Parking for SMS

Other side of Itchen Bridge is free and no more than 15 mins walk. Empress Road is probably closer and has the added bonus of being near the Rockstone.

There's plenty of closer places but you'll have to pay.

I'd recommend this one too- traffic really pi**es me off after a game though- though not so much when we win :D ;)

Woolston is good for a quick getaway if driving east, its when you need to drive up Thomas Lewis Way or through Bitterne that it gets clogged up.

There's also a shuttle bus that goes over the bridge to the ground for £1 each way if your kids don't fancy the walk or if it's raining.

You can also park up on the pavement by the railtrack near the Farmhouse which makes the people paying £7 to park around the corner look a bit silly although I'd imagine it will take ages to get out from there if the barriers are down.

Cheers chaps. Coming in from Essex so probably going to get there early and now thinking about staying in Soton after to get the kids some dinner before heading home, no not fussed about a quick get away then. Thinking of maybe West Quay.

There's also a shuttle bus that goes over the bridge to the ground for £1 each way if your kids don't fancy the walk or if it's raining.

Hasn't been lately, heard someone say the owner had died? Means you now have to walk or get First Bus, who are an absolute rip-off (£2 for a single across the bridge, £1.50 for a child).

Loads of the businesses on the trading estate right by the stadium open their car park every match day, normally £5.

Parking close to St. Mary's is normally very easy, as long as you get there at least an hour before. Be prepared for a big traffic jam after the game though!

Edit/ just saw your second post, trading estate probably not an option then as they tend to lock up early.

Edited by Plastic

There is a car wash by Toys R Us opposite train station which lets you leave the car there for the duration of the game - they do a good job too, inside and out if you want. Think prices range from a fiver to 15 quid, ideal if you want to take it in turns each game driving. Only problem is its quite a walk especially in the cold and rain.

I usually use the East Street multi storey. Never any issues with security or finding a space, and cheap. Afterwards, while the traffic dies down either pop into the Royal Oak on the walk back, or the Standing Order (very child-friendly like most wetherspoons.)

I usually use the East Street multi storey. Never any issues with security or finding a space, and cheap. Afterwards, while the traffic dies down either pop into the Royal Oak on the walk back, or the Standing Order (very child-friendly like most wetherspoons.)

It's been closed for ages now because the shopping centre has been demolished and a Morrison's is being built.