 2009 when the youth budget was axed". Another product of the Bath satellite academy. Have seen Adie at St Mary's occassionally (in his role of "supporter").

I found it very interesting, especially the `strategy` which is bottom up rather than the top down approach of some `bigger` clubs. It was good to hear the work and dedication that goes into making the club successful and without in any way being critical of fellow posters, I think there`s much to learn from Les`s speech in the way we conduct ourselves in our support of the club. After all, we are all of us an integral part of SFC and maybe we should all buy in to the club`s `philosophy` perhaps a little more than we do?

Thank you for posting this.

truly superb insight into how the club operates. Not sure there is anything revolutionary in there but the attention to detail and cohesive, co-ordinated plan gives great confidence that we will continue to churn out young stars.

Great to see how committed the club is to developing youth. Although the summer exodus may have left a bad taste, no-one can deny the immense satisfaction of seeing "one of ours" make the grade. The likes of Targett and Reed as good examples.

Markus bough the Club as he had an affinity with the area based on his business and the work they did on the docks.

Never heard that before and assumed that the work / relationships with the Liebherrs and the docks was based on the crane side of the business, not ML's

Its called Bull**** for a targeted audience...Plenty on here will lap that ******** up....

Talking about me again I see and on thread I've not even posted on.

8 out of 12

Obsessed.

Its called Bull**** for a targeted audience...Plenty on here will lap that ******** up....

What a bizarre comment - It wasn't a target audience at all. If it is true they have done a bloody good job of keeping it quiet. If as you say they wanted to address a target audience they could have done that a million times before and with much more gravitas

LOL - Just read some of your pre season posts. You're probably feeling a bit of a plum right now. Pretty much everything you said has come back and smacked you straight in the face and made you look a complete tool. Keep supporting Saints from New Orleans.......no need to get any closer.

I'm afraid that the real bullsh*t was what you posted when you went into an almost hysterical tizz during the summer. Being so drastically wrong in virtually everything you said then has rather devalued your opinions on the board now, so that few will take you seriously when you take cheap pot shots at them now.

People laughed at me in the summer when I said in the future Les Reed will be considered a modern day Ted Bates. They're not laughing now.
I think they are. It s like comparing Ian Dowiewith MLT. When Reed has been at the club and achieved what Tb did then you might be able to compare them. 7 games don't make a summer and I put the success of the team down to Koeman. The Acadamy success can be placed more at Reeds door though.

As for all the minute detail I was under the impression that it was Cortese who that was down to, I recall an article last season about how special mattresses etc were taken to away games etc

I'm afraid that the real bullsh*t was what you posted when you went into an almost hysterical tizz during the summer. Being so drastically wrong in virtually everything you said then has rather devalued your opinions on the board now, so that few will take you seriously when you take cheap pot shots at them now.

If you've read any of George's posts over any sort of time you'd know that any semblance of credibility he may have had was lost years ago. The guy is fundamentally incorrect about almost everything, he makes ART seem sane in comparison.