Stoke Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Wanyama for who? If you had to choose one of the three CMs who performed the least you'd have to say it was Schneiderlin. Unless you bring him in for Long and put Davis back out wide, but I think that upsets the balance sometimes.

Really? Thought he was fantastic.

You'd have to be mental to make changes to a Starting XI after an 8-0 win!

Indeed. Moreover, Wanyama and Mané are tremendous players to have "up our sleeve", whether we're looking to solidify a midfield in which everyone runs their nuts off, or to throw electric pace at a tiring defence. And even Mayuka didn't look out of place during his brief appearance.

There were many exciting dimensions to yesterday's game, but one was certainly the quality we now have on the bench.

there could well be a change in wanyama coming in

I doubt stoke will press the self destruct button like sunderland, who had the better of the play for the first 20. Even RK made the point in public he was not happy about it

Probably agree but worth remembering that Sunderland beat Stoke recently.

Hypothetical Question-

Would you rather win the league game or the cup game?

I genuinely am not sure lol- I'd love a cup run but am loving being around the top :)

We can't go worse than 4th if we do lose :/

The league every time. In fact I would rest some of our best players for the Cup game.

Hypothetical Question-

I genuinely am not sure lol- I'd love a cup run but am loving being around the top :)

tbh answering my own question- i'd go for the cup- we're likely for top half and a day out at wembley would just be too much for me- mean the world.

Hypothetical Question-

No reason at all we cant go out and win both. I am sure that this is the mindset RK has set in the team already - win every game and dont settle for anything less

Wanyama in for Cork.

Why? Cork was immense yesterday again. The paper this morning gave Cork a better mark out of ten than both Morgan and Davis yet people want to drop Cork again. Cork moves the ball so much better and quicker than Victor IMO. I mean this is stoke at home we're playing not Chelsea away I'd rather we put them under the cosh with quick flowing football rather than go defensive so Cork on the pitch and Victor on the bench for me.

Why? Cork was immense yesterday again. The paper this morning gave Cork a better mark out of ten than both Morgan and Davis yet people want to drop Cork again. Cork moves the ball so much better and quicker than Victor IMO. I mean this is stoke at home we're playing not Chelsea away I'd rather we put them under the cosh with quick flowing football rather than go defensive so Cork on the pitch and Victor on the bench for me.

Why? Wanyama is better :lol: Stoke are a very physical side so Wanyama has to play imo.

Hypothetical Question-

At the moment the league game, genuinely think anything possible league wise this early in the season. However come early next year might be different. I would however always take the FA Cup over the League Cup anytime.

Why? Wanyama is better :lol: Stoke are a very physical side so Wanyama has to play imo.

He really is not. Better tackler for sure but Vic's passing is ponderous at best he so often slows counter attacks down with pointless passes or slow thought. What Cork lacks in physicality he makes up for in moving the ball better.

Will be tougher to break down than Sunderland, that's for sure. Another win would really show we mean business. Think we'll see a 1-1 draw in this one though

Sunderland beat them 3-1, they drew 2-2 with QPR and only managed 1-0 against Newcastle they're OK but if we play our football the way we can we should beat them IMO

Cork has started playing more up front, so for Stoke get Big Vic back in and Mane for Long, only tweaks for me; but credit to Shane he won loads of headers yesterday, great well timed leaps. Stoke will not start as open as Sunderland did for sure.

He really is not. Better tackler for sure but Vic's passing is ponderous at best he so often slows counter attacks down with pointless passes or slow thought. What Cork lacks in physicality he makes up for in moving the ball better.

Don't agree. Vic improved loads at that and still offers more on defence and he also is adding goals too.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is for this game, Ssints being 3rd in the league having just won 8-0 and ticket prices being Category C - cheapest available PLUS the ticket offer of £25 in the chapel stand for season ticket holders to buy extra for mates. Stoke won't bring many down so block 43 will once again remain empty behind the goal unless the rest of the ground sells out and they open it up for home fans.

I would play the same side for this, like the option of Mane coming off the bench and we can bring Wanyama on 2nd half. Will be a tough game - another team we have failed to beat since getting back up to prem, we always draw with them so about time we put that right. Strange having them in the cup a few days later as well

Same starting 11 please. Tough game with a lot of antics to watch out for (Shawcross and Moses will have alerted referees to their behaviour already). Crouch will want to have a good game too. I'd be happy with a scrappy win to be honest. With Man Utd and Chelsea facing one another on sunday there is a real opportunity to close in on the leaders.

Won't be long before teams start man marking/doubling up on Tadic.

When J-rod is back will Tadic go into the middle with Mane/long/Davis out wide ???

It's extremely difficult to man mark a player like Tadic out of the game. He's just too mobile. Always looking for space, switching flanks and thriving on one touches you can easily find players chasing shadows and being pulled out of position which will only work in our favour creating space eleswhere on the pitch. You would lose a lot of that if he moved into the middle. I think J Rod will challenge Pelle and Long for position on the pitch. It's a squad game now though so potentially room for all three on the pitch over 90 minutes IMO