• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Tadic
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Wanyama
    • Gardos

looked tired towards the end at times with sloppy errors

stoke are a hard team and showed it in the 2nd half. but they never really tested FF

Pelle was a brilliant front man but fluffed many shots as well as hitting the frame twice

Good passes, deserved another goal but he takes shots too quickly sometimes. On the balance I'd probably rather have a striker that shoots first off than something like Balotelli who slows down play soooo much when he is played on.

Agreed VFTT....very, very comfortable win despite being the sloppiest I have seen us all season. Never felt we would concede and Toby was outstanding despite Jose, Bertrand and Clyne not having their best games.

Stoke offered nothing except kicking our players.

It really does feel as though we could make a challenge for top 6 and, injuries permitting, top 4 challenge as there are only Man City and Chelsea that appear a cut above the rest of the division. Big games coming up against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Man Ure.......if we do well against these teams anything is possible!

Important win. When you look at the stats, there's no question which was the better side. But so much luck in football. We hit the woodwork four times, I think. On another day at least half of those would go in. But we could also easily have seen an equalizer in that second half. And on a couple of occasions lucky not to have conceded a penalty.

So impressed with Pelle. With that hold-up ability, it creates an aerial option forward at every moment. He was really unlucky not to add a goal. Wanyama made a big difference coming on. Against physical teams like Stoke, I'd love to see him start. I also found myself missing Shane Long. Even though he got a rough reception here, he's winning the hearts of a lot of fans because of his incredible pace and tenacity. So many great choices in our team. Will be interesting to see who Koeman picks for the cup game.

Feel v lucky to get to watch Saints from the other side of the Atlantic on NBC Hi-Def TV. They show every premier league game.

And this could yet be the best Saints year in history.

Agreed VFTT....very, very comfortable win despite being the sloppiest I have seen us all season. Never felt we would concede and Toby was outstanding despite Jose, Bertrand and Clyne not having their best games.

Stoke offered nothing except kicking our players.

It really does feel as though we could make a challenge for top 6 and, injuries permitting, top 4 challenge as there are only Man City and Chelsea that appear a cut above the rest of the division. Big games coming up against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Man Ure.......if we do well against these teams anything is possible!

Seriously you think that was a very very comfortable win? stoke could have easily nicked a point of us! not saying they deserved it

Good summary from NewYorkSaint! Glad you can see the games!

We had a bright start for the first ten minutes. A complete contrast from last week. RK's rollocking seems to have worked. The right result. Could have scored a couple if relatively easy chances were converted but I'm happy with 1-0. Hey, we're second! Can't quite believe it but on the field we are playing we are playing well enought to deserve it. RK should make some changes for the cup game to give some key players a rest.

COYS

Big win, good first half but a bit off the pace second and a better side would probably have created more openings, for all their pressure Forster has had little to do and we only really looked like conceding through a miatake rather than a good piece of play from them.

Mane looks excellent and rightly ahead of Long. Looks like a goalscorer too so a great addition.

I thought Tadic was brilliant til 60mins and then faded badly, looked very tired and I am suprised Long didnt replace him with 10mins to go.

Stoke were basic. Anyone who says they have hugely evolved their football is wrong. They mostly defend well and do put your defence under pressure but very little guile apart from some of Crouch's excellent play.

Adam. LOL.

For Wednesday I think we will have to rest a few, so would like to see Targett, Gardos, Wanyama and Long all start, but should still have a decent lineup.

Will be a tough game though and until you see the teamsheets, it is hard to predict. Clyne also is playing every minute of every game but hard to see how we could give him a break without lessening the quality of the team.

Edited by Saint Charlie