Sainsburys xmas ad

Batman

Is it? Don't watch broadcast TV. Probably why I think that the annual process of celebrating someone's corporate message is blooming sad.

F**k the content; I actually had a FB mate say Christmas can start because she's seen the f**king Coke advert.

Sheep pliable c**ts.

(sorry!)

Is it? Don't watch broadcast TV. Probably why I think that the annual process of celebrating someone's corporate message is blooming sad.

F**k the content; I actually had a FB mate say Christmas can start because she's seen the f**king Coke advert.

Sheep pliable c**ts.

(sorry!)

merry xmas to you, to

Sheep pliable c**ts.

(sorry!)

I'm with you on this dude. I'm not exactly the most anti-capitalist person going. But, this lauding of fückïng xmas ads winds me right up.

Get a grip you moronic sheeps. They are just trying to flog you stuff for xmas, a £95 stuff effing penguin at that.

The amount of crap on my Facebook feed fawning over John Lewis, Waitrose, Sainsbury's etc is vomit inducing.

Sorry, this rant has been bubbling up for the past few weeks.

I'm with you on this dude. I'm not exactly the most anti-capitalist person going. But, this lauding of fückïng xmas ads winds me right up.

Get a grip you moronic sheeps. They are just trying to flog you stuff for xmas, a £95 stuff effing penguin at that.

The amount of crap on my Facebook feed fawning over John Lewis, Waitrose, Sainsbury's etc is vomit inducing.

Sorry, this rant has been bubbling up for the past few weeks.

let me get this straight. adverts or no adverts, It makes no odds where I shop. I use sainsburys as it is the nearest very large supermarket and aldi and it is the most local

yet, you have facebook. one of the sheep

let me get this straight. adverts or no adverts, It makes no odds where I shop. I use sainsburys as it is the nearest very large supermarket and aldi and it is the most local

I remember going for a shít in the TESCO's cafe, Old Swan.

Someone had scrawled "Every little helps.... destroy local businesses" on the cubicle wall. The author would probably disagree with the "no odds" statement.

Even so, watching fully grown adults act as unpaid repeaters for corporate messages is f**king tragic. No-one's on here doing a recruitment drive for Facebook.

I remember going for a shít in the TESCO's cafe, Old Swan.

Someone had scrawled "Every little helps.... destroy local businesses" on the cubicle wall. The author would probably disagree with the "no odds" statement.

Even so, watching fully grown adults act as unpaid repeaters for corporate messages is f**king tragic. No-one's on here doing a recruitment drive for Facebook.

everytime you write the word facebook a hippy dies

facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook

facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook facebook

:scared:

Haha alright mate.

I don't really give a stuff where you or anyone shop. As I said, it's not as if I'm a massive anti-capitalist.

My problem is with people fawning over the effing adverts. And yeah, I do have Facebook. Couldn't do my job without it. Boring.

Haha alright mate.

I don't really give a stuff where you or anyone shop. As I said, it's not as if I'm a massive anti-capitalist.

My problem is with people fawning over the effing adverts. And yeah, I do have Facebook. Couldn't do my job without it. Boring.

Why would anyone have a problem with someone else appreciating a decent advert on the tv? It's a good ad, no surprise people have enjoyed this and the John Lewis one.

Why would anyone have a problem with someone else appreciating a decent advert on the tv? It's a good ad, no surprise people have enjoyed this and the John Lewis one.

Because some people are morally and intellectually superior to others and like to exhibit such traits on the internet at every available opportunity.

;)

I do hate the Xmas ads that use the myth of the perfect Christmas to promote their product. The ones with a perfect family sat round in a perfect house all stupidly ****ing happy and smily having the perfect time stuffing their faces with a perfect spread of food.

It's advertisers pushing myths like that which causes the suicide rate to jump up every Xmas IMO.

The ones with a perfect family sat round in a perfect house all stupidly ****ing happy and smily having the perfect time stuffing their faces with a perfect spread of food.

I must be very lucky then because every Xmas feels like that for me, minus the 'perfect' bit, and plus quite a lot of 1845 or similar ales. :)

I do hate the Xmas ads that use the myth of the perfect Christmas to promote their product. The ones with a perfect family sat round in a perfect house all stupidly ****ing happy and smily having the perfect time stuffing their faces with a perfect spread of food.

It's advertisers pushing myths like that which causes the suicide rate to jump up every Xmas IMO.

You know happiness sells and misery doesn't? If some ad guy came up with an alternative Eastenders dysfunctional family to sell he ain't going to be working long.

That's the spirit! The best Tiny Tim Cratchit impression I've read in ages.

Because some people are morally and intellectually superior to others and like to exhibit such traits on the internet at every available opportunity.

;)

Some? seems most of them post here, regularly. Spot on with your observations, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Some? seems most of them post here, regularly. Spot on with your observations, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Yeah, that's because you're morally and intellectually inferior.

Thanks for the setup, trousers. Cheque is on it's way, as per.

This winds me up to - it's a f*cking advert, not some kind of inspiring message. Sainsbury's are ultimately using the cause to get you to shop in their store, which I find a pretty cheap ploy. If you want to donate to the RBL, donate to them. Don't cut Saino into it because they've got an advert on.

I do agree with Batman (:scared:) on where I shop, adverts have almost zero influence on me because I shop on location. I live near a big Sainsburys and also a smaller Tesco store, as well as Aldi (10p to the poster who can guess where I live..) and I buy my food based on that, not because one of them is running a snazzy advert.

Just seen the Sainsburys ad and agree it's in bad taste. Just seems very cheap to use such a moment as a vehicle to promote a supermarket.

What will we have next, maybe Oskar Schindler handing out chocolates bars to a train load of Jews from Auschwitz - have a break, have a Kitkat?

Not at all sure what the Great War has to do with a supermarket? Nevertheless, good piece in the Guardian a few days ago saying although the ad is beautifully shot and produced, it was sanitised. No blood, guts or sh*t all over the place and thus was "selling" a lie. Personally I think any mention of Christmas should be banned until December.

Just seen the Sainsburys ad and agree it's in bad taste. Just seems very cheap to use such a moment as a vehicle to promote a supermarket.

What will we have next, maybe Oskar Schindler handing out chocolates bars to a train load of Jews from Auschwitz - have a break, have a Kitkat?

that is exactly it mate, where will it stop?

This advert s based on a true event, songs by The Farm (that was a good video, as well as song) and Paul Mc (****) have been done and those songs didn't mention Sainsburys!

Did the all go to Sainsburys after the match?

This advert must have cost millions but they pay their staff from the minimum wage, tsk....

I can't believe some of the miserable bastards on here. No advert will make me shop at one particular outlet. These adverts are works of art. How valuable they are is debatable, but to me it is all about how enjoyable I find something. I feel very sad for those who are so fixed in their views that they only see bad in everything.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I find it pretty ironic people having a mini meltdown over other people saying they like christmas ads.

Get the **** over it, Im not on facebook but surely to christ if you dont like what someone says, then ignore it, or unfollow or whatever. You expressing your opinion over someone elses opinion is as tragic as it is hypocritical tbh.

Some people like the ads, some dont, wow, welcome to the world.

What is society coming to anyway ? People conplaining to ofcom etc about their displeasure at an advert! Some people really need to reasses their life

I find it pretty ironic people having a mini meltdown over other people saying they like christmas ads.

Get the **** over it, Im not on facebook but surely to christ if you dont like what someone says, then ignore it, or unfollow or whatever. You expressing your opinion over someone elses opinion is as tragic as it is hypocritical tbh.

Some people like the ads, some dont, wow, welcome to the world.

What is society coming to anyway ? People conplaining to ofcom etc about their displeasure at an advert! Some people really need to reasses their life

Jesus wept, I was dicking about.

I just find it utterly odd people fawning over Xmas ads. It was a bit of venting to a group of people I'm largely anonymous to.

Wasn't aware people had reported the ads, think that is a bit far. But I do think the sainsburys ad is pretty distasteful.

Gotta love the meta irony though, people moaning at people moaning.

Finally, ads don't influence people? If that were true why on earth would it be an industry worth billions? Of course ads influence people.

Not all of this is directed at you btw SS.

Of course ads influence people, Im not going to sit here and say that Ive never been influenced by an advert as realistically, whether it be subconcious or active influence, I have.

That said, supermarket wise, I shop based on where I live, I used to live in Sholing, so I shoped at Tesco (i quite like tesco), now Im back in Fair oak I shop in the tesco petrol station and Sainsburys. The xmas ads are ok, Im not overly bothered by them. To me it seems a massive waste of cash for what in all likelyhood doesnt make a lot of difference to sales (if we are using saintsweb as the demographic.. I know pap, I know..)

The complaining to the regulator I just find, as I said, tragic. Some people just seem to want to make decisions for other people as evidenced in the Brand/ross case. If people dont like it, dont watch it.

The complaining to the regulator I just find, as I said, tragic. Some people just seem to want to make decisions for other people as evidenced in the Brand/ross case. If people dont like it, dont watch it.

As I said, not all of that was directed at you.

On this quoted part, I do actually agree. I think the sainsburys ad is distasteful, but I wouldn't complain (officially I mean, a not all that serious half rant on saintsweb is different obvs :) ) or report it. I do get why it would upset some though.

great advert

but people have complained to the Standards Authority about using 'war' to promote their sales

:uhoh:

Sainsbury's would never have done this campaign/fundraiser if they weren't going to make money out of it themselves. The big supermarkets care about 2 things and 2 things only. Money and how to make more money.

I'm not particularly bothered by this ad either way as I thought it showed more what's wrong with the world today than any tribute to WW1. It was the bit where they showed the shot of the 'battlefield' with the Sainsbury's logo plastered on top that summed it up for me.

Their blatantly using the WW1 centenary to get themselves over with the Christmas shoppers and boost their profits but that's the world we live in. In one sense it's a advertising masterstroke.

great advert

but people have complained to the Standards Authority about using 'war' to promote their sales

:uhoh:

Having now seen the advert frankly I can see why. I lost both grandfathers as a result of a war that was an all time low, even for the human race. I find it distasteful

that it is being used to sell Sainsburys to us over Christmas. Nothing like a good war to get us in the Christmas spirit! Apparently some of the soldiers who stood up on the parapets on Christmas Day were shot but it would have spoiled the ad a tad if they had shown the truth I suppose.

Having now seen the advert frankly I can see why. I lost both grandfathers as a result of a war that was an all time low, even for the human race. I find it distasteful that it is being used to sell Sainsburys to us over Christmas.

It's all about different opinions at the end of the day. I doubt the Royal British Legion would be endorsing it on their website (for example) if a significant number of their members found it "distasteful", regardless of how much money they stand to receive from it. As with most things of this ilk, there's no right or wrong, just different opinions.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance/christmas-truce

Edited by trousers

I find most TV ads patronising, puerile and generally annoying. A very few are genuinely creative and amusing but they are a small minority.

I'm recording more programmes now rather than watching them live, so that I can whizz through the adverts. This shows up how much time the adverts take up. One of the worst is "The Walking Dead" which is barely more than 35 minutes of actual programme.

The cable/satellite channels can have 3 x 5 minute breaks in a 1 hour slot. I believe that ITV and C4 are limited in how many ads that they show. Pity it doesn't apply to all of them.

Sheep pliable c**ts.

(sorry!)

Yo must be an asolute hoot t Dinner Parties.....