Who the f**k is running the ticket office?

Kaiser Soze

Excuse my French but I feel a rant coming on.

What f**king idiot is in charge of the ticket office these days? Reduced allocations at Liverpool, Tottenham, Swansea etc, now just 2,000 tickets to Arsenal away...when they're charging only £26 to a place we took nearly 6,000 only a few weeks ago.

Same old story, not enough people with tickets and the club looking like a total ***t again.

I may have missed the point of your post...but isn't this the call of the 'home' club? so nothing to do with saints what so ever?

and you also get higher allocations in the cup games.

Nope. Saints are entitled to 3,000 tickets at Arsenal which is what we have easily sold on our last two League visits. Didn't even make general sale on those two visits.

Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, and subject to Rule R.9, each

Home Club shall make available to its Visiting Club:

R.8.1. 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s Stadium is less than 30,000,

such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its Stadium capacity; and,

whether or not that allocation is taken up;

R.8.2. tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator

accommodation.

R.9. The tickets referred to in Rule R.8 shall be made available to the Visiting Club in blocks

corresponding to the blocks of seating (“Seating Block”) in the area of the Home Club’s

Stadium for visiting supporters, such blocks to be designated by reference to the points at

which segregation of home and away supporters can occur. There shall be no maximum or

minimum number of seats in a Seating Block and any question as to the size of a Seating

Block or the location of a segregation point shall be determined by the Board.

R.10. The Visiting Club:

R.10.1. may order and sell tickets on a sequential Seating Block by Seating Block basis (the

sequence of release of Seating Blocks to the Visiting Club to be determined by the

Home Club);

R.10.2. must confirm its final order of tickets (subject to the conditions set out in Rule R.11)

at least 4 weeks before the League Match to which they relate; and

R.10.3. shall pay for the entirety of the tickets so ordered save that it may return (and not

pay for) any unsold tickets in the final Seating Block for which it ordered tickets if it

has sold 50% of the tickets in that Seating Block.

What f**king idiot is in charge of the ticket office these days? Reduced allocations at Liverpool, Tottenham, Swansea etc, now just 2,000 tickets to Arsenal away...when they're charging only £26 to a place we took nearly 6,000 only a few weeks ago.

Same old story, not enough people with tickets and the club looking like a total ***t again.

Judging by your post it is the same person it's been for years. There are simple system's that works, there are people trained, capable and experienced in ticket sales. Get it altogether at SMS at the same time would be a benefit.

Key word in this article... "initial allocation of 2,000"

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-arsenal-vs-southampton-03122014-2028498.aspx

Edited by Matthew Le God

Neither of our previous league trips to Arsenal have seen us take an "initial" allocation, it's just been "right, we've got 3,000, here's how we're selling them". A very strange decision to go with an initial allocation first considering the price.

That is exactly what i thought. For previous league visits we have had just under 3000 (about 2900 from memory as Arsenal take out segregation from the away section), on the basis that;

1 - the last two seasons this has sold out as soon as going on sale.

2 - Arsenal have generously continued to categorise us as unglamorous Cat C team with cheap tickets at £26 adults £10 for kids.

3 - we recently sold out 5188 tickets for the cup game as soon as they went on general sale with plenty of people looking for tickets / buying in the home end.

so the decision to just take the full allocation should have been the easiest one the ticket office will get to make all season.

if after the "initial" allocation is sold out we don't get a further allocation i'd expect the ticket office to explain that one.

At least they are publicising the number of tickets we have now unlike last season when they refused to let us know what allocation we'd taken at various grounds.

Just to clarify as i think there is some confusion.

The clubs must offer a minimum of 10% or 3k. However, they can demand that the visiting club pre-pays for the amount of tickets that they want above the smallest allocation.

This means that the risk of not selling all the tickets falls on saints if they take the extra allocation. The club lost money in the past (last time we were in the prem) so stopped automatically taking the full allocation.

If we had requested 3k, only sold 2k, then we would have lost around 30 grand.

Considering the game is mid week, and we have played there already this season (meaning a lot of people might not bother to go again for triple the price) it was probably not worth the risk.

• 2 weeks later...
It is 3,000 'seats' but they usually take the segregation out of that.

There's no segregation as such at Arsenal. They have a fence on either side which stewards stand the other side of, so no seats are actually taken up by segregation at all.

There's no segregation as such at Arsenal. They have a fence on either side which stewards stand the other side of, so no seats are actually taken up by segregation at all.

Yeah, I think you're right with the Emirates - but it is standard practice to take segregation out of visiting fans allocation at most stadiums.

The allocation is 2,912...

Saints were initially allocated 2,000 tickets for the Barclays Premier League fixture, which takes place on Wednesday 3rd December (7.45pm) at the Emirates Stadium.

Season Ticket holders who have been to away games this season have been able to purchase tickets throughout the week and have snapped up almost 1,700 tickets. The quick sales have allowed Saints to take up an additional 912 tickets in the away end.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20141031-arsenal-away-on-sale-to-season-ticket-holders-2051930.aspx#ZVbGxLuphTxv2D54.99