The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

The director of the videos...

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 36m36 minutes ago

Barry is almost ready... #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 17m17 minutes ago

Barry's been in that changing room with Jose Fonte for a mighty long time. Should we call for help? #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 8m8 minutes ago

It's quarter past four thirty. Barry's still in there. Hope he hasn't lost the kit. #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc

Why place the Adidas logo in the centre? Would look so much better in its usual position.

Because Sunderland's current shirt this season has it, and they couldn't be bothered to do anything new. But hey, I don't really get excited about how wide the stripes are but realise some do. IMO this seasons shirt looks better.

Yes it does. Straight out of the teamwear catalogue, even the colours (possibly a little darker)

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx?listName=mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits&cur=GBP&p=2&pp=24

Very lazy.

The template itself is ok, but for our home im hoping they have added some detail at least. Different collar etc.

Different collar. Plain white (I was sure there was some detailing in the pic) "halo" instead of v-neck. Yeesh.

Not going to lie tbh- slightly underwhelmed.

1) Adidas Logo in the centre- JUST WHY?!?! Looks awful IMO.

2) This is literally a carbon copy bar the badge, logo and collar of Sunderland/Stoke Kit- I was hoping for a more original kit- i.e. Retro Stripes, the way our 76 kit was, or even the 94/95... Just something a bit more original.

Oh well, it is what it is... I always buy one kit each year- let's hope the away kit is good!

I quite like it, especially the home shorts. Hope it's not a round neck though. Tartan is bats though. Is wee Gordy Strachan coming back?

Judging by the "noise" on the home pic that made me think the collar had mesh on it when I doesn't, I'm going to retract that tartan pattern comment, it'll just be more bog standard Adidas without anything interesting.

CFDwy8hWMAAR0AG.jpg:large

That's a very wrong shade of blue, this is more Saints 'traditional' blue

2ql9xtc.jpg

Dark blue shorts would also look good with the 'Rank Xerox' shirt but gets my vote either way.

Stick those shorts and socks with it and we'd have ourselves a nice unfussy kit.

Isn't it basically the same as this, with slightly different collar and cuffs? Or am I missing something?

New-Sunderland-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg

Apart from different collar, different cuffs, different shaped shoulder piece, different shaped sleeve piece, different underarm, different colour Adidas logo, different shaped front piece, different badge, different sponsor, no white tape around the bottom of the shirt and different fit, it's identical.

Several templates will be suggested and changed, possible they're not the finalised ones. But looks like they are this time and we'll get the green away shirt, which personally I like.

Several templates would be suggested, but only one gets drawn up and leaked with the actual kit info next to it...

Prefer this seasons shirt, rarely buy the shirt and won't be buying the home shirt this season, looks just like stokes kit

It looks like a Stoke kit from about 3 years ago, or it would if it didn't come with completely different coloured shorts and socks. Which obviously means it'll look completely different. Stoke's current kit is Warrior and next season it's New Balance so little chance of their designs being like ours.

Apart from different collar, different cuffs, different shaped shoulder piece, different shaped sleeve piece, different underarm, different colour Adidas logo, different shaped front piece, different badge, different sponsor, no white tape around the bottom of the shirt and different fit, it's identical.

So pretty similar then. :)

At least in my eyes they are (and of course the badge and advertiser is different - asinine to even mention it).

Placement of the Adidas logo makes it ****e.

The one main difference between the leak and the actual shirt is the badge being located lower down and on the red stripe not across two stripes.

I suspect that the smaller shirts will have all kinds of weirdness with the outside white lines being cut off by the red side panel due to the shape of the front piece, so they've noticeably gone with a larger shirt to ensure that doesn't happen in the marketing.

I don't mind the shirt, it's just a shame that year after year the mock ups on here look so good that I'm always underwhelmed when the real shirt is unveiled!

This is the point that grates with me. How can a bunch of arseholes skiving off doing some work come up with better designs than people paid to do nothing BUT design the shirt?

Why place the Adidas logo in the centre? Would look so much better in its usual position.

could not agree more. Looks ****e in the middle. Stick it on the left and it would balance the club badge nicely. The colour looks darker (richer) in the video than the promotional image above.

Hope the shorts are a dark navy colour...

Edited by Chez

So pretty similar then. :)

At least in my eyes they are (and of course the badge and advertiser is different - asinine to even mention it).

It's red and white stripes with Adidas on it, what are you expecting?

This is the point that grates with me. How can a bunch of arseholes skiving off doing some work come up with better designs than people paid to do nothing BUT design the shirt?

Because they don't have to make that design work for 100 other clubs as well?

could not agree more. Looks ****e in the middle. Stick it on the left and it would balance the club badge nicely. Hope the shorts are a dark navy colour...

Shorts are black, though the away shorts are navy with green trim if you want to mix and match...

Because they don't have to make that design work for 100 other clubs as well?

Why does it need to though? If you're going to have template designs with subtle differences that mean they have to be manufactured separately, why not just have totally different designs?

The leaked templates as expected.

What we have chosen is the Striped 15 template, but with the red/white colour's reversed and a brighter red.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Mens-Football-Teamwear-adidas-Striped-15-Short-Sleeve-Jersey-Power-Red-White-97251.aspx?

They have also changed the collar to a white ribbed crew neck which I prefer. No sign of the perforated collar the 9 speculated.

It is a standard fit rather than formotion. A few changes from the bog standard template, but nothing imaginative.

I was going through the adidas stoke kits as my 1st thought was it is a bit stoke like, the thing that stood out is the adidas logo in the centre. I would have prefered on the side tbh.

Other than that the kits are not identical if you are pedantic like me. The red sleeves make it more Saints like imo.

It's nice & I will buy it 7/10.

Another shambolic shirt from adidas, i think we will have to look elsewhere going forward maybe umbro or warrior etc

putting a logo in the middle of the shirt is so schit.

the sponsor decal stills looks poor and the shirt should have had cut away stripes in the middle for it to go.