Too early for a United thread?

simo

Notice they've got Rojo back now, so they're not looking too bad at the back.

Their defence tonight vs Stoke City is...

Valencia Smalling Rojo Young

...that wouldn't fill me will confidence.

Two wingers shoehorned to play fullback plus Chris Smalling who is out of his depth at Man Utd. If Smalling was at a mid table club I'd doubt he'd get remotely near the England squad, he is a disaster waiting to happen in every game as he is very limited technically.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Two wingers shoehorned to play fullback plus Chris Smalling who is out of his depth at Man Utd. If Smalling was at a mid table club I'd doubt he'd get remotely near the England squad, he is a disaster waiting to happen in every game as he is very limited technically.

To be fair, Valencia is pretty much a wing back these days anyway, SAF played him at RB a few times.

Young I give you, horrific footballer played out of position. His pace will get him out of trouble though.

To be fair, Valencia is pretty much a wing back these days anyway, SAF played him at RB a few times.

Young I give you, horrific footballer played out of position. His pace will get him out of trouble though.

I'd rather have...

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

over...

Its not really even a contest as to which is better defensively and actually offensively as Valencia and Young aren't even particularly great going forward compared to Clyne and Bertrand.

Watch all these players now have the game of their lives on Monday Night.

Di Maria is out.

Blind is out

Shaw is out

Rafeal is out

Phil Jones is out

Rooney could well be out

I really fancy this one

This has always been the game I've fancied of the 3. They're on a good run, but I may regret saying this, but I don't see them as a team who can go 5/6/7 wins on the bounce as yet, they're still growing and they're full of injuries....and as they won their 4th on the bounce last night, it makes you wonder if we can halt it on Monday...it'll be good to put a bit of daylight between ourselves and Utd again, as they're on our tail a bit.

By all accounts, Stoke should have drawn last night, they didn't play particularly well at all....so although results have improved, I don't think their form in particular has.

Reed must start if the injuries to Cork, Toby and Morgan remain. Also give Gardos a chance at CB. Never confident with Yoshida playing.

Utd are getting a lot of media hype but were lucky against Arsenal and nearly threw it away against Stoke. The easiest of these hard games IMO. Don't believe the hype.

Need to be more urgent in attack but squad depth is paying in dividends. Give some youngsters a chance.

1-1 for me.

No Schneiderlin, Cork or Toby, we'll struggle here. I'm going for a 0-2 unfortunately.

Mind you with the way our front men are playing we'll be lucky to score zero. It took the other sides black box departments about 10 games to suss them out, good while it lasted though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Looking back I wish we'd played the reserves against Man City and the Arse, lost anyway and now be ready to face Man Ure with a fully fit first team. But that would be rather defeatist and who knows, if things had gone differently we could be 6 points better off by now - lovely thing hindsight

Looking back I wish we'd played the reserves against Man City and the Arse, lost anyway and now be ready to face Man Ure with a fully fit first team. But that would be rather defeatist and who knows, if things had gone differently we could be 6 points better off by now - lovely thing hindsight

What and have people going on about not trying to win every game and harping on for ever about Sunderland in the FA Cup last season. We have overtaxed our quality players, probably not being aided by having an entire first team of internationals with endless international breaks and different training systems. We have a team,a very good one but we don't have a homogenous squad and probably never will have, never mind we've 40 or 50 million in the bank that we can harp on about from time to time. Trouble is money in the bank is useless when you can't afford (under FFP) to pay the players that you could buy with it.

Koeman: Cork out for at least 6 weeks (ankle ligaments). Morgan is "doing well" but is not fit for Monday. Toby hasn't got a hamstring injury but is still a doubt for Monday. Tadic is OK. JWP will be back in full training at the end of next week.

Edited by trousers
updated the quote on Morgan

I suspect Morgan is badly injured but they don't want to disclose it to damage morale.

Good(ish) news about Toby hope he makes United. If he doesn't who plays?

I can't believe we've had so many injuries in such a short period. Literally identical to last year.

Tough to name a side for this one. I'd assume we either play Reed or resort to that formation we played against Villa.

So:

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshida

Bertrand

Reed

Wanyama

Davis

Tadic

Pelle

Long

or like Villa with the Reed out the team above and Mané in.

FWIW I'd go for the latter. United's defence is suspect and I'd attack the crap out of it at home, with Wanyama as the brick ****house protecting our defence. Oh, and I've picked Yoshida above Gardos as that's the substitution Koeman has gone with lately.

Gutted for Cork, bit suspect about Morgan. Hope this isn't going to be another one of those injuries that's quite bad, but the club keep under wraps! Sounds good on Toby and Tadic at least....luckily midfield is our strongest area!

May be wrong but I thought Morgan sat in the dugout during the 2nd half of the City game. Surely he'd have been getting medical treatment in the dressing room if the injury was serious? He was also on the Saints advent calendar wrapping presents (badly I might add) and certainly didn't appear to be hobbling about. FWIW I think he may have returned to early from the injury he got whilst away with France. It may not have healed properly and now it's flared up again.