ESPN Interview with Super Kelv

Beckenham Saint

Was just about to post this myself :x

Really insightful article, a good read all in all and tells you all about the summer and Koeman from the personal opinion of someone we cam trust.

Makes me quite excited to read about the new bond between the players.

Not seen this posted, but has some interesting insight from our club captain:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/southampton/376/blog/post/2109918/southamptons-summer-of-upheaval-only-made-them-stronger

Interesting ..but I ask myself...what is the difference now?.... when we were all so pleased with last season's finish and all the players seemed content ...UNTIL Pochettino jumped ship.

Looking at the squad at the end of MP's first season, we still had about half of the successful L1 side at the club. All pals together, had all come a long way and must have thought they'd never see the Prem.

KD (though no longer first choice ), Fonte, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lambert and even Puncheon. In addition; Clyne, Steve Davis, Rodriguez, Hooiveld and Yoshida had been there a year also.

Very cosy. Survival was assured. Everyone (well almost) seemed to like everyone else, they'd all got bigger contracts ... but was there just a taste of self-satisfaction and perhaps even, apathy coming in?.

Was everything.... a little too cosy, but shock, horror :scared:...suddenly many were off to pastures new :uhoh:

....but wait...we had the stability of the senior players; KD, Fonte and Steve Davis to steady the ship when the new arrivals came, and the new captain (read manager) wasn't a Captain Bligh either.

So what is different?...well obviously Ronald Koeman has found a way to balance the side with a proven strategy and he has a Plan B....and (unlike the others deserters) the new recruits all seem to have something to prove and talk only about " the team "... and not the next club they want to move to.

We can only hope the new regime continues to build on the lessons learned from the old, and although we do owe much to Nicola Cortese, Alan Pardew, Nigel Adkins ,(yes)... and Mauricio Pochettino... it does seem that the new ship has been well-and-truly launched and really... is a happy ship.

"Speaking with the people making the decisions at the club, it was clear to me that they had big ambition, and they were determined to bring players in, but that's easier said than done."

We were told that the club weren't talking to the players, and that no-one knew what was going on? Or was this only when Lallana et al were trying to push their moves through and blame the board?

"Speaking with the people making the decisions at the club, it was clear to me that they had big ambition, and they were determined to bring players in, but that's easier said than done."

We were told that the club weren't talking to the players, and that no-one knew what was going on? Or was this only when Lallana et al were trying to push their moves through and blame the board?

THey never returned Lallanas phone calls FFS! How many times did crab lungs have to tell you.

"The role of Davis as a leader in the dressing room was never more important than it was ahead of this season. He may not be the first-choice goalkeeper in the Saints team -- that honour goes to newboy Fraser Forster -- but he has long been a hugely influential figure behind the scenes for many years, acting as a buffer between the manager and the players and holding great influence with those around him".

This cannot be overstated. I personally think the club, and fans, have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to KD. I think his role at saints is massive despite not being on the team sheet, that he has been a key part of the success we have seen, and I hope he remains at the club for a very long time.