International week

Batman

Now I prefer these England v home nation games, more than World Cup qualifiers!

I think we should try a shoehorn in a home nations tournament in between World Cup and Euro championship years.

England

Northern Ireland

Rep Ireland

Scotland

Wales

Play every team once and the team who are top win. Like the ruggers!

Or if there is enough time have a final between the top 2.

Could have it done and dusted in 10-14 days!

Now I prefer these England v home nation games, more than World Cup qualifiers!

I think we should try a shoehorn in a home nations tournament in between World Cup and Euro championship years.

England

Northern Ireland

Rep Ireland

Scotland

Wales

Play every team once and the team who are top win. Like the ruggers!

Or if there is enough time have a final between the top 2.

Could have it done and dusted in 10-14 days!

I agree this is much more interesting than the average friendly. Would be a good opportunity to play the same teams consistently and would inky help the teams involved.

Clyne to Ox, Ox inside under pressure, receiving player loses ball. Happened 4 or 5 times. Clyne isn't going for the overlap and attacks are breaking down on his side. He also hasn't gone to the by-line when forward. Bit frustrating.

England just don't have the intelligence of Morgan and Tadic to make that space for him.

Enjoyed that more than the anodyne qualifiers. Always nice to beat Bonnie Scotland even if they are cr@p. Sensible change of tactics second half to press them high up the pitch. They play the right way but they're not grat on the ball and have no out ball nor anyone to hold it up, so fair play to Hodgson, or was it Neville. Still miss Lallana and Lambert from our side.

Now let's hope they all travel back to Southampton fit and ready to go!

I enjoyed that England game for a change, high tempo and a bit of grit in it. Good performance.

We can now claim that we have the England right back in our team. He won't lose that spot in a hurry.

Makes you wonder what the real reason Hodgson was at St. Mary's so much for last season. England winning the ball so high up the pitch and pressing as a team very similar to Saints, full backs in the opposition half for most of the game too!

Very good England show, the mark of Southampton all over it with current and ex Saints, don't know who'll be more p*ssed off, the jocks or the skates?

Clyne played really well and I'm certain he'll be in the right back position for England for many years to come. These are the games that have been missing and have seen the home countries level of football drop. They have to bring them back for the sake of British football.

On the sad note my heart bleeds seeing Rickie a shadow of the player he was 6 months ago. Biggest mistake in his career going back to Liverpool. On reflection his decision to move must have been forced upon him by Cortese and Pochettino.

Clyne played really well and I'm certain he'll be in the right back position for England for many years to come. These are the games that have been missing and have seen the home countries level of football drop. They have to bring them back for the sake of British football.

On the sad note my heart bleeds seeing Rickie a shadow of the player he was 6 months ago. Biggest mistake in his career going back to Liverpool. On reflection his decision to move must have been forced upon him by Cortese and Pochettino.

Eh? He was only on for 10 mins and was involved in 3rd goal, didn't look too bad to me. And how do you work out he was forced to move by Cortese and Poch when both had left the club? :?

Eh? He was only on for 10 mins and was involved in 3rd goal, didn't look too bad to me. And how do you work out he was forced to move by Cortese and Poch when both had left the club? :?

Have you forgotten Cortese being present when the club was pressurising a move to West Ham for Rickie. Even then he knew he wasn't in Pochettino's long term plans. In a recent interview he mentioned he might not have left had he realised the club had ambition. How did he get that impression? From Pochettino as he left the club.

4 players with a Saints past/present start for England and another 4 on the bench. Sadly only 2 remaining but they are the ones who figured for the whole 90 minutes. What a journey it's been. What a lot the club has to be proud of. At the start of the second half, 5 players were in our first XI this year or last. What a great advert for the club and its approach to bringing on players. You'd think we were talking about one of the big 4.

Have you forgotten Cortese being present when the club was pressurising a move to West Ham for Rickie. Even then he knew he wasn't in Pochettino's long term plans. In a recent interview he mentioned he might not have left had he realised the club had ambition. How did he get that impression? From Pochettino as he left the club.

I'm sure we had to twist his arm to get him to go :rolleyes:

That's the best I've seen England play in ages :)

Also the most I've enjoyed an England game in ages :D