General Election 2015

trousers

You said you don't get hostile first. So what if you think it's ********, there's no need to get hostile over it. That's the point, and disproves your holier-than-thou post above. You DO get hostile first, and thats that.

Don't worry, he's said he can't be arsed now which is his equivalent of admitting he was incorrect and apologising. Fair enough.

Don't worry, he's said he can't be arsed now which is his equivalent of admitting he was incorrect and apologising. Fair enough.

It's really sad when people just cannot back their posts up but at least with Pap it's his signature move.

Help. I'm being bullied by two of SaintsWeb's most popular posters.

However will I cope?

:mcinnes:

Ouch, is this where you're going now because you can't admit that the 'contradiction king' has done it again? You'd be better just not responding, surely?

Nah, not really.

Thing is boys, after playing Champions League level forum-boarding with intelligent people, Conference South has lost its lustre.

I know. I'm a modern football snob.

I'll add over-inflated ego to the charge sheet then...

I'd normally say don't be too hard on yourself. Normally.

Look, dragging this back to the core of what got you all hot and bothered in the first place, I believe there are a couple of things you remarked upon. First, there is my hostility, which shows no sign of abating, I must admit. I'm not sure why you think you're on the correct side of the argument here. From the outset, I qualified exceptions, mostly holdovers from previous feuds, but sometimes, just the inevitable consequence of reading five pages of unbelievable jizz, and just wanting to make some, any, kind of f**king sense of it. So I wrote it down.

Then there is "running away from the posts". It's amusing, because pretty much everything you ever write on here is unsubstantiated, shot from the hip and frequently climbed down from. I respect that a bit, especially the climb down part, because all too often, including now, we just get bickering that borders on trolling. It just doesn't leave you in great position to accuse others of doing the same thing.

Especially when we're still here.

Not sure why this is continuing. I accused you of reacting to the poster rather than the post on a number of occasions. You admit that actually you do do this with certain posters. You've qualified it by saying you get bored of the rubbish they post and by calling them exceptions but it seems that in general we agree. So there isn't much of a disagreement.

I'd normally say don't be too hard on yourself. Normally.

Look, dragging this back to the core of what got you all hot and bothered in the first place, I believe there are a couple of things you remarked upon. First, there is my hostility, which shows no sign of abating, I must admit. I'm not sure why you think you're on the correct side of the argument here. From the outset, I qualified exceptions, mostly holdovers from previous feuds, but sometimes, just the inevitable consequence of reading five pages of unbelievable jizz, and just wanting to make some, any, kind of f**king sense of it. So I wrote it down.

Then there is "running away from the posts". It's amusing, because pretty much everything you ever write on here is unsubstantiated, shot from the hip and frequently climbed down from. I respect that a bit, especially the climb down part, because all too often, including now, we just get bickering that borders on trolling. It just doesn't leave you in great position to accuse others of doing the same thing.

Especially when we're still here.

Fine, so what your saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, is that you don't insult others first, under any circumstances, unless it's a situation when you do. Cool, that's clear.

There have been a number of times when you don't answer the accusations made against you. It is a common theme, and something that gets commented on by many on here, least of all me. In relation to my posting habits, I tend to post my opinion more than anything else, and being quite an open minded individual I am more than happy to change my mind when presented with a convincing argument. I don't have the time to research all nuances of an argument I admit, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion, however outlandish you believe it is. I think my opinion on those that can afford to pay for private healthcare, to take the pressure off an underfunded and overstretched NHS is one of them.

Discrimination is discrimination, end of. It's a shame that you feel that some people can be discriminated against more. Is there a hierarchy, or is this based on your (questionable) moral compass?

Laughable stuff. Seriously, well done for sticking with it.

Fine, so what your saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, is that you don't insult others first, under any circumstances, unless it's a situation when you do. Cool, that's clear.

There have been a number of times when you don't answer the accusations made against you. It is a common theme, and something that gets commented on by many on here, least of all me. In relation to my posting habits, I tend to post my opinion more than anything else, and being quite an open minded individual I am more than happy to change my mind when presented with a convincing argument. I don't have the time to research all nuances of an argument I admit, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion, however outlandish you believe it is. I think my opinion on those that can afford to pay for private healthcare, to take the pressure off an underfunded and overstretched NHS is one of them.

Yawn.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?54116-Top-5-on-SWF&p=2185242#post2185242

And well done for not having the cojones to backup your point.

I've made my point. It was/is a joke.

You're the one churning out drivel about "discrimination is discrimination. End of." That's also a joke.

All I am asking for your hierarchy of discrimination if you don't believe all discrimination is equal. That's all.

On your terms, all "discrimination" is clearly not equal. Obviously. Infant school obviously.

This kind of thing is in, you know, the law and stuff.

Hence why people saying a single joke about gingers on Mock The Week is not the same as 50 years of Apartheid in South Africa.

You can slot that oh-so-awful board outside a cafe somewhere between those two points if you like.

On your terms, all "discrimination" is clearly not equal. Obviously. Infant school obviously.

This kind of thing is in, you know, the law and stuff.

Hence why people saying a single joke about gingers on Mock The Week is not the same as 50 years of Apartheid in South Africa.

You can slot that oh-so-awful board outside a cafe somewhere between those two points if you like.

As far as I am concerned, and the way that some 'regimes' started their discrimination, all discrimination is abhorrent. End of.

By the way, I am 99% sure that more people have killed themselves for being bullied for being fat, ginger etc, than have died due to, for instance, JSA sanctions.

But it's all bantz, so doesn't matter does it?

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

As far as I am concerned, and the way that some 'regimes' started their discrimination, all discrimination is abhorrent. End of.

Even a joke outside a cafe. Go you.

Don't be doing no more jokes about any indentifiable groupings of human beings ever again, will ya now? Because that would be, like, so abhorrent.

So what would happen if a local coffee shop had displayed a blackboard asking people to admit to voting labour so they could pay 20% more to subsidise other people's coffee and to pay for the extra business costs associated with new regulations and taxes?

The sign would be vandalised and 'Tory Scum' scrawled on the door. The local student Union would announce an immediate boycott and demonstration. Customers would be given leaflets by scruffy looking middle class students who in-between yelling abuse at customers and staff organise a smear campaign on social media using the latest top of the range I-pads and i-phones . Martin Freeman announces that he will not use the coffee shop again before it emerges he has shares in Costa and has been drinking in Starbucks for years. The coffee shop eventually closes and two hard working and decent Poles, a Latvian and a Romanian lose their jobs.

Hahaha, genius!!

Well, that took a nanosecond.

Unbelievable Jeff: Abhorrent.

Just for a quick change of subject... What are your thoughts on this Pap (and any other Northern Saints)? Fancy joining the lefty nation?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/5-000-call-for-north-of-england-to-join-scotland-1-3770449

I've considered moving to Scotland!

But yeah, if they move the border that'd be handy. It would be very interesting to see what sort of country would emerge from such a union. Completely biased opinion, but I always thought somewhere in the North West, particularly Liverpool, would have made a better capital for the purposes of holding the Union together. Full of people from all over the Union; shared heritage and respect. People moan about the Scots wanting out, but you only have to look at some of the comments made by our southern brethren to see why.

Well, that took a nanosecond.

Unbelievable Jeff: Abhorrent.

My word, you didn't did you? Even after I said I was joking this morning, and not taking anyone else to task on it in the same way as you, can you still not quite see what's happening here? I mean previously I didn't value your opinion, hence why I very rarely respond to anything you post unless it is in reply to me. But to still not get that I am playing with you after all this, I mean, come on man.

But yeah, if they move the border that'd be handy. It would be very interesting to see what sort of country would emerge from such a union. Completely biased opinion, but I always thought somewhere in the North West, particularly Liverpool, would have made a better capital for the purposes of holding the Union together. Full of people from all over the Union; shared heritage and respect. People moan about the Scots wanting out, but you only have to look at some of the comments made by our southern brethren to see why.

I've never actually been to Scotland but heard good things. Always thought about going up for the fringe - anyone been?

I've never actually been to Scotland but heard good things. Always thought about going up for the fringe - anyone been?

I have spent A LOT of time up there. Mainly in and around Glasgow.

Have been to places further north. Many people in places further up from Glasgow say similar thing to Northerners in this country. IE, "what do they know about our lives in Glasgow'......Edinburgh may be the capital but it is all about the Weegies....

also, never seen as much open and blatant racism/biogtry anywhere else in the UK than I have in Scotland (well, Glasgow)

Edinburgh is great mind. Been to the Fringe and have family in Kirkcaldy. that part of the country is great.

My word, you didn't did you? Even after I said I was joking this morning, and not taking anyone else to task on it in the same way as you, can you still not quite see what's happening here? I mean previously I didn't value your opinion, hence why I very rarely respond to anything you post unless it is in reply to me. But to still not get that I am playing with you after all this, I mean, come on man.

Okay then. If that's your get out fine.

If my missus ever kicks me out I'd probably relocate to Edinburgh, even though the politics up there are as **** as the winter weather.

Hey "super"mikey, do you know if Bar Kohl is still open?

I don't appreciate those sarky quotation marks, i've earned this title. As for Bar Kohl, i've not been but they re-opened it recently under a new name. Was closed for a little bit I think.

Would be interesting to see the politics of such a re-organisation - the North is ostensibly more left-wing than the South so that would change a lot. What would the new country be called though? Mancunia? Scouseton?

Farage getting absoutely mullered!

you do realise that he wasnt getting 'mullered'..he was quite sober at the time

HTH

mullered

ˈmʌləd/

adjectiveBRITISHinformal

extremely drunk.

"we both got absolutely mullered at a work do"

Edited by Batman

I've met Dave and Ed (at a wedding about 5 years ago). Charming men, whether you agree with their politics or not.

And certainly not morons.

At the same wedding?

Although "Dave and Ed" does have a certain ring to it ;p

Sorry to bring it back but CB Fry does have a point; I watched QT the other month where Jewish historians were at pains to say that the systematic murder of the disabled in the nazi concerntration camps was not part of the holocaust and wasn't really that serious. That made me slightly mad.

At the same wedding?

Although "Dave and Ed" does have a certain ring to it ;p

Sorry to bring it back but CB Fry does have a point; I watched QT the other month where Jewish historians were at pains to say that the systematic murder of the disabled in the nazi concerntration camps was not part of the holocaust and wasn't really that serious. That made me slightly mad.

Yes it was at the same wedding but not to each other lol.

I don't appreciate those sarky quotation marks, i've earned this title. As for Bar Kohl, i've not been but they re-opened it recently under a new name. Was closed for a little bit I think.

Would be interesting to see the politics of such a re-organisation - the North is ostensibly more left-wing than the South so that would change a lot. What would the new country be called though? Mancunia? Scouseton?

The biggest issue for the reformed southern State would be immigration.