Mane

simo

I can never understand these risky goal celebrations. For example, sliding on both knees always makes me cringe (I'm looking at you Shane Long).

There have been several serious injuries. This was one of the more serious:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2799893/indian-mirozam-premier-league-footballer-dies-spinal-injuries-somersault-goal-celebration.html

No news yet on the results of his scan. Was the injury received during the goal celebrations as he sat down on the pitch just after?

On the stream I was watching the taters said he had picked up the injury in training but hoped he would be able to play through it.

Was the injury received during the goal celebrations as he sat down on the pitch just after?

Wanyama may be to blame, Mane was celebrating his goal with a couple of teammates and Wanyama jumped on top of them all. Mane then started to hold part of his leg in pain, as it may have buckled awkwedly.

You can see it briefly here, I did see a longer version and it looks even clearer that Wanyama jumping in did something to cause Mane to be in pain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmiE_hxRM8w

Edited by Matthew Le God

If he's not properly injured, he ought to shut up. Sounds like Senegal will want to assess him at the least, so likely a trip overseas. Poo.

More likely he is downplaying the injury as is desparate to have a chance to play in the ACON.

Can't blame the guy for that. Just hope he and Senegal are sensible and don't rush him back too soon.

• 5 weeks later...

He's always struck me as a player with terrific potential. The pace coupled with him being able to control the ball at speed as well as the fact he's two-footed means that he's a player who'll always have the ability to pull something special off.

We'll just have to accept that for now he's one of those lads who every now and then, will have the odd game where he just doesn't turn up.

Great game today. Always looked threatening with his pace and running behind the line of defenders. Excellent finish under pressure for the three points. If he can avoid going down too easily when leant upon he will become one of our "legends" IMO.

Until he goes to Liverpool or Spurs - then he's judas scum....