Sheff Utd Quarter Final Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

I am struggling to find a pub that will be showing the game in and around the local area. I know there are a few that show Prem games but I have called a couple and they are not showing it. Any ideas?

Probably because they don't have a reliable source, can't see pubs hacking in to BeIn Middle East feeds really. BeIn are showing Chelsea-Derby in France, probably the same in the rest of Europe.

Probably because they don't have a reliable source, can't see pubs hacking in to BeIn Middle East feeds really. BeIn are showing Chelsea-Derby in France, probably the same in the rest of Europe.

I think that is the case but I thought I would ask. Shame really.

What is better for the development of a young keeper...?

a) sitting on the bench every first team league and cup game, like Kelvin Davis has this season.

b) sitting in the stands every first team league and cup game as the 20th man of the match day squad, like Coddy Cropper.

c) getting gametime for the under 21's, like Paulo Gazzaniga has been.

I wouldn't be sure enough to say Gazzaniga playing for the under 21's means he is behind Davis and Cropper, it is beneficial for him to be playing games, which is not something Cropper and Davis are getting. If Forster gets injured/suspended perhaps Koeman would prefer a keeper who has been getting gametime to play and Gazzaniga might be used.

Gazza has not played all of the u21s this season, Cropper has played a few of them as well. I watched a few minutes of the U21s last night (for Leicester's 1st and 2nd) and saw the same old Gazza, sadly. Still makes me nervous even at that level. If you can't command your area at U21 when you are nearly 23 really have to question whether he ever will.

Perhaps we can sign Mignolet after Brenda replaces him with Cech. With a decent defence Mignolet is still easily good enough for the PL, just being made to look crap at the moment playing behind Lovern and StevieGee.

We will lose this as we're not scoring and don't look likely to score. They will park the bus and hit us on the counter which we can't defend against. 2-0 loss written all over what will be a major cup upset. It will also be the start of significant mutterings of the possibility of relegation too, but that's unlikely with some of the dross at the foot of the table.

We will lose this as we're not scoring and don't look likely to score. They will park the bus and hit us on the counter which we can't defend against. 2-0 loss written all over what will be a major cup upset. It will also be the start of significant mutterings of the possibility of relegation too, but that's unlikely with some of the dross at the foot of the table.

Or not.

Losing this game is inconceivable (then again so was losing at Burnley). We'll win but how many cards will we get and who'll get injured, that's the problem. If we start Morgan and Victor we'll have to take one off if the other gets a card, Davis looks to be out so we'll have to risk JWP again..not sure that that's very wise, nope can't see this game doing us any good in the greater scheme of things. Pelle got 3 out of his 5 cards in the C1C...was it worth it ?

Some ART-level mentalism in that lot.

Losing this game is inconceivable (then again so was losing at Burnley). We'll win but how many cards will we get and who'll get injured, that's the problem. If we start Morgan and Victor we'll have to take one off if the other gets a card, Davis looks to be out so we'll have to risk JWP again..not sure that that's very wise, nope can't see this game doing us any good in the greater scheme of things. Pelle got 3 out of his 5 cards in the C1C...was it worth it ?

It'll be about getting an early goal and making them chase the game and picking them off whilst retaining our shape and playing within ourselves. Should be possible. Worst case scenario for all concerned is we go all the way to pens and lose.

Relegation is always a possibility.

Bertrand and Targett?

I worry about where our creativity is going to come from in that line up. Reed may as well not be on the subs bench as Koeman has zero intention of playing him. Isgrove and Mayuka are pointless, Seager and Sims would have been better bench options. Think we could all be in for a long night 0-0, extra time and pens :)