Saints vs Sheffield Utd (A) Capital One Quarter Final

Bearsy

Yep, nuts, although i booked it straight away and then found that East Coast trains offer a Web discount if you buy from them online.
You should book all of your train tickets through East Coast, no booking fee and collect points to convert into free tickets (great for games in the North East).

You should book all of your train tickets through East Coast, no booking fee and collect points to convert into free tickets (great for games in the North East).

Not sure how long the East Coast rewards scheme will continue for, apparently Virgin have won the franchise for the ECML :spaz:

Not sure how long the East Coast rewards scheme will continue for, apparently Virgin have won the franchise for the ECML :spaz:
Ah balls, just seen that, reckon they'll continue to honour it for a while anyway. Virgin West Coast Mainline are dirt cheap and Stagecoach do Megatrain, so might not be the end of good deals one way or another.

Got my ticket. Anyone got any idea where the best place to park is?

Suggested by the Away Ground Guide (though unsure of trams running later on):

Alternatively, if you want to avoid Sheffield City Centre, then you may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the well known Shopping Centre (unless of course it is in the run up to Christmas or the January sales, when the shopping centre is very busy), just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free. You can then take a yellow tram to the City Centre and then walk to the ground. The tram journey time is around 20 minutes and costs £4 return. Mark Needham adds; 'it's worth noting that if you are coming up from the South, that you can leave the M1 at Junction 29 (Chesterfield) and follow signs for Sheffield A61. This is particularly useful if the M1 is slow around J30, as it often is!'

Suggested by the Away Ground Guide (though unsure of trams running later on):

Alternatively, if you want to avoid Sheffield City Centre, then you may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the well known Shopping Centre (unless of course it is in the run up to Christmas or the January sales, when the shopping centre is very busy), just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free. You can then take a yellow tram to the City Centre and then walk to the ground. The tram journey time is around 20 minutes and costs £4 return. Mark Needham adds; 'it's worth noting that if you are coming up from the South, that you can leave the M1 at Junction 29 (Chesterfield) and follow signs for Sheffield A61. This is particularly useful if the M1 is slow around J30, as it often is!'

Having lived in Sheffield for the last 4 years coming off at Chesterfield is a good idea, unless you’re travelling through rush hour.

As for parking ignore that Meadowhall idea, the nearest tram stop is about a 20 minute walk away. Then by the time you eventually get the tram and arrive at Meadowhall it will be nearer an hour. Plus Meadowhall is another junction up, which means if you’re heading back down the M1 you've added more time onto your journey.

Personally I'd park in the car park next to Decathlon; it’s about a 5/10 minute walk from the ground and only 50p an hour. This is Decathlons address, 199 Eyre St S1 3HU. However you may enter from Jessop or Sylvester St, the car park is just to the left of the main Decathlon car entrance.

Id recommend doing what Dan has said. Alternatively you can park over by Halfords, or a pub called the Sheaf View, which is a cracking little pub with a host of real ales.

Alternatively, there is parking all the way round the street of Brammal Lane, but it depends what you're planning on doing. Parking round there is pretty sparse. There is also parking around Ecclesall Road (there are some free spots near Hallam Collegiate Campus) , so may be worth a look.

Bit more parking advice.

The ground is based in the Highfield zone of the parking permit area of Sheffield. However a short walk away is non permit residential parking, just south of both Lansdowne and Highfield (See map below). Neither of these requires any permits nor have any restrictions. I currently live in the Lansdowne zone and whilst I wait for my permit have been parking on South View Road. 5/10 minute walk to the ground and offers easy access out of the city onto the A61, down through Chesterfield.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/parking-permits/resident/zone-map.html

no ladies included in my deal either !!!

Most of the people I know from London Saints are staying up there and we've got 39 going, certainly the hotel i'm staying in should be full of Saints fans

Plenty of places for good Real Ale before the game too, which I know you will enjoy several good pubs in Kelham Island area worth visiting, and several Ale pubs I've found in town centre that open until gone midnight after the game.

Names?

I'm in Sheffield this week-end so any recommendations in the town centre that would cut down on leg work would be greatly appreciated.

Names?

I'm in Sheffield this week-end so any recommendations in the town centre that would cut down on leg work would be greatly appreciated.

Devonshire Cat has a superb collection of beers - that's just down from Division St in the centre. You also have Green Room which is pretty good for Ales, and Frog and Parrot.

The Shakespeare, Fat Cat, and Kelham Island Tavern are all in the Kelham Island district of the city.

Sheaf View is one I'd recommend which is over the other side of the ground from the City. Hope this helps.

Bit surprised to see that Bramall Lane is bigger than St Mary's with a capacity of 32,702 (and they're looking to increase it to around 44,000 - ambitious), I guess they'll sell a few more yet but barely half full right now. We'll probably move a few more over the weekend with a home game - be good to see a further allocation.

Devonshire Cat has a superb collection of beers - that's just down from Division St in the centre. You also have Green Room which is pretty good for Ales, and Frog and Parrot.

The Shakespeare, Fat Cat, and Kelham Island Tavern are all in the Kelham Island district of the city.

Sheaf View is one I'd recommend which is over the other side of the ground from the City. Hope this helps.

Cheers for that.

Bit surprised to see that Bramall Lane is bigger than St Mary's with a capacity of 32,702 (and they're looking to increase it to around 44,000 - ambitious), I guess they'll sell a few more yet but barely half full right now. We'll probably move a few more over the weekend with a home game - be good to see a further allocation.

To be fair to them, unlike us, they dont need to rush to buy tickets. They will all get one easily and the match is 2.5 weeks away yet. Probably will get a decent walk up too but overall, their promotion push is more important

Has anyone got their tickets yet? Still haven't got mine!?

I think the ticket office posts out away tickets in batches these days, rather than as soon as the order comes in. No idea whether that's more efficient for them or not, but it's bloody annoying having to wait weeks for the ticket to arrive.

Ordered my tickets on Monday the 24th of November, and they arrived on Saturday morning. Just FYI.

I ordered at 9am on Monday too, and got my tickets saturday, but it says "Upper Stand" on the tickets, even though I got them before they started selling tickets specifically for the upper tier - where are yours, out of interest? Does "Upper stand" refer to the back of the lower tier?

I ordered at 9am on Monday too, and got my tickets saturday, but it says "Upper Stand" on the tickets, even though I got them before they started selling tickets specifically for the upper tier - where are yours, out of interest? Does "Upper stand" refer to the back of the lower tier?

Mine are the same, upper stand. Bought mine online and it displayed lower tier as 'sold out', so I was aware they'd be upper.

Bought ours about 15 mins after they went onsale and we've got row D of the lower tier. Hoping it'll be possible to swap with someone on the day to move further back...

I've got 3 tickets on row P of the upper tier if you are interested in swapping?

Having lived in Sheffield for the last 4 years coming off at Chesterfield is a good idea, unless you’re travelling through rush hour.

As for parking ignore that Meadowhall idea, the nearest tram stop is about a 20 minute walk away. Then by the time you eventually get the tram and arrive at Meadowhall it will be nearer an hour. Plus Meadowhall is another junction up, which means if you’re heading back down the M1 you've added more time onto your journey.

Personally I'd park in the car park next to Decathlon; it’s about a 5/10 minute walk from the ground and only 50p an hour. This is Decathlons address, 199 Eyre St S1 3HU. However you may enter from Jessop or Sylvester St, the car park is just to the left of the main Decathlon car entrance.

Cheers Dan I will park there. Should be an eventful day as my boy is at Sheffield Uni so after the game we'll be packing the car to bring him home for Christmas! Cannot wait!

This game suddenly looms much larger considering our form in the last 3 league games.

This is our mostly likely path to football in Europe. We are safe from relegation, but dreams of Top 5 or 6 seem to be evaporating.

In fact it will probably go down in history as the biggest away folllowing that our reserves have ever had.