Mane

simo

is what? assists?

what about goals, chances created?

adam used to work very hard backwards too

Tadic is a great player but lets not re-write history just yet

No one is re writing history , attacking players are brought mainly to attack or help out the attack defending comes second imo I'd rather have a player who it a slightly better at doing the job he is brought for! Lallana was never a big scorer but Tadic is in his first year in a new country so I can wait on the goals ! Saying that wouldn't it be good having lallana one side and Tadic the other

How funny, all you hypocrites who criticised the heck out of me for stating how poor Mane was a couple of weeks ago are now jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, he's probably the worst player to pull on a Saints shirt since Ali Dia.

Absolutely no touch.

Keystone Kops ball control

Never beats his man - well, sometimes HE does, but the ball is left behind.

His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

Seeing his "shots" almost hit the corner flag is embarrassing.

Shane Long is a real footballer, this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet.

If Mane is ****e what does that make Mayuka ?

No one is re writing history , attacking players are brought mainly to attack or help out the attack defending comes second imo I'd rather have a player who it a slightly better at doing the job he is brought for! Lallana was never a big scorer but Tadic is in his first year in a new country so I can wait on the goals ! Saying that wouldn't it be good having lallana one side and Tadic the other

dont get so precious. Nearly everyone is commenting on his current form.

what is wrong with that?

members on here are going a bit mad at poor old Manes recent dip in form along with one or two others i have to say ,including Shane Long what a fantastic example of a club panic buying to fill squad places up and brilliant money business buy the selling club who must have rubbed their hands together after the door was shut.How hes made a living in the games for so long at this high level well good luck to the lad our mugs were seen off .............maybe 6-9 million asking but 12 million and hes utter garbish and wont be around after 2 seasons you see total rubbish .

members on here are going a bit mad at poor old Manes recent dip in form along with one or two others i have to say ,including Shane Long what a fantastic example of a club panic buying to fill squad places up and brilliant money business buy the selling club who must have rubbed their hands together after the door was shut.How hes made a living in the games for so long at this high level well good luck to the lad our mugs were seen off .............maybe 6-9 million asking but 12 million and hes utter garbish and wont be around after 2 seasons you see total rubbish .

I think because of how he plays and what he brings to the table other than goals he'll get a bit more time than other players , personally I like him he is playing out of position as Jrod did and I took him a bit of time to start scoring regularly

He was poor tonight but I still want to give him a chance. I think someone was said it earlier that Koeman wants to play him to boost his confidence. Mind you did any one else notice

Pelle telling him to get up whe he was on the floor looking for a free kick and we had lost possession?

He's a bit of an enigma really. He has bags of pace, decent skill, a trick or two but his first touch is generally woeful and he doesn't have a football brain. Was really surprised that he stayed on the whole game. Would like to see him play on the right of the 3 though. He might then be able to produce a cross that doesn't go into row F of the Northam. I'm sure the 'tater called him Guly at one point last night.

I've not been overly impressed by his first touch or decision making but I'm more than willing to give him enough time to get used to the Premier League. Some players will get it straight away while others will take time to settle. We do need someone to take the pressure off Pelle though.

COME BACK STEVE DE RIDDER, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!

The guy is just suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment. It's affecting his end product and decision making.

It certainly doesn't help that the crowd are getting on his back every time something bad happens.

I'm not sure if it's our fans, or football fans in general, but how bloody impatient are they? I mean look at the reaction Pelle got on his home debut, he didn't even get 150mins playing time for us until some fans were on his back.

I still stand by my opinion that Mane is a good player, with good movement, awareness. When he first started games for us, he was electric - a little bit erratic, but he caused teams all sorts of issues, floating all around the front 3. He was great on his debut at Arsenal for e.g.

All the comparisons with him and Ali Dia are quite embarrassing for the posters really.

You're absolutely right. It's so frustrating to hear the crowd collectively groan when a player makes a mistake. I wonder how they would like it if they were criticised by 30,000 people whenever they slipped up at work.

These things happen - even to players as talented as Mane or Rooney.

Why exactly is Mane suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment? My guess would be that he's finding it difficult to adapt to the physicality of the PL as well as fitting in with a new team. It's not that Southampton are unwelcoming, but that 'big fish' from smaller leagues can find it harder to move to bigger ponds. But, that's just speculation.

I'm not sure if it's our fans, or football fans in general, but how bloody impatient are they? I mean look at the reaction Pelle got on his home debut, he didn't even get 150mins playing time for us until some fans were on his back.

I still stand by my opinion that Mane is a good player, with good movement, awareness. When he first started games for us, he was electric - a little bit erratic, but he caused teams all sorts of issues, floating all around the front 3. He was great on his debut at Arsenal for e.g.

All the comparisons with him and Ali Dia are quite embarrassing for the posters really.

Agreed. Mane is a good player who has plenty to offer our side; I am sure he will improve with more experience of EPL. He has already demonstrated special skills and speed which can unsettle rival defences. Get off his back, encourage him and see the x factor he brings to our attacking set up.

Well if they did then hopefully they would have the intelligence to point out that was Bertrand's fault for not paying attention.

Or even more intelligent to realise that they were both at fault. ;)

As I pointed out in the match thread, there were a lot of blind passes on Monday night, José's being the worst.

You're absolutely right. It's so frustrating to hear the crowd collectively groan when a player makes a mistake. I wonder how they would like it if they were criticised by 30,000 people whenever they slipped up at work.

These things happen - even to players as talented as Mane or Rooney.

Why exactly is Mane suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment? My guess would be that he's finding it difficult to adapt to the physicality of the PL as well as fitting in with a new team. It's not that Southampton are unwelcoming, but that 'big fish' from smaller leagues can find it harder to move to bigger ponds. But, that's just speculation.

I think the entire front 3 is struggling at the moment, Tadic hasn't been much better in recent weeks (although he was good on Monday). Passes and flicks which were working a few weeks back, are now going to the opposition. I think he's just been dragged down in the collective bad run, and when you're new to a league and quite young as well, it's can be quite difficult to play with a freedom when the team is on a bad run. In an ideal world at this moment in time he'd be the perfect impact sub, but our injuries has meant we can't do this right now.

I think the entire front 3 is struggling at the moment, Tadic hasn't been much better in recent weeks (although he was good on Monday). Passes and flicks which were working a few weeks back, are now going to the opposition. I think he's just been dragged down in the collective bad run, and when you're new to a league and quite young as well, it's can be quite difficult to play with a freedom when the team is on a bad run. In an ideal world at this moment in time he'd be the perfect impact sub, but our injuries has meant we can't do this right now.

Passes and deft flicks do have a tendancy to be less effective when defenders are of a better quality and position themselves better. We've recently lost to 3 top sides, they don't pay players small fortunes per week to be conned by just anybody. Our problem is goalscoring, perhaps that's because defenders and keepers are better as well. The other problem we have had these last 2 and a half games is composure in midfield, when you're in trouble as a rule you just slide the ball to Morgan who sorts it out whilst making it look as if he's done nothing because he plays in such a simple way.

Tonight was the final straw for me!

He looked so exciting in the first games especially Arsenal away. I haven't seen anybody else mention it but we've just gone one down, he's lost the ball to the RB and lays on the floor as the RB goes past him!!!!

Tonight was the final straw for me!

He looked so exciting in the first games especially Arsenal away. I haven't seen anybody else mention it but we've just gone one down, he's lost the ball to the RB and lays on the floor as the RB goes past him!!!!

He's been ****** poor but final straw - such knee-jerk nonsense.

How did the Gardos experiment go btw :lol:

Did that knobhead who just left for spurs know how to use the black box thing they're meant to have? I reckons the black box on the missing Malaysian aeroplane is more useful than that fücking thing

Mané is f**king awful it has to be said. As is Mayuka. Gardos isn't looking such a smart buy so far either. FFS.

They can stick the "black box" up their backsides on those 3 signings. I'd rather have played Turnbull, Gallagher and Hesketh, if fit, but whatever.

He was by no means the worst for us and the only one that looked like making anything happen. He was rightly subbed before he was sent off though.

Not sure what you were watching. He was atrocious, regularly ran straight into his man. How many millions did we pay, and he couldn't take the ball past league one defenders.

He's been poor, but what worries me is go reckless he is in the challenge. Could easily have picked up 2 bookings at Burnley but was let off, and the same thing happened last night. Should've been sent off. What's worse is that RK keeps gambling and leaving him on. Roll on the ACON when we'll have to give his place to one of the kids.

He's been poor, but what worries me is go reckless he is in the challenge. Could easily have picked up 2 bookings at Burnley but was let off, and the same thing happened last night. Should've been sent off. What's worse is that RK keeps gambling and leaving him on. Roll on the ACON when we'll have to give his place to one of the kids.

Could have been sent off right at the end v United

Get rid - now. The guy is a total liability, it's like playing with only ten men because the rest of the team clearly have no respect for him or faith in his ability.

There was a moment last night when he stupidly gave away a foul in the opposite half and then just casually jogged back while SHU took a quick free kick, leaving Clyne completely exposed against two men, and you could see Clyne lose his rag and screaming at Mane.

He can't get past a L1 defence, he provides no defensive cover for Clyne, he lunges into wild tackles, and his team mates clearly can't stand the guy.

I have defended him up until now, but I can't anymore.