Fraser Forster

Kaiser Soze

Not trying to put a downer on things, but anyone else not convinced?

Should have done better with the first today, was all over the place at Spurs, cost us at Villa and to be honest can't remember a top draw save he's made all season. Not saying he's a bad keeper, but with the money we spent I'd expect more.

Defensively (aside from today) we've been solid and he's had a lot of protection, can't help but think it's papered the cracks a bit.

Only issue I have with him is comming off his line, he did it again today but made up for it with a great save, Do not see him as a upgrade yet, but see it as buying someone younger and English, to help with our philosophy and give us more years Boruc only had one more season in him IMO.

If only Niemi was 10 years younger.

Give over. He had no chance with any of the goals today. The first took at least one deflection and ended up right in the bottom corner.

Can't that he is better than Boruc at all...

He was at fault for the Villa and almost made the same mistake again today...

He needs to be out nearer the edge of his area when the ball is up the other end and not stood on his blinking goaline so he has to run miles to get to a ball played over the top...

Can't believe our goalkeeping coaches haven't sorted that out after Villa. Makes me wonder what they do all week..,

If he'd have come out and got it wrong he'd have been off. And let's be happy honest, the form Aguaro is in Frazer did well to get a hand to it let alone knock it away.

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't come out and get it wrong. We had already lost the game, last thing we needed was having him suspended and having one of our League Two backups in goal for 3 games.

At fault on Monday for a goal, not at fault today.

Grow some manners too.

He has previous, never wrong this lad

If Im honest Im unconvinced, does have issues coming off his line but ultimately not at fault for anything tonight, realistically one of our 3 CMs should have picked up toure, its madness that they were all in the box which ultimately reduced his view.

We have been defensively so sound he hasnt had a lot to do, seen him make some v good saves, then there was monday. Not ready to write him off by any means

I spent the last year or two raving about the guy when he was at Celtic and was over the moon when we signed him in the summer. But he's been average at best for us, there's no two ways about it.

Only 26 though and there's no real pressure on us to succeed right now, so hopefully a year or two of Premier League experience will round out his attributes a bit more.

Don't think much of him. Reason he's done well is cause the defence means he hasn't got to do anything much. I'm not saying he's bad, but I do think that when he's called on to do things over and above what a competent keeper would do (e.g. like Shilton would - i.e. earn you points) he's not up to it. To earn plaudits as a keeper you have to make saves you're not 'expected' to.

He made errors of judgement during Monday's game and today when he should have been more decisive on whether to go for the ball or stay back. I'm not convinced by him.

Thing is though, on Monday he came steaming out and cost us a goal. Yesterday he decided against it and saved an almost certain goal. We can't really complain that he learnt from his mistake.

Bring back Boruc......The Saints Goalkeeping position is the easiest job in the Premier league and 80% of the time that Forster has been asked to earn his wages he's failed miserably....The boy's not ready for the Premier League and I'm not so sure he ever will be....But hey, his face fits with the current regime so everything will be just fine and dandy

Bring back Boruc......The Saints Goalkeeping position is the easiest job in the Premier league and 80% of the time that Forster has been asked to earn his wages he's failed miserably....The boy's not ready for the Premier League and I'm not so sure he ever will be....But hey, his face fits with the current regime so everything will be just fine and dandy

Have you ever said anything positive about Saints?

Thought FF made 2 great saves today.

Boruc is yesterday's man.

Get over it.

I'm another one in the Boruc camp, FF just doesn't fill me with as much confidence.

In a funny way I wonder if playing behind our defence is doing him no favours as up to yesterday he hadn't had a really good work out.

He's got the physical attributes, I'd just like to see a bit more self confidence, arrogance even. Artur has the mental edge on him IMO.

I'm another one in the Boruc camp, FF just doesn't fill me with as much confidence.

In a funny way I wonder if playing behind our defence is doing him no favours as up to yesterday he hadn't had a really good work out.

He's got the physical attributes, I'd just like to see a bit more self confidence, arrogance even. Artur has the mental edge on him IMO.

I agree about the confidence bit - he seems a bit shy, but so did many others. We could speculate about what it's like growing up being super tall...

However, need to remember his kicking is way better than Boruc's, and with the amount of times we gave the ball away in midfield, it would have been excruciating to have conceded possession every third kick!

Only issue I have with him is comming off his line, he did it again today but made up for it with a great save,

Do not see him as a upgrade yet, but see it as buying someone younger and English, to help with our philosophy and give us more years Boruc only had one more season in him IMO.

If only Niemi was 10 years younger.

My input on the " goalie question " has always been the same. Young (er) keepers take a long time to develop. Joe Hart is (argueably) England's best -but no-one has suggested he's the finished article.

Some of the best keepers I've seen in over 50 years watching football....have been those with real experience, and in the age range 32-36. Many will remember Shilton playing a World Cup at aged 40.

I think Forster has a lot of potential, but moving from SPL to EPL is a very big ask, and he still has a lot to learn.

No-one can argue he's has height and weight in his favour, but he's not acrobatic enough....(as we recall Niemi was ....and Boruc can be ...on a good day), and is a bit weak on ground shots.

IMO ....we could do worse than sign Boruc for another 2 years.

Thing is though' date=' on Monday he came steaming out and cost us a goal. Yesterday he decided against it and saved an almost certain goal. We can't really complain that he learnt from his mistake.[/quote']

The way that I see it is that on Monday he should either have stayed back or gone more quickly and did neither. Yesterday he should have gone more quickly, as he would have been first to the ball. An error of judgement both times IMO.

Can you enlighten us how you arrive at this figure of 80%?

I'd be interested to see the data behind it.

There are some proper obvious WUMS on this forum, always looking for an opportunity to berate and criticise - no matter where we are or what position we're in. The oddballs never post during any of our successful runs either.

They must try harder as their acts are so transparent.

The way that I see it is that on Monday he should either have stayed back or gone more quickly and did neither. Yesterday he should have gone more quickly, as he would have been first to the ball. An error of judgement both times IMO.

The first time might have been an error but you can't say that he got it wrong yesterday. He prevented a goal, what more could you want?

He learnt from his mistake. He came out slightly in order to narrow the angle, but he didn't rush out because that would have been a silly idea. So he shouldn't have gone more quickly, he should have done exactly what he did - which was to hold his ground, narrow the angle and save. And he did all of those, therefore he made a terrific decision and a good save.

Why are people even calling that a mistake or an error of judgement? Seriously, what does this guy have to do to win over some people? Best defence in the league, yet apparently it's nothing to do with him. I think he deserves credit.

And this unhealthy lover affair some people have with a wacky, injured Pole is a bit odd. Fraser is a better keeper.

He learnt from his mistake. He came out slightly in order to narrow the angle, but he didn't rush out because that would have been a silly idea. So he shouldn't have gone more quickly, he should have done exactly what he did - which was to hold his ground, narrow the angle and save. And he did all of those, therefore he made a terrific decision and a good save.

Why are people even calling that a mistake or an error of judgement? Seriously, what does this guy have to do to win over some people? Best defence in the league, yet apparently it's nothing to do with him. I think he deserves credit.

Exactly. People make their mind up about someone and then look to blame him for everything. I think he is a decent keeper and I'm glad he's in goal in place of the occasionally brilliant but erratic and injury prone boruc.

Can't that he is better than Boruc at all...

He was at fault for the Villa and almost made the same mistake again today...

He needs to be out nearer the edge of his area when the ball is up the other end and not stood on his blinking goaline so he has to run miles to get to a ball played over the top...

Can't believe our goalkeeping coaches haven't sorted that out after Villa. Makes me wonder what they do all week..,

He didn't make the same mistake though did he, after realising he wouldn't make it he got himself in position and made a great save. So maybe his spent part of the week with the goal keeping coaches analysing the Villa mistake. A goal keeper shouldn't be acting like a sweeper that's the defences roll. If he did play in a more advanced roll would you promise not to moan if he was lobbed.

Yes but he should have been out beforehand. Just as his judgement was wrong against Villa so was he in this instance but got lucky

Should have been out beforehand? Where should he have been? In midfield to anticipate Aguero getting through and in behind the 2 CB's?

He didn't make any error of judgement, because he made a save. He didn't get lucky, because his 'judgement' enabled him to make the save.

Jesus wept.

We were going to get relegated according to many on this thread in the summer. Seems that they are only happy if they can find someone or something to moan about. Up until yesterday we had only conceded 6 goals all season. We are 3rd. We were beaten by a team that has just beaten Bayern Munich. It wasn't down to Forster. Be thankful that we have a team that is up the top of the league and not fighting relegation.

Should have been out beforehand? Where should he have been? In midfield to anticipate Aguero getting through and in behind the 2 CB's?

He didn't make any error of judgement, because he made a save. He didn't get lucky, because his 'judgement' enabled him to make the save.

Jesus wept.

I'm with you on this.

Why is anyone having a go at Forster? Nobody could possibly argue that a different goalkeeper would have made any difference yesterday.