Villa away ticket prices

Mikey88

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but the Villa away game on Monday the 24th of this month is being priced at £41 a ticket which I think is crazy given the timing and the fact it is televised. Are there many people on here willing to pay that?

I saw that last night, utter ****take for a Monday night televised game. Fair play to the people who will pay it (and 1500+ will), I'm 'lucky' in that I can get a disabled tkt and I hope to be going but it's a ridiculous price (that won't change until people collectively stop paying it). I feel a little bit compromised that my support supports this level of pricing but as it's a game that will go to general sale and me and the nipper love our midweek football any port in a storm and all that.

The Man City game is available now but saying to be eligible you need to have been to all 14/15 home games, this must be a mistake as previously they said you had to have bought for one of them

they are not very good at testing these system priorities before going live

The Man City game is available now but saying to be eligible you need to have been to all 14/15 home games, this must be a mistake as previously they said you had to have bought for one of them

Arsenal kept saying ST Holders only up until about 9:15, managed to bag one in the end.

Agreed. I ended up getting tickets over the phone, was desperate to get them. Will be taking my 11yo nephew who sadly lost his Dad (my brother) recently.

I paid £15 a couple of years back for Baggies v Saints on a Monday night. Villa charging £41 is a joke - no wonder there were swathes of empty seats at Villa Park yesterday. Morihno's got a point when he complains of lack of atmosphere - sky high ticket prices are deterring real fans. Any chance of Villa budging on this? Unlikely I know.

The pricing was set in the summer, before it was announced as a televised game on a Monday evening.

****. :( I was going to go to this before I knew it was £41. total joke. I want and can go but I refuse to pay anything over £40 for a PL match.

Will save the money and go to Sheff Utd.

The pricing was set in the summer, before it was announced as a televised game on a Monday evening.

It's easy for you to trot that line out as you rarely go to away games. Those of us who do face a dilemma about these things.

On the one hand I desperately want to go and cheer Saints on, on the other I despise paying over £40 for a ticket. Tough choice.

They should be more flexible, they obviously knew they'd get a number of home games televised. It's a rip off, it's clubs like Villa that are killing the game for fans.

That might be so, but with FFP regulations, there is not an incentive for clubs to drop prices. However, their home attendances have been woeful really. The ground holds 42,700 odd and their current home attendances....

NUFC - 30k

Hull - 28k

Arse - 40k

Man C- 33k

Spuds - 32k

So say they are about 10k down, rather than charge £41 they could knock £10 off a ticket and be up if they attracted several thousand more. But could they attract that many more? Given the way they are going, I wouldn't be surprised if our game has a lower attendance than their game against Hull. Still, its better than the £60 odd that some are asked to play.

I went to both the last 2 games at Villa park cos it's local to me, and they was pretty much bore-fest, albeit we walked away with 4 pts :). I'm away on holiday for this one tho so should deffo be +goals and i would recommend £41 as sound investment!

It's easy for you to trot that line out as you rarely go to away games. Those of us who do face a dilemma about these things.

On the one hand I desperately want to go and cheer Saints on, on the other I despise paying over £40 for a ticket. Tough choice.

Told my lad the prices and even he said "we won't go dad, it's too expensive".

Blades and Dingles before Xmas for us so it's happy and dads wallet isn't any lighter.

Told my lad the prices and even he said "we won't go dad, it's too expensive".

Blades and Dingles before Xmas for us so it's happy and dads wallet isn't any lighter.

Faur play. I wish I was as clinical as your nipper in deciding these things. Once I've sorted out childcare I'll be at Sheff Utd. Already booked train for Burnley - only £8 each way from South Birmingham.

The biggest joke ticket prices are at Loftus Road. £55 for Cat A games in the centre of the Upper Tier. We're Cat B so even we have to pay £40-£45 to visit the worst ground in the league.

Faur play. I wish I was as clinical as your nipper in deciding these things. Once I've sorted out childcare I'll be at Sheff Utd. Already booked train for Burnley - only £8 each way from South Birmingham.

The biggest joke ticket prices are at Loftus Road. £55 for Cat A games in the centre of the Upper Tier. We're Cat B so even we have to pay £40-£45 to visit the worst ground in the league.

£17 for the lad and me on the train from Stafford.

And Mourinho wonders why atmosphere is flat...it's because the only people able to afford it will soon be middle aged, financially secure people, slightly more reserved than The youngsters, early twenty something's who jump up and down, sing and create the atmosphere like I did in the day up and down the country. They just can't afford it anymore.

And Mourinho wonders why atmosphere is flat...it's because the only people able to afford it will soon be middle aged, financially secure people, slightly more reserved than The youngsters, early twenty something's who jump up and down, sing and create the atmosphere like I did in the day up and down the country. They just can't afford it anymore.

very true. I can just about afford it lol- (haha and my student loan may play a part ;) ) I really did like League 1 days though when I went to literally 40 odd games- tickets were well priced (and I had a lot of time :) )