• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Wanyama
    • Mayuka

Interesting to see only 14 pages on the thread following the biggest win in living memory compared to 19 so far on the Newcastle one!!

Thats the difference between a game of pure perfection and one peppered with WTF moments.

This being bumped has probably highlighted where Tadic has acquired his current self importance and greatness from, 71% of the motm vote.

Still pis sed off with the "Dubious Goals Panel". Harry Kane got several that were really OG's.

I personally would give Pelle the hat trick on this one. I know it was Bridcutt's touch who technically knocked it back into the goal but only because it bounced back off his own leg to start with. For me the question should; would it have been a goal if the defender hadn't touched it at all? In that case it was a definite yes, so not an o.g. IMO.

No disputing Virgini's goal though, quite tragic that Long, Tadic, Redmond and Davis couldn't do that if they tried these days.

Forgot how much I hated Gus Poyet.

The only manager I'd have preferred beating like that is Saggy.

Having said that, us repeating the feat against Koeman next month would be very amusing, if he's still in charge.

Our goalscoring problems have ended it would appear, but now we can't defend...

Forgot how much I hated Gus Poyet.

The only manager I'd have preferred beating like that is Saggy.

Having said that, us repeating the feat against Koeman next month would be very amusing, if he's still in charge.

Our goalscoring problems have ended it would appear, but now we can't defend...

Not true. A penalty (and it's not like we were about to score anyway) and a goal I'd put down more to individual persistence/skill than a sign of things clicking up front. The two goals we conceded could have been easily avoided if our goalkeeper had done better. The first one was a little unlucky due to the rebounds, and the shot placement, but the second one was appalling. Defensively we were by no means perfect but also wouldn't say we were that shaky. Going forwards we had one or two decent moments but in general looked static and unthreatening.

Trouble is that was when Tadic was good. He continues to live on that performance E and a few others that season. He has seldom delivered since and together with Redmond (and Forster) is the main cause of our current problems. We were also complete site in the first half of that game, completely outplayed by Sunderland. Second half of course we destroyed them.

Not true. A penalty (and it's not like we were about to score anyway) and a goal I'd put down more to individual persistence/skill than a sign of things clicking up front. The two goals we conceded could have been easily avoided if our goalkeeper had done better. The first one was a little unlucky due to the rebounds, and the shot placement, but the second one was appalling. Defensively we were by no means perfect but also wouldn't say we were that shaky. Going forwards we had one or two decent moments but in general looked static and unthreatening.

Right, but we started the season scoring in one match out of five. Now we've scored in three games out of our last four. So, I would say our goalscoring problems have ended...

Right, but we started the season scoring in one match out of five. Now we've scored in three games out of our last four. So, I would say our goalscoring problems have ended...

Yes, in the sense that we are no longer statistically in a drought. But the way we play we could be returning to "Southampton Nil" at any time, nothing has actually been solved.