Paul Mitchell To Leave Saints

Saint-Armstrong

I'm pretty sure we couldn't stop him if he wanted to leave, not many people turn down a job that pays more. :)

Generally speaking you may be right, but I have. And I am currently working my notice to leave my current job to take work that pays less, because I'm not happy in what I do and want to do work that I enjoy and that I feel I'm contributing something by doing rather than just being a pawn in someone elses machine.

I don't know Mitchell, but I do know that the grass is often not greener, even if more money is on offer.

Generally speaking you may be right, but I have. And I am currently working my notice to leave my current job to take work that pays less, because I'm not happy in what I do and want to do work that I enjoy and that I feel I'm contributing something by doing rather than just being a pawn in someone elses machine.

I don't know Mitchell, but I do know that the grass is often not greener, even if more money is on offer.

The funny thing is head of recruitment at Tottenham is probably an awful job to have. Commoli came out a couple of days ago and said that they have basically dismantled their scouting network and we know Levi never signs identified targets anyway because he refuses to offer any money. Mitchell would basically be a one man scouting team if what Commoli says is true (I acknowledge he may be quite biased).

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-tottenhams-scouting-network-joke-around-world-claims-comolli-141110123688

So Daniel Levy probably thinks we've got some supercomputer in our 'Black Box' that does all the work of our scouting department. He will attempt to lure Mitchell in get him to divulge the details on how to build the same system for himself and then fire/eject Mitchell from White Hart lane whilst laughing maniacally like a bond villain. Only then will he realise he can't operate the system and that actually skilled staff, infrastructure and team spirit are what results in success from top to bottom of the company.

Who would want to go and work for Levy, seriously. The Spurs fans despise him, he's practically a dead man walking and in 6 months when he's on his next manager and restructure he'd be out anyway

Hopefully Paul Mitchell is a clever man

Yep - As I posted on another thread, many "Levy Out" banners were confiscated at the turnstiles at Spuds on Sunday, and the round chorus of boo's at the final whistle was drowned out by gigawatt decibels of music from the PA system!

Levy is about as popular as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip on that side of North London at the moment.

As you say, hopefully Mitchell will see us as a far more attractive proposition.

Edited by Foxstone
spelling

Who would want to go and work for Levy, seriously. The Spurs fans despise him, he's practically a dead man walking and in 6 months when he's on his next manager and restructure he'd be out anyway

Hopefully Paul Mitchell is a clever man

Pochetino for one.

The bloke is a clown though, spurs should get shot of him.

This.

I too know of a number of people who took lower paid jobs rather than move.Too many variables to go into detail.

Can the other 90% of the ENIC shareholders not force a change?

The other 90% being Joe Lewis? Yes, he could, but they've worked together for the best part of 20 years, something would have to go massively tits-up for that to change, IMO. Lewis' only interest is the bottom line, and while Spurs continue to be financially sound, Levy will almost certainly have his full support.

The other 90% being Joe Lewis? Yes, he could, but they've worked together for the best part of 20 years, something would have to go massively tits-up for that to change, IMO. Lewis' only interest is the bottom line, and while Spurs continue to be financially sound, Levy will almost certainly have his full support.

Isn't Levy married to Lewis's daughter?

Why would he want to leave a state of the art facility at one of the top clubs to go to a midtable club and work from a garden shed in a field?

Looking at how their Champions' League qualification campaign is going I presume Spurs currently attempt recruitment using a dice, a coin, and a dartboard, so it might be an easier life...

Spurs fans would argue that things have gone massively tits up for a while. The last period of stability they had was under Redknapp, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme, reason or time for incoming managers. A few pundits this week have argued that many Spurs players, especially foreigners, think they've made it once they get to WHL and don't bother trying after they've got there. The ones that do try are offski the minute a bigger club comes calling with an offer that Levy can't refuse.

And that's where I'd agree with you a bit. As long as Levy has got a Modric or a Bale to flog for the highest possible price, he's got a future at Spurs.

Does he?

With Saints doing so well, the Media are competing with each other to see who can unsettle us. They just can't bear to see us doing well. At the same time, every time Spurs are being criticised by their supporters, all these stories raise their ugly heads as Levy calls his media friends to print rumors to appease their fan base.

Looks to me like Levy just trying to appease the clubs fans, Spurs fans are a miserable bunch of w@nkers. If he wanted our head of recruitment he could just give him a call, there's no need to go to the press and make it public.

It's only in the paper because it's international break and there is only so much you can write about a sh!te England team.