Leicester Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Was good for us. Proven since he's class. Do you like anyone?

Never got the love in for Pearson. He's a typical journey man manager. I don't think it would have made a difference whether he was given the job or not.

Do I like anyone? Yes I do.

Never got the love in for Pearson. He's a typical journey man manager. I don't think it would have made a difference whether he was given the job or not.

He is a great man. Met him and has so much love for sfc.

Another tough game, a few signs of tiredness today, hopefullt RoKo gives them a bit of rest in the week. Leicester have struggled for goals recently. It's quite incredible how well we're doing, the last few games have proved we're a cut above a lot of teams in this league. Whilst I am worried it's all a bit too good to be true what is happening right now, and convinced we're due a defeat, confidence is high and we're playing too well. Saints 3-0 Leicester

If you wanted to tell everyone that you'd met him, why didn't you just do that?

How much love has he got for the saints then? More than he has for Leicester?

Bad day or something? Did it really warrant that response?

Take a chill pill or something.

I like Leicester and hope they do well this season but with all due respect to them we are firing on all cylinders and couldn't be playing a better team at home as they are not scoring and losing games.

I'll give a good reception to Pearson and the opposite to that smug little skate Nugent.

I hope Nigel Pearson gets a good reception from Saints fans. He did well to keep us in the Championship before a certain duckshooter sacked and replaced him.

We should win if we re are not tired and complacent.

Between when Strachan left and Pardew arrived I would say Pearson was the only decent manager we had in those barren years.

Deano, if he plays should get a good reception, as should Pearson. Nugent however should get it with both barrells and hopefully Big Vic will do a job on him (if you know what I mean ;)).

I won't be I'm afraid. The old knee problem's flaring up again. Thank you for your kind words tho.

Dean Hammond deserves a great reception, maybe bring out his old song (if anyone still remembers it!)? Nugent deserves everything he gets, surprised he didn't link up with Arry, I'm pretty sure there was some kind of love-in going on there.

Did he **** your missus or something? He did a decent job for us with a sh*t squad, and always came across as a decent bloke despite getting treated so badly by Lowe. Deserves a decent reception.

Did he **** your missus or something? He did a decent job for us with a sh*t squad, and always came across as a decent bloke despite getting treated so badly by Lowe. Deserves a decent reception.

That's sort of how I remember it too, but when I looked it up turns out he only presided over 3 wins from 14 games, which even given weak team ain't exactly pulling up trees.

In other news, with 76% win rate, Koeman is currently the best Southampton Manager OF ALL TIME. I mean, statistically :)

That's sort of how I remember it too, but when I looked it up turns out he only presided over 3 wins from 14 games, which even given weak team ain't exactly pulling up trees.

In other news, with 76% win rate, Koeman is currently the best Southampton Manager OF ALL TIME. I mean, statistically :)

P 14 - W 3 - D 7 - L 4

4 Losses from 14, with one of those losses being 24 hours after his appointment.

Lowe getting rid of him was frankly ludicrous.

Edited by Nolan

I have a lot of respect for Nigel Pearson. He instilled belief in team that had none and saved us from relegation, against the odds. Didn't deserve to be pushed out.

Yes, we've had technically better managers but his commitment and passion were great and he had a really good close rapport with fans.

Pearson didn't go because of form, he went because he was on stupid money and wouldn't budge. We couldn't afford it - so he went. You could argue that he made the position untenable, not the other way round.

he was out of contract. Wouldn't/Couldn't accept what was on offer so didn't sign a new one.

I do not get all this blaming Lowe. The previous guys spent too much without a return and even though Crouch came to the rescue for a while it was too late. They gambled with our future and lost!

Lowe came back in to see if he could rescue but there was no money to pay for a decent Manager like Pearson. That is why we went down the cheap route. Even then it was too late.

If we had not been in the financial mess I am confident Pearson would have been engaged for a longer spell. However that is in the past. The present is beyond our wildest dreams from those dark days.

I do not get all this blaming Lowe. The previous guys spent too much without a return and even though Crouch came to the rescue for a while it was too late. They gambled with our future and lost!

Lowe came back in to see if he could rescue but there was no money to pay for a decent Manager like Pearson. That is why we went down the cheap route. Even then it was too late.

If we had not been in the financial mess I am confident Pearson would have been engaged for a longer spell. However that is in the past. The present is beyond our wildest dreams from those dark days.

Lowe shouldn't have come in in first place. Brought nothing to table. He made mistake after mistake with managers and was the worst thing to happen to club.

Pearson didn't go because of form, he went because he was on stupid money and wouldn't budge. We couldn't afford it - so he went. You could argue that he made the position untenable, not the other way round.

He wasn't on stupid money at all. Believe me.