At what point does winning every game get tedious?

Chewy

Seriously, I'd like to know. I've spent almost 40 years accepting that my Saturday evenings (and since the premier league, Saturday lunchtimes, Sunday lunchtimes and evenings and possibly Monday nights) will be mostly ruined by the saints result, occasionally interspersed with an uplifting result, and even more occasionally with an outstanding result against a top team.

This year? Turn up and win, turn up and win. It's so monotonous it's almost boring. I can't get my head around it. How's a saints fan meant to react? I genuinely don't know what I'm meant to do. Please help me.

Saints are making up for that record people used to post on here before Markus took over. Something along the lines of us having one of the poorest winning percentages in English league football.

Who's laughing now !

I'm f-cking laughing. Laughing at the 4 L's: Bin Dippers, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert. L is for Losers you chumpheads :-)

And most of all I'm laughing at that dickhead Rogers. Most excellent!

I'm f-cking laughing. Laughing at the 4 L's: Bin Dippers, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert. L is for Losers you chumpheads :-)

Steady on now, that kind of thing tends to come back and bite you on the arse.

So-called 'first world' problem! If the biggest problem you have is that we're winning all the time and you can't quite process it...you've got it made. And, more than that, it's not a problem. Rejoice. Enjoy. Go out and smell the flowers. Eat some chocolate and celebrate.

Don't normally go I for schadenfreude, but feck me I did enjoy Lallana on the bench, LOLvren having a mare and Rodgers squirming in post match interviews.

Just a few years back I was driving home happy with a late draw at Carlisle, and now Will Hill make us a shorter price than Liverpool for a top 4 finish. Been a great journey, and thoroughly deserved after the years of dross football and late escapes - as entertaining as they were in retrospect.

30 years ago we were one of the best two TEAMS in the country we are almost that again.

funny you should say that, I was a kid back when that was the case and through the bad times I always used to wish I had been older in the early eighties to appreciate it better. Well now I can really appreciate what's going on cos this run has been one of my highlights as a Saints fan for over 35 years !

I liked Phil Thompson on the Sky website:

Southampton are the new Liverpool. They can still win when playing below par.

Bored.....are you kidding.

I have too many memories like being laughed at by Watford fans during a wet, midweek cup game, dismal capitulation at Pompey, losing 3-0 in the cold rain at Blackburn, having our asses handed to us at Everton, humiliatingly turned over at Tranmere and Bristol Rovers (SRL had a good one for them that day), more dreary away defeats than I care to remember and plenty of home ones too.

Sounds like you've been following Saints as long as I have.

We've paid our dues, it's time for some long overdue fun.

Enjoy it.

;)

I took my nephew to his first saints game at Wembley for the JPT. He previously 'supported' Arsenal.

At the FT whistle he asked if it was always this exciting being a saints supportter. My reply was no, enjoy it.

Turns out I was talking rubbish and it has got better and better and better.

Youll be glad to know he is now a season ticket holder and goes to as many away games as he can afford.

Good lad :)

I took my nephew to his first saints game at Wembley for the JPT. He previously 'supported' Arsenal.

At the FT whistle he asked if it was always this exciting being a saints supportter. My reply was no, enjoy it.

Youll be glad to know he is now a season ticket holder and goes to as many away games as he can afford.

That's a beautiful little story. :)

Well I love it long may it continue. We are a different beast these days, I found myself saying in second half we won't win this. Then immediately

said no plenty of time to win this and sure enough we did. But it's hard to get over years of blowing it, but it's a nice feeling going into games

feeling confident we can get a positive result. I don't think I'd ever get bored of this.

My lads first game was the promotion clincher against Coventry. He witnessed a full-house, four goals, a promotion and went on the pitch. At that point I assumed everything else would be an anti-climax for him. Now it looks like just the start.

Seriously, I'd like to know. I've spent almost 40 years accepting that my Saturday evenings (and since the premier league, Saturday lunchtimes, Sunday lunchtimes and evenings and possibly Monday nights) will be mostly ruined by the saints result, occasionally interspersed with an uplifting result, and even more occasionally with an outstanding result against a top team.

This year? Turn up and win, turn up and win. It's so monotonous it's almost boring. I can't get my head around it. How's a saints fan meant to react? I genuinely don't know what I'm meant to do. Please help me.

I understand what you are saying but it will not last for long so lets be happy about the way the results are coming in

In all honesty, I would be bored of winning if we had gone the City or Chelski route......Doing it the right way, by developing talent and buying wisely, that's just priceless, and would never get old if we can continue that way.

Have to agree with this, however, on a much smaller scale we did when we were in league 1 and the championship, were we not known as the Man City of league 1 for a while, although as Ohio wrote we still brought on the young in house talent as well.

We've earnt this.

On remembrance weekend let's remember that there are legions of football fans all over the country who are loyally supporting little clubs that have never achieved anything important or indeed won a damn thing. Have those fans also not 'earned' some kind or reward? Our wilderness years in the lower reaches of the Football League proved to be a relatively short interruption in this clubs recent history - for so many others it remains a permanent fixture in their footballing lives.

No, we are where we are today thanks to a combination of Leibherr money, good fortune and one hell of a lot of hard work. But to quote a memorable line from one of my favourite films - deserving's got nothing to do with it ...

Can't get bored as it's not about the winning...thats the product of witnessing some great football and the challenges that keep on presenting themselves. The next one is whether we can compete and win against the 'big' teams. Then if we do finish top four whether we can make mark in Europe. Plus there's the question of silverware...when will we see another cup win? And so on...there are so many achievements potentially yet in store but to get them we've got to keep on winning...no reason to get bored!?

I'm afraid having been going for over 40 years I just can't believe it will continue. Every game I think "this is the one where the wheels fall off". I so desperately want to enjoy this but that nagging feeling is always there.

I dont think the wheels will come off I just dont think everything will always go right and we will win all our games but from about ten years ago for five years I was quite despondent so it is quite nice to have had five years of relative success