Stoke 2 Saints 3 - Match & Reactions

Wiggles31

MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Alderweireld

Back years go we sang Glory Glory before breaking into "When the Saints:

How about the following?

Glory Glory Ronald Koeman!

And The Saints go marching on.

Oh When the Saints go marchin'in

Oh when the Saints go marchin'in etc etc.

The links will be up 30 minutes before the game on Wiziwig.

Had a root about and think it's on Bein. Going to watch on sportsnationhd, quality streams and well worth paying £33 for 6 months.

Edited by cellone

Stoke have said they will be going with a very strong team in line with the last round.

This was their side in the last round:

22 Butland

04 Huth Booked

05 Muniesa

17 Shawcross

02 Bardsley

15 N'Zonzi Booked

16 Adam

24 Assaidi (Crouch - 87' )

07 Ireland

18 Diouf

10 Arnautovic Booked (Moses - 85' )

Were they as poorly placed in the league then? May be an influence

They're not really poorly placed to be honest. They're a win from 4th.

Hard to read much into the standings right now if we're absolutely honest, all very tight from 4th to 18th.

I expect them to be strong, probably better that they are. If they put out a youth team, you watch us struggle...

Will be there tomorrow night to hopefully see Saints win and go through as I think

we'l go through with either a 2-1 or a 3-1 win and I'll be prepared for extra time/

penalties if it comes down to it which fingers crossed it won't and what will be will

be....!!!

Am also staying up in Stoke after the game as well as I've booked a few days off

work too as well and am looking forward to getting the Train up to Stoke via London

as well!

COYR! :D

Will be there tomorrow night to hopefully see Saints win and go through as I think

we'l go through with either a 2-1 or a 3-1 win and I'll be prepared for extra time/

penalties if it comes down to it which fingers crossed it won't and what will be will

be....!!!

Am also staying up in Stoke after the game as well as I've booked a few days off

work too as well and am looking forward to getting the Train up to Stoke via London

as well!

COYR! :D

Staying up as well, mainly because its hard to get a train back after ET. Beers after when we win!

Edited by Bucks Saint

This was their side in the last round:

22 Butland

04 Huth Booked

05 Muniesa

17 Shawcross

02 Bardsley

15 N'Zonzi Booked

16 Adam

24 Assaidi (Crouch - 87' )

07 Ireland

18 Diouf

10 Arnautovic Booked (Moses - 85' )

Butland is out on loan and Huth is out through injury. A suggestion on the Stoke 'Oatcake' forum is:

Sorensen

Bardsley

Shawcross

Muniesa

Pieters

Cameron

N'Zonzi

Aranautovic

Bojan

Moses

Diouf

Staying up as well, mainly because its hard to get a train back after ET. Beers after when we win!

Same here, and I'm only coming from Liverpool.

I could drive, but fancy a beer and also don't fancy trying the M6 at around 18:00.

Public transport looks dodgy enough if the match is only 90 minutes, but a bloody nightmare if it goes to extra time, etc.

My team for tonight would be:

.................Forster

Clyne, Gardos, Alderweireld, Targett

..............Wanyama,

..........Reed, Schneiderlin.....

Tadic............Pelle..........Long

A decent team but I'm not sure Reed will be involved tonight as he played the U21 game on Monday. He wasn't in any of the first-team training photo's yesterday either.

Seems a waste of everyone's time actually bothering to play this game, it would be easier all round if Greg Dyke just put us straight through to the next round. I spose it's nice for the yokels to see what proper football looks like but it seems harsh that our players should have to risk injuries etc just because of quaint old-world formalities. Maybe they should look at some sort of pre-qualification process for teams like stoke in future, like bros are saying bout San Marino?

Doesn't leave a lot for us to talk about, really :( Who do we want in the next round? I would quite like Liverpool at home pls.

Seems a waste of everyone's time actually bothering to play this game, it would be easier all round if Greg Dyke just put us straight through to the next round. I spose it's nice for the yokels to see what proper football looks like but it seems harsh that our players should have to risk injuries etc just because of quaint old-world formalities. Maybe they should look at some sort of pre-qualification process for teams like stoke in future, like bros are saying bout San Marino?

Doesn't leave a lot for us to talk about, really :( Who do we want in the next round? I would quite like Liverpool at home pls.

Or bompey and play an old fashioned game of "First to 8 goals wins"

It is being shown on BE In Sports Channel HD12 in the Mid East. Not sure if there will be English Commentary though.

Watched the Liverpool game on BE IN Sports last night, had to turn the volume off because the American commentator was so annoying. During an advert break they were peddling a programme on Friday with Richard Keys and Andy Gray, who know "More than most about soccer", although sadly not more than most about how to be respectable, decent human beings!

How about the following?

Who the f**k is Déjàn Lovren? Who the f**k is Adam Lallana? Who the f**k is Pochettino?

When the Saints go marching on, on, ON!

It is being shown on BE In Sports Channel HD12 in the Mid East. Not sure if there will be English Commentary though.

Tonights game will be live on SportsnationHD. The guy who runs it is an absolute legend :)

So anyone looking for a stream- you know where to go :)

Can't see us beating them twice in a few days. With Man City and Chelsea still in it'd be very hard to win too. Think we'll go out, then hopefully regroup and do better against Hull.

Far prefer an FA Cup run. The league cup hasn't been kind with 3 tough away draws.

Yet we could be in the Semi's if we win tonight and draw AFCB, Sheffield Utd or Derby.

Nuts. Try watching the RK video interview

If we pick up a few knocks and injuries you will not be saying that. We need to concentrate on the league, get as many points on the board as possible and see if our league position is comfortable enough to have a go at the FA Cup.

Watched the Liverpool game on BE IN Sports last night, had to turn the volume off because the American commentator was so annoying. During an advert break they were peddling a programme on Friday with Richard Keys and Andy Gray, who know "More than most about soccer", although sadly not more than most about how to be respectable, decent human beings!

I miss his hairy hands.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Keys-Hairy-Hands/179765908708694

If we pick up a few knocks and injuries you will not be saying that. We need to concentrate on the league, get as many points on the board as possible and see if our league position is comfortable enough to have a go at the FA Cup.

Men can multi-task too! Trying to win every game is far more fun. Late decision, on my way in an a couple of hours

I am sure RK will be troubled by you disagreeing with his approach.

How about the following?

I always liked the "Knock, Knock!" start....

Knock, Knock!!

Who's there?

Owen!!

Owen who?

O When the Saints...........

I always liked the "Knock, Knock!" start....

Knock, Knock!!

Who's there?

Owen!!

Owen who?

O When the Saints...........

whatever happened to the old:

GIVE ME A SSS

SSSSSSSSSSS

OOO

OOOOOOOOOO

UUU

UUUUUUUUUU

TTT

TTTTTTTTTTTT

HHH

HHHHHHHHHH

AAA

AAAAAAAAAAA

MMM

MMMMMMMMM

PTON

SOUTHAMPTON

SOUTHAMPTON

SOUTHAMPTON

I would not risk Forster tonight. Rest our main players and give the fringe players a chance to show what they can do.

The main thing is to avoid injuries.

What the hell? Forster better be playing tonight.

I can see resting a few players, but "resting" our GK or not playing him to avoid the .00001% chance of injury is pretty shortsided.

Stoke fans are predicting Sparky to rest a few players, and seem to think that Thomas Sorenson (remember him!?) will be in goal, which none of them seem to be too pleased about...

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/236119/stoke-city-southampton-capitol-cup?page=1

Also, looks like a few of them don't like us at the moment after losing on saturday...

I'd love us to beat these clowns. Hearing their fans mouthing off on the way out about "keeping on beating these lower league teams and they can hang on to top 4" really struck a raw nerve with me >:D

I walked back to the station with a load of these scummers. Ive never disliked them before but they really are up their own arses at the moment. C'mon Sparky, lets beat them and knock the deluded ****s down a peg or two.

Unfortunately, I've just put a couple of quid on us winning 2-0 tonight with Pelle getting one of the goals, so I think we might lose now. Apologies in advance :D