Nathaniel Clyne Speculation

Batman

Will always be difficult to keep hold of England's first choice right back but that must make him a 20-30m player so we will have money to replace him and hopefully we have a decent one in mind or the youth team!

Loosing our best players is always a risk so there is no point obsessing over it, enjoy them while they are here and clap them when they return Clyne has certainly served his time with us so I wouldn't begrudged him a move Man Utd on mega bucks.

You are like a black cloud hanging over this forum these days; every opportunity to flag up potential negativity and bang - in flies Batman. Quite depressing really given our position in the league.

This. As far as I am aware he is still a Southampton player and hasn't gone anywhere.

Will always be difficult to keep hold of England's first choice right back but that must make him a 20-30m player so we will have money to replace him and hopefully we have a decent one in mind or the youth team!

Loosing our best players is always a risk so there is no point obsessing over it, enjoy them while they are here and clap them when they return Clyne has certainly served his time with us so I wouldn't begrudged him a move Man Utd on mega bucks.

As fans we need to change this attitude of 'he deserves to go to a bigger club' and 'we shouldn't begrudge him his move'. Yes Clyne has played well for us and we know that the players will always want to move and most likely get that move and who can blame then when they can triple their wages. But as a fan what the hell is 'he's served his time with us' supposed to mean, we're not here to groom players for the big clubs, we're supposed to have our own ambitions that don't involve losing our best players every season, I know we can't do anything about it and the club know that and will act accordinigly but surely we shouldn't just accept it like some cuckolded husband. I for one won't be applauding any player who comes back to play against the club, we need to stop acting little old Southampton grateful that these players once played for us.

This is a dig at you so apologies if it comes across that way.

You are like a black cloud hanging over this forum these days; every opportunity to flag up potential negativity and bang - in flies Batman. Quite depressing really given our position in the league.

He wears a futility belt these days. Dark times.

No actual link at all in the story, just a regurgitation of the question from the Presser. Poor from them and you

I'm using my phone out and about. Look on the BBC site gossip

Page which has a link from the observer

Sorry if posting a snippet from the BBC is such dark news for you

Maybe have a chat with them about their impartiality of it all. Damn them

I'm using my phone out and about. Look on the BBC site gossip

Page which has a link from the observer

Sorry if posting a snippet from the BBC is such dark news for you

Maybe have a chat with them about their impartiality of it all. Damn them

I have done. If your phone can access the bbc site then you can check link and the read the "story". Probably good practice before posting your dramatic thread

I have done. If your phone can access the bbc site then you can check link and the read the "story". Probably good practice before posting your dramatic thread

it can mate, but not when i am out and about.

it is hardly dramatic. something posted o the BBC gossip column. as well as stating in the opening post that the club want to offer him a new deal

I do laugh how precious our saintsweb fan base can be regarding stories about our players (negative of course)

it can mate, but not when i am out and about.

it is hardly dramatic. something posted o the BBC gossip column. as well as stating in the opening post that the club want to offer him a new deal

I do laugh how precious our saintsweb fan base can be regarding stories about our players (negative of course)

Or maybe people just get irritated with people constantly starting 'look at me' threads with no substance to them. Possibly.

Or maybe people just get irritated with people constantly starting 'look at me' threads with no substance to them. Possibly.

its on the BBC website. jesus christ

the thread directly below this one is of the same ilk. A thread about a single player (this time in to saints)

This is a ridiculous thread.

An poster Unbelievable Jeff, who many on here hold in high regard, said a couple of days ago that Clyne is honourable and will sign a new contract.

Why the need for this negative posting when we already know it will not be true?

This is a ridiculous thread.

An poster Unbelievable Jeff, who many on here hold in high regard, said a couple of days ago that Clyne is honourable and will sign a new contract.

Why the need for this negative posting when we already know it will not be true?

Agree. Jeff speaks for me and if he declares Clyne honourable then I for one believe him.

Batman, you have a monotonous way of posting your opinion as fact.

As far as I recall you've never added anything new to a debate. But still, if it cheers your Sunday up.

It was pretty clear from the opening post. It was on the BBC website

I have not claimed anything as my own opinion other than if united want him, he will go (which is true)

It was pretty clear from the opening post. It was on the BBC website

I have not claimed anything as my own opinion other than if united want him, he will go (which is true)

So in a 3 line post one of those lines was your opinion which you're stating as fact. chalet is right Casey.

If a bigger club can offer some sort of first team promises then he has absolutely no reason to stay at Saints, and our Board would have no chance of getting him to sign a new deal in my opinion. We'd be best off selling him in the summer to get £10 - 15m. There isn't a natural replacement in the rest of the squad (we sold the one we had this summer...) so it's another tough ask for the club to go out and buy another Premier League ready right-back. I know the club like Sam Byram - I wouldn't be surprised to see us renew interest in him.

I edited the Thread title from "Clyne to United" to the current one.

I also checked the Guardian website. I'd imagine their title, "Southampton's Ronald Koeman unfazed by Nathaniel Clyne Speculation" would have got less bites.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/06/southampton-nathaniel-clyne-ronald-koeman

You made a difference in the World today. Well done.

So, Clyne might go to Utd then?

I edited the Thread title from "Clyne to United" to the current one.

I also checked the Guardian website. I'd imagine their title, "Southampton's Ronald Koeman unfazed by Nathaniel Clyne Speculation" would have got less bites.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/06/southampton-nathaniel-clyne-ronald-koeman

It's for moment like this that I vote for you for mod of the year, every year.

lol

I never clicked the link on the BBC site. But it was the BBC site and not some no mark, lazy sun type journo.

It was the BBC with the link to the observerguardian...if you cant trust that. what can you do.....

Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne has been linked with a move to Manchester United but the south-coast club are in talks over a new deal with the 23-year-old England internationa

Batman will post about anything. It just looks like he wants to achieve some glory in becoming the highest poster on the forum.

You are wrong, he is only thinking about us Saintweb-ers, as he has shown, by posting important hot off the press news while he is out and about. Not many people would do that for us.

As fans we need to change this attitude of 'he deserves to go to a bigger club' and 'we shouldn't begrudge him his move'. Yes Clyne has played well for us and we know that the players will always want to move and most likely get that move and who can blame then when they can triple their wages. But as a fan what the hell is 'he's served his time with us' supposed to mean, we're not here to groom players for the big clubs, we're supposed to have our own ambitions that don't involve losing our best players every season, I know we can't do anything about it and the club know that and will act accordinigly but surely we shouldn't just accept it like some cuckolded husband. I for one won't be applauding any player who comes back to play against the club, we need to stop acting little old Southampton grateful that these players once played for us.

This is a dig at you so apologies if it comes across that way.

This^

Think he wanted to establish himself in the prem. He has now done that and is England's right back. He will go imo not sure why they is such a controversial thing to say, all the available evidence points to him leaving.

What available evidence? I don't see any evidence that is credible at all. Has he indicated that he wishes to leave? There might be rumours and speculation, but as usual, you are entirely happy to accept that they constitute evidence.