January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

if anyone can get Noble playing the sort of football he was taught in the West Ham Academy, and not Sam's hoofball, then Ronald can.

Keep this Ronald stuff going and someone maybe might laugh eventually. But probably not because its tiresome and makes you look like a Trevor with a Tuna Melt dangling off your face.

Keep this Ronald stuff going and someone maybe might laugh eventually. But probably not because its tiresome and makes you look like a Trevor with a Tuna Melt dangling off your face.

Wow, strong stuff. I've literally just sh*t my pants.

If anyone can stop you being such a knobhead, Ronald can.

Wow, strong stuff. I've literally just sh*t my pants.

If anyone can stop you being such a knobhead, Ronald can.

Only one knobhead here Trevor. Even Ronald wouldn't be able to make you the slightest bit funny.

Best to give the 'joke' up at this stage Meltboy.

Trevor? Meltboy? Not sure I understand. Did you get those ones from your mates at school?

You probably like 'not' jokes as well Garrett!

Really good sense of humour you have, please keep it up.

That Ronald stuff is comedy gold and it comes so effortlessly to you. I like how versatile you are with it.

You probably choked chukling yourself to sleep when you thought of it, hoping that some of the Forum big hitters might finally notice you.

I'm sure they have and I am sure they have been....impressed. LOL.

You probably like 'not' jokes as well Garrett!

Really good sense of humour you have, please keep it up.

That Ronald stuff is comedy gold and it comes so effortlessly to you. I like how versatile you are with it.

You probably choked chukling yourself to sleep when you thought of it, hoping that some of the Forum big hitters might finally notice you.

I'm sure they have and I am sure they have been....impressed. LOL.

Yes, my sole purpose for posting on here is to get some sort of recognition from Forum big hitters. I am in awe of them.

If anyone can help me achieve this, Ronald can.

Mane or Elia play up front. Then maybe Gallagher or Rodriguez.

I don't know why or how people continually think clubs can easily sign great strikers in January.

We're not really going to sign "great strikers" ever, January or July.

They might become great while they are with us (Like Lambert - although in fairness he was a great striker at the level we were at, he says arguing with his own point, but we were the big dogs then, we're not now). But J-Rod, Mane, Pelle, Mayuka, Osvaldo, Tanadari Lee - all gambles to an extent. As will the next one be.

The strikers we sign will only prove themselves to be great once we have them.

It's not looking likely Ronald is going for a striker this month but he's full of surprises.

If anyone can surprise us, Ronald can.

Edited by CB Fry

• 1 month later...
Got a feeling it will another loan with a option to buy and a sneeky feeling it will be Bas Dost. He is out of favour at Wolfsburg and Koeman will know him from his time in the dutch league where he was prolific. He also fits the profile of the centre forward we need being 6.4 and trying to kick start his career again and at the same time being direct competition with Pelle for that target man role.

I agreed this would have been a good move back in January and with our goalscoring record since December I keep wondering what could have been if Dost had been scoring those goals for us and not Wolfsburg...

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would brain dump some random names out there to get this discussion back up on who could do the job for us this summer, gone for a slightly better type of player due to the fact there are only so may spots on the big teams and lots of quality players out there and we are compared to most european teams rich.

Any thoughts on Georginio Wijnaldum - 24 - (PSG were sniffing around in jan) but scored 15 goals from attacking midfield position (something JWP and Steve D can't manage between them) so far this season for the all conquering PSV , probably a reach given the names in the hat but then again Toby was also a reach.

Or go back to the rumour of last summer and look to get Younès Belhanda - Dynamo Kiev, think we really do need someone who has positional discipline but can play a pass but also score.

Additional we really need a killer striker (as opposed to Pelle and 2nd position strikers) and one who currently is and is in the national team is Luiz Adriano who plays for Shaktar Donestk who maybe looking to leave for obvious reasons, 27yrs old, he has scored 14 goals in 22 games and has a career record of 122 goals in 250 apps which is pretty decent considering most of his career has been at shaktar.

Am sure there are plenty of random names out there but I think our performances this year combined with Ronald will really put our visibility above anything we have ever experienced before and the quality we could attract.

Obviously caveats apply if we qualify for champions league then we will be as attractive as a kebab to a **** head.

What other names could be out there under the radar ?

Edited by Convict Colony

Everyones apparantly going to utd

Think UTD have too many attacking left sided midfielders as it is, I know Van Gaal likes to be top heavy with his team but they really need some proper central defenders.

Thought about Depay as he is best mates with Elia but I think we have too many left sided players as well.

I think that could all be done for not much beyond the income from Morgan and Clyne.

I'd go with that. throw in Toby and Vilhenna (for some reason, this looks like it is on)

that is another 7 players..........I just cannot see us signing 7 players.

I'd go with that. throw in Toby and Vilhenna (for some reason, this looks like it is on)

that is another 7 players..........I just cannot see us signing 7 players.

But Elia and Alderweireld are already playing for us and the keeper situation is a bit of an exceptional occurance and falls outside normal transfer planning.

But Elia and Alderweireld are already playing for us and the keeper situation is a bit of an exceptional occurance and falls outside normal transfer planning.

but for them to play for us again, we would have to buy them...I just can't see us buying 7-8 players this summer...that would be similar amount to this season...and that was after a complete schit storm

but for them to play for us again, we would have to buy them...I just can't see us buying 7-8 players this summer...that would be similar amount to this season...and that was after a complete schit storm

I can if we make Europe. We'd need the extra players.

Buying 7 players, having lost 6 players by your maths? That's the same as last year.

Fair enough. On the assumption that Schneiderlin and Clyne are sold, what can you see us signing?

A RB, CMx2 and a CB. Keeper if it seems FF will be out as long as feared come the window. If we need to buy a keeper, a CM to get the bump.. Maybe, Elia if the price is nice and cheap

The rest to be made up from the academy....that is what we are supposed to be about

A RB, CMx2 and a CB. Keeper if it seems FF will be out as long as feared come the window. If we need to buy a keeper, a CM to get the bump.. Maybe, Elia if the price is nice and cheap

The rest to be made up from the academy....that is what we are supposed to be about

Fine when they're fringe players, however if we're in the Europa league next season, we're going to need a lot deeper squad, or we could be flirting with relegation.

Right, so 5 players versus 7. I reckon we'll sign Elia/Djuricic or an.other forward option.

If no players were to leave this summer (which seems highley unlikely) I reckon we would still sign another RB as are bid in the summer for Sam Byram was turned down, Back up Gk or one that would challange FF before he got injuried(was linked to Neto the Brazil goalkeeper who is a free agent in the summer a few months back), CM to replace Cork which looks likely to be Tonny Vilhena and Poacher centre forward have no clues but have been linked with a fair few the last few months.

Whilst also signing Toby and Elia/Djuricic making it six.

If Clyne and Morgan were to leave we would also have to replace them both.

I'd like us to get in at least one attacking midfielder who scores goals. Steven Davis is a good player but 0 goals this season is poor. JWP seems to be playing in an AM role now but isn't scoring either. I thought Djuricic might be the answer but his lack of game time since signing suggests he hasn't convinced Koeman yet.