Too early for a United thread?

simo

Stupid woman sports presenter on BBC Breakfast reported that WHU have gone 3rd, but United can overtake them with a win tonight. No mention of Saints, who can do the same with just a draw. Blatant media love-in for the 'big' clubs.

Yep saw that, all part of the love-in broadcast live from the Man City Campus. Hate the big cheese fest too

Stupid woman sports presenter on BBC Breakfast reported that WHU have gone 3rd, but United can overtake them with a win tonight. No mention of Saints, who can do the same with just a draw. Blatant media love-in for the 'big' clubs.

It is impossible for WHU to be third after the Saints/Man U game, whatever the result. Might have been too complicated for the BBC researchers to work out or as Badger says, for the media, the only interest is in teams from three cities - London, Manchester and Liverpool.

I imagine that everyone on this forum knows that if:- Saints win, Saints go 3rd by 2 points; Man U win, Man U go 3rd by 1 point; Draw, Saints go third on GD.

Got £40 on a United win.

Yep. Hate to say it but also got a bet on Utd to win. If Saints win, i go away from St Mary's happy as larry, although a lot skinter than I am now, a draw would be a good result, and I don't win/lose any money. United win, and I go away from St Mary's gutted, but with my Christmas paid for.

I'll be more than happy to be skint tonight.

No doubt we'll respond with a few rousing renditions of gems like "we support our local team" (sung with gusto by people travelling up from Dorset) and "do you come from Manchester" (which the answer is invariably "yes" when it comes to their away support).

Seriously I hope we are up for it tonight, night game under the floodlights against the Mancs should be a cracking atmosphere!

Really? Then why are their coaches outside the ground from such diverse suburbs of Manchester as Milton Keynes, Taunton, Haywards Heath, Margate, etc?

Give Manchester City their due; all of their away coaches came from Manchester proper or near enough, when they were here the other week.

Really? Then why are their coaches outside the ground from such diverse suburbs of Manchester as Milton Keynes, Taunton, Haywards Heath, Margate, etc?

Give Manchester City their due; all of their away coaches came from Manchester proper or near enough, when they were here the other week.

lol exactly, jackanory is talking out of his arse, I don't kow a united fan from manchester who is going to the game. In contrast I know 2 in london, 1 in bristol, 1 in glocustershire, and 1 in southampton.

On the plus side guys, we will absolutley go for them just due to Koeman.

He will want to beat LVG more than anyone else in football I imagine.

Add to that the fact that the pressure is off us due to all the injuries, and the fact that the team will have a point to prove after city and especially arsenal. I think we will batter united stats wise tbh; comfortable game with the score to flatter the mancs some degree...

We need some positivity on here.

3-1

Thir Coach is from Chile, assistant from Argentina. Only one Coach from Manchester proper, which is Kidd, Brian.

We got to 2nd/3rd on the basis of form against teams likely to finish 6th-20th. A similar run after these tricky fixtures would keep us right in the mix. I think it's absolutely correct to say that this - for the fans if not the squad - is the sort of game that can be taken as a 'bonus'.

Is nobody else thinking it has to be a United win tonight, based on the fact there is normally at least one away win the Premiership fixtures and there hasn't been any so far :?

I'll explain statistics to you some time. Away win is no more likely because of earlier results.

lol exactly, jackanory is talking out of his arse, I don't kow a united fan from manchester who is going to the game. In contrast I know 2 in london, 1 in bristol, 1 in glocustershire, and 1 in southampton.

Their away support is immense. Like someone else said, helps that they win a great deal. But even so, arsenal and chelsea fans (on their travels) are not even close to the united away support

They used to have great away support. It's now very much "sing when you're winning" which is a shame. Still better than most, but nowhere near what it once was

Bizarrely their home support was much better last season, probably because the majority realised the early season abuse of Moyes was an embarrassment and needed to be drowned out

I'm going for 6-3 Saints. Long to get all six.

Lest we forget:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/545039/Southampton-Manchester-United-Ronald-Koeman-St-Mary-s-Louis-Van-Gaal

Southampton TAUNT Man Utd with 6-3 video ahead of clash at St Mary's

SOUTHAMPTON have ramped up their game with Manchester United tonight - by posting a video of their 6-3 win over United in 1996.

Well, that's United's team talk sorted then....

Edited by trousers

Toby playing would be a massive boost, regardless of whether its in midfield or (preferably) at the back.

If he is fit would rather see him at CB, although I suppose you can argue better to play Yoshida there than disrupt the defence if Toby can't last 90.

In any case, think it's time Reed was given a big chance. He's more defensive than Morgan or Jack do would be interesting giving Wanyama licence to get forward more until we're a couple up, then he can help park the bus ;))

I see some of the media are preparing excuses for an eventual MU defeat,:blush: by citing all their injuries, but let's face it with their wealth /squad size they ought to be good enough to match us.

Van Gaal will need to make sure they leave " their grey shirts " back home at Old Trafford.:lol: ...of course, even with our forced substitutions we can still beat them. I'll go for a narrow win.

Is nobody else thinking it has to be a United win tonight, based on the fact there is normally at least one away win the Premiership fixtures and there hasn't been any so far :?

I'll explain statistics to you some time. Away win is no more likely because of earlier results.

I think I will be proved right, with my away win theory.

Even if United win tonight that doesn't mean you were right. No away wins in other Premier League games this weekend is completely irrelevant to what happens at St Mary's tonight.

I tip Van Persie to shine tonight despite his poor form. His hat trick against us in the season after promotion was gutting when we should've got something out the game. Wanyama is our key player tonight to counteract United ' s attack. He doesn't need an early yellow.

Lunched in Oxford Street today

Mrs Koeman in restaurant with seven of her family/friends so our Dutch supporter contingent will be significant tonight.

Mrs K continually on phone. Think she may have been trying to check out team for tonight.

Gok Wan also popped in.

Think he may be designing next years kit or perhaps looking for a slot on the bench between Panto appearances!!

Some seriously drunk arrogant Manure "fans" in town. Lots of baiting in The Standing Order. Bloke giving it large with "when we're playing no-one goes to watch the other team". Arseole.

Dont blame them for being drunk already; they will need to be, as they will confuse which team is playing like they used to ;)