Mane

simo

You could tell he was going to be one of those players who either turns up or doesn't. But in November/December he had 5 games where he was awful, the criticism at the time was justified. I'm sure everyone's delighted he has turned things around, he really offers something different, and as yesterday proved he is a matchwinner too.

You could tell he was going to be one of those players who either turns up or doesn't. But in November/December he had 5 games where he was awful, the criticism at the time was justified. I'm sure everyone's delighted he has turned things around, he really offers something different, and as yesterday proved he is a matchwinner too.

I disagree. The criticism was not justified. You only need to read this thread back, worst player since Dia, saying what a joke the fee was etc

It is another example of people showing lack of knowledge / inability to judge a player / need to slag our players off.

I agree he had games when things didn't go well but comments here were nowhere near justified. His ability was already clear.

I'm not convinced he had 5 awful games either, which? Maybe 2 or 3?

There seems to be a general communication problem and and issue with reading the game. Numerous times Bertrand and pelle were pointing to where they wanted the ball or where they wanted him to go, but he just stands there like a rabbit in te headlights.

I am am struggling to see what he adds to the team at the moment.

lol, that would be last minute goals then

I disagree. The criticism was not justified. You only need to read this thread back, worst player since Dia, saying what a joke the fee was etc

It is another example of people showing lack of knowledge / inability to judge a player / need to slag our players off.

I agree he had games when things didn't go well but comments here were nowhere near justified. His ability was already clear.

Agree with you Nick. You could tell from the off that Mane had exceptional skills, pace, two footed ability. The comments on here early on were bizarre; he not only can score goals but his assists and penetrative passes/trickery are up with the best attacking midfielders going round. He really is a mixture of striker, A/M and winger. If we get to Europe Sadio Mane will have had a big part in the process.

I had my questions about him when he started for us, you could see he had the physical attributes but his decision making and link up play was questionable.

However he's rapidly become a top striker scoring pivotal goals for us and keeping the charge alive. Looking like a class act at the moment.

What I love about this team is that it has no out and out stars, it is a collective unit and each week it seems a different player(s) steps up to the plate to get us over the line. Mane and Forster this week but the other players have had their days too.

The whole team is 100% in the fight and that is what has got us to where we are.

Dum dum-de-dum [ker-ching]

Dum dum dum dum dum dum-de-dum [ker-ching]

Mané - he's a hit

He makes your best defenders look sh1t

Mané - sure can play

He's gonna tear you a new one today!

Only heard the last part of Koeman's press conference but I think he said Mane came back from the African Tournament with a groin injury that ordinarily would need an operation and he would be absent for the season.

It was a very brutal game on Saturday, more than most BPL games so hopefully he will be mended quickly.

I will miss Mane's infectious smile and fast running.

Only heard the last part of Koeman's press conference but I think he said Mane came back from the African Tournament with a groin injury that ordinarily would need an operation and he would be absent for the season.

It was a very brutal game on Saturday, more than most BPL games so hopefully he will be mended quickly.

I will miss Mane's infectious smile and fast running.

7.4/10

Best post on here in years, perhaps ever.

We have some truly idiotic fans who showed just how little they know about football and how inane and pointless their opinions are.

Comments on this thread are far more embarrassing than what was said over the summer.

We have some truly idiotic fans who showed just how little they know about football and how inane and pointless their opinions are.

Comments on this thread are far more embarrassing than what was said over the summer.

you should have seen NickG's predictions for a set of games. proper relegation set of scores he predicted for us and then posts holier than thou posts all the time

it's an act

A new player needs some time and a lot of encouragemnt from team mates and fans. Imagine being new in a country and not even speaking the language, it's bound to take a bit of time. The club looked after him and his team mates looked after him but the fans who should be the front line supporters were an embarrassment. What's the point of calling themselves supporters if all they do is mock a new comer?

you should have seen NickG's predictions for a set of games. proper relegation set of scores he predicted for us and then posts holier than thou posts all the time

it's an act

Whereas you predict us getting beat and say we are shyte through most of the match threads and then back track...

I must admit I had my doubts about him during that run in December. Happy to say he has more than proved me wrong since christmas and is proving a very valuable member of the team.

I still think some of the comments on here were a bit much as even when he was poor you could see the quality was there with his touch and pace. Compare it to Mayuka who I am yet to see anything good from at all. I think with Mane it was maybe a confidence thing at the time whereas with Mayuka I think he's just not a top quality player and probably never will be.

If the Guardian have Mayuka as the 85th best player in the world then I think Mane would have a chance of getting in the top 10!!

he was. against united at home he was terrible. Even our own players were having a right pop at him during the game

why is it a crime to say a player played shyte, when he played shyte.

According to you it looks like he doesn't play football though. Guess he has had a real lucky streak since Christmas then

According to you it looks like he doesn't play football though. Guess he has had a real lucky streak since Christmas then

it did not look like it that night. not when his own team mates were giving him some real stick.

that was my opinion on his performance after that game. obviously, not every game

it did not look like it that night. not when his own team mates were giving him some real stick.

that was my opinion on his performance after that game. obviously, not every game

I think part of his effectiveness is actually his unpredictability which is why he can also be a frustrating player at times clearly as you've mentioned not just for us supporters.

When what he is trying to do comes off he looks like a genius but on the flip side of that it can sometimes look like he doesn't know what he's doing which possibly leads to him getting a bit more stick than he deserves sometimes.

IMO of course!

Thank you

He didnt have a great game last night but always looks more likely to create than Long.

Nice to see this proven right despite some of the dross below.

No he doesn't you nutter lol

that is not true at all. not last night anyway

If Mane is ****e what does that make Mayuka ?

Future Ballon D'or winner.

The Balon D'Or perhaps out of reach but African Player of the Year isn't.

Mane is class and still very young.

During the period from Aston Villa away to Sheff Utd in the cup his performance level was seriously poor and I think most of the comments around the start of this thread were quite justified at the time. Many players come in from foreign leagues and struggle to make an impact at first, but with Mane it went beyond that, he seemed to be having an adverse effect on the players around him whose form had previously been excellent.

Since the Crystal Palace game it's been one of the most staggering and sudden changes in form I've ever known and now we all love him. Such is the fickle nature of being a football fan.