Player Of The Season So Far

Pastor Patrón

Fonte for me! Strange how Liverpool bought the CB that was in the limelight last season and we've still got the best defence in the league whilst Lovren's fallen apart. I certainly didn't predict that in the summer! Fonte continually ups his game when required. Perfect choice for captain.

Gotta say I can't really choose one as in general everyone has been important in their own way, even like today with Long.

As a cohesive unit the team has been superb and i cannot single any one player out.

Same for me. I don't think I've ever been able to say that...maybe as the season goes on it will become more clear.

Wanyama for me. Never really had a player like that that I can remember (started following saints 89-90). Totally dominates the midfield, and his passing has improved massively this season.

Difficult to pick one player given the high level of performance from everyone.. but like you I think Wanyama has moved up a level from last season and has been key to the minimal goals against column.. must play against the 'big' teams coming up.

It really is hard because our success has clearly been down to a well-drilled team ethos, rather than any individual brilliance. However, if I had to pick one player who has consistently put in superb performances and been pivotal to our play then I would have to say Wanyama. The protection that he gives to the back four is the biggest single contributor to our defensive record IMO, and his passing has improved massively since last year meaning that we can actually do something positive with the ball once he has won it.

It has to be between Tadič, Pellè, Morgan, Clyne, Bertrand and Fonte, with honourable mention to Cork, Davis, Wanyama and Alderweireld.

Pellè gets it for me. Just. But my God is it a tricky one to decide. But every team that wants to be successful needs a goalscorer and he's also a player around which so much of our attack is based.

I don't think he'll win it overall though, as strikers can drift in and out of a season with form. Continue as we are all season, and I'd be inclined to give it to our captain, Fonte.

Wanyama for me. Never really had a player like that that I can remember (started following saints 89-90). Totally dominates the midfield, and his passing has improved massively this season.

Wanyama would be second for me, Clyne edges it imo because he's had a fair bit more game time. Tadic and Pelle are too hot and cold for me atm, I prefer a consistent 8/10 player to someone who's 10/10 one week then 6/10 the next. Tadic has probably been the most influential player but it's not Clyne's fault RB's aren't generally as influential, he's been absolutely flawless.

Wanyama would be second for me, Clyne edges it imo because he's had a fair bit more game time. Tadic and Pelle are too hot and cold for me atm, I prefer a consistent 8/10 player to someone who's 10/10 one week then 6/10 the next. Tadic has probably been the most influential player but it's not Clyne's fault RB's aren't generally as influential, he's been absolutely flawless.

Clyne has been an 8/10 player for 18 months now. Undropable.

If he doesn't play for England in this break, then someone needs to section Hodgson and send him to Tatchbury Mount.

Tadic for me, he has that little something special to unlock defences.

I could so easily have given it to Pelle, Wanyama, Morgan, Clyne, Toby, Fonte or Bertrand. Then there are Cork, Davis and Forster who have been consistent and done little wrong. The agony of choice.

Vergini, Mannone, Williamson, Bony and Jakupovic have been particularly good to us.

Really, Tadic. Pelle, Morgan, Vic, Clyne, Bertrand and Alderweireld deserve honourable mentions.

Victor and Bertrand most improved (Bertrand pretty average last year at Villa by all accounts. Then again, who isn't?)