Itchen Corner - Man City onwards

JackanorySFC

Just logged on to buy an extra ticket for the Man City game and noticed "good availability" for block 3. Clicked on it and saw that for the first time (that I've seen it anyway) it's completely open to buy tickets in. Previously I understand that block 3 has been for club employees only, this effects what is a good atmosphere generated by blocks 1&2 but stops it being as good as it was pre relegation when you had 1-4 all really getting behind the team.

Just wondering if this will carry on after the City game or the club will only open it for Cat A games to increase revenue? IMO it would be great to have a fully standing block 3 like before.

Block 3 is open again as it used to be before the corners got shut and club stopped reserving just for staff etc....its slowly re-emerging and showing signs of getting back to how it was. I have noticed more lads buying the day tickets now for Itchen corner as opposed to kingsland north so it will definitely get rocking again

Block 3 is open again as it used to be before the corners got shut and club stopped reserving just for staff etc....its slowly re-emerging and showing signs of getting back to how it was. I have noticed more lads buying the day tickets now for Itchen corner as opposed to kingsland north so it will definitely get rocking again

Itchen North corner is top class if you like banter and taking the píss. I've sat in all parts of the ground bar Kingsland North. No contest, imo - even with the Northam.

Do you know how long block 3 has been fully open for? I'm a ST holder at the back of block 2, normally block 3 clearly is taken up mostly by club employees, but has been getting better. When buying tickets for friends/ family usually block 3 hasn't been an option, only really noticed it for City.

As Pap says, it's way better for atmosphere than the Northam as you can actually see the away fans and vice versa, leading to some decent too and throughs and the (not tiresome at all) weekly rendition of "have you ever seen your ****" to the token fat Northener near block 1.

If block 3 can start filling up with people of a similar mind set to us over in 1&2 it can definitely get back to pre corner closing levels.

Only really see club employees in block 3 and they only take up part of one row (LL 35-50ish). In the past, saw far more people associated with the club in block 4

The bigger problem is not the dilution in support caused by every employee, wag and their dog but the fact that parts of block 3 don't sell period. Putting employees there is a symptom, not the cause of the problem.

Itchen North corner is top class if you like banter and taking the píss. I've sat in all parts of the ground bar Kingsland North. No contest, imo - even with the Northam.

I sat there once at home to Chelsea and everyone sat down straight from kick-off, barely a peep was heard. It was a cup game though tbf so probably not the regulars.

What row/block would you recommend for someone who wants to stand and sing for 90 minutes?

I don't like people taking the píss, so I'm going to stick to the Northam.

Fanny.

I sat there once at home to Chelsea and everyone sat down straight from kick-off, barely a peep was heard. It was a cup game though tbf so probably not the regulars.

What row/block would you recommend for someone who wants to stand and sing for 90 minutes?

I'm in Row Z - Block 1. Quite a few around me sing, but it's louder toward the back. We tend to spin on their chants.

Fanny.

This. I have the píss taken out of me there by our own fans, on account of the long barnet and all that. If I can deal, then I'm sure everyone else can ;)

Yeah teh banter is outa hand. "Who are ya" "We can see you sneaking out" "You're so Northern....." "You've had your day out...."

It's too much sometimes.

Yeah, that's why my sensible side tells me.

The tribal little c**t that pitches up at St Mary's every fortnight doesn't mind as much :)

Back in the Championship dark days when we were relegated from the Premier League I used to love sitting in the Itchen Corner! As other posters have said there is a great atmosphere and good banter with the away fans. When we were in League 1 I started sitting in the Kingsland Corner Block 38/39 which is where a lot of chants and noise is generated at St. Mary's these days. However, if Blocks 1/2 (and 3) are consistently loud like they were vs Stoke then I would definitely consider moving my season ticket there next season.

Back in the Championship dark days when we were relegated from the Premier League I used to love sitting in the Itchen Corner! As other posters have said there is a great atmosphere and good banter with the away fans. When we were in League 1 I started sitting in the Kingsland Corner Block 38/39 which is where a lot of chants and noise is generated at St. Mary's these days. However, if Blocks 1/2 (and 3) are consistently loud like they were vs Stoke then I would definitely consider moving my season ticket there next season.
+1.

Itchen North was good in its day - we had STs over there for the Play-Off season, probably as good as it's been. Good ol' crowd in there back then but we lasted just one season in there, crazy wait for the half-time pint and if you sit lower than halfway up you're gonna get your eyes burned out if it's a sunny day.

One thing's for sure, having moved around a few times it does highlight how poor the stadium acoustics are. If you're over in the Itchen you barely notice the Northam home crowd but aways are usually pretty loud but as the Kingsland North have been seats of choice ever since, sometimes you wouldn't know there were visiting fans nearby.

Just logged on to buy an extra ticket for the Man City game and noticed "good availability" for block 3. Clicked on it and saw that for the first time (that I've seen it anyway) it's completely open to buy tickets in. Previously I understand that block 3 has been for club employees only, this effects what is a good atmosphere generated by blocks 1&2 but stops it being as good as it was pre relegation when you had 1-4 all really getting behind the team.

Just wondering if this will carry on after the City game or the club will only open it for Cat A games to increase revenue? IMO it would be great to have a fully standing block 3 like before.

It's been completely open for booking all of this season. Has sold slowly though, I guess because most fans get into a habit of going to a particular part of the ground and stick to that.

This. I have the píss taken out of me there by our own fans, on account of the long barnet and all that. If I can deal, then I'm sure everyone else can ;)

No fear! I have a very big ego but thin skin - sounds like I'm best off avoiding this zoo.

Do you know how long block 3 has been fully open for? I'm a ST holder at the back of block 2, normally block 3 clearly is taken up mostly by club employees, but has been getting better. When buying tickets for friends/ family usually block 3 hasn't been an option, only really noticed it for City.

As Pap says, it's way better for atmosphere than the Northam as you can actually see the away fans and vice versa, leading to some decent too and throughs and the (not tiresome at all) weekly rendition of "have you ever seen your ****" to the token fat Northener near block 1.

If block 3 can start filling up with people of a similar mind set to us over in 1&2 it can definitely get back to pre corner closing levels.

Lol not sure. I have a season ticket in block 3 and my mate bought a ticket for the Leicester game a few weeks ago and is right next to me, so I assumed this season was now open to normal fans. I think the staff are now in block 4

It is definitely getting better over there with the atmosphere returning, had some great games in that part of the ground, particularly memorable for atmosphere was Bristol City at home 08-09 season and the skates game in the cup. If you watch Lambert's goal filmed from the Kingsland you can see the Itchen corner bounce towards the skate end in celebration.

Now half season tickets are available the chance is there for more fans to locate to this area.

If you love pointing at the away fans, miming the 'yeah, you, outside, l8rz' and not in any way watching the game, then that's the corner for you. Which it probably is ..

We watch most of the football. We spend a little time conversing with the away fans, is all. We did look like idiots when we thought we scored and didn't catch the disallowal. Not watching enough of the game definitely a factor there.

I do wonder how many altercations actually take place. Certainly a lot of bids.

Itchen Corner was immense fun today. The second-half was superb in there.

The support was a little disjointed in the first half, little pockets competing with each other and clashing. Second half was much better, although there were too many away fans and dragalongs for it to hit it consistently. Leicester's legitimate lot were a good, loud crowd - credit to them, although I'm glad we didn't have to suffer the indignity of their Poznan.

Some classics were sung, and they had their day out :D