Sheff Utd Quarter Final Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Have to forget today and look towards this one now.

Biggest game since Coventry at home in the Championship promotion. To lose this would be a disaster.

Pelle out is a big blow but Long should be able to cover against a league one team. They seem a bit hot and cold at times in the league but have already knocked out Villa and West Ham so this is no easy game but with I disrespect we should be winning this. Morgan is reported back too which is great news.

Huge game!!

This reminds me of when Alpine said we should concentrate on the play-offs when we were second in the league.

There's only going to be a couple more weeks of people saying we're fifth. We are on a slide down the table, it's clear to see. The likes of Liverpool and even Spurs will be clear of us by the turn of the year.There are more tough games to come over christmas. 8th/9th will be a good finish. Sadly, there are at least 8 teams who are better than us. Top half and a cup would be a great season.

Edited by Saint_Tony

Seriously? Check the Mayuka thread if you really are unsure. Or watch him play

They're both pony tbf. Mane has shown a bit of promise Mayuka is just awful

On. Side note. Where is everyone drinking? Reckon we'll have a few in town during the day. Then over to the sheaf view pre match. Then out in town afterwards.eta hope we win so we can celebrate.

I really want the train journey to be painful !!

Lets not do the SWF trademark of bigging up a team to be Real Madrid. It's Sheffield United - if we take it seriously, play to potential it should be a comfortable win. Early goal is crucial, don't even give them a sniff of an upset.

I know we need bodies and he is just coming back from injury but what makes people think JWP can offer us anything in an advanced role.

Have you not watched him for the last 2 years ? even Koeman was suggesting he could offer us some attacking creativity. I am afraid i have seen nothing from him and at full strength he should be bench at best so how people want him being our penalty taker is beyond me.

Bring on the abuse but he is not all that and certainly not good enough for a team that wants to finish top 6.

His so called wonder set piece delivery has created what ? please tell.

Totally overrated player.

I know we need bodies and he is just coming back from injury but what makes people think JWP can offer us anything in an advanced role.

Have you not watched him for the last 2 years ? even Koeman was suggesting he could offer us some attacking creativity. I am afraid i have seen nothing from him and at full strength he should be bench at best so how people want him being our penalty taker is beyond me.

Bring on the abuse but he is not all that and certainly not good enough for a team that wants to finish top 6.

His so called wonder set piece delivery has created what ? please tell.

Totally overrated player.

Are you kidding?

Damn this has come at a bad time, if we'd have played them a month ago I'd be quite confident of a result but on the back of 4 defeats it's looking more open.

Really want us to win this one, the league was fun but it looks like we're sliding down to mid table now. This is the competition we have a big chance of silverware in.

If the lads put a big shift in we'll come through but they'd better turn up for this one as Utd will be well up for it.

Come on Saints!

Damn this has come at a bad time, if we'd have played them a month ago I'd be quite confident of a result but on the back of 4 defeats it's looking more open.

Really want us to win this one, the league was fun but it looks like we're sliding down to mid table now. This is the competition we have a big chance of silverware in.

If the lads put a big shift in we'll come through but they'd better turn up for this one as Utd will be well up for it.

Come on Saints!

We will win, they will be up for it but we will have too much for them. Win by 2 clear goals.

There will be a meltdown. We've been given a lucky draw, we have a great chance to progress. Our focus should be on this competition, we should still be able to win another 9 or 10 games in the league to finish top 10.

If we win another 9 or 10 games, assuming we don't lose all the rest, we'll probably be a 5-6 points away from the top six. And that's if we give up on Europe and focus on the League Cup! Think of the possibilities if we don't give up on European qualification in early December...

I'd go with this:

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Yoshida - Targett

Schneiderlin - Wanyama

Davis

JWP - Tadic

Long

Bench: Davis, Alderwiereld, Bertrand, Gardos, Reed, Mane, Seagar (if he is in the 22 man up north squad)

And Victor and Morgan both get cards so that we face Everton with ZERO midfielders available, Davis and JWP really doesn't inspire me greatly and Koeman obviously wants nothing to do with Reed for the PL at least.. No game time for Reed even when we're desperately short in midfield is one of the season's great mysteries.

And Victor and Morgan both get cards so that we face Everton with ZERO midfielders available, Davis and JWP really doesn't inspire me greatly and Koeman obviously wants nothing to do with Reed for the PL at least.. No game time for Reed even when we're desperately short in midfield is one of the season's great mysteries.

good point

I'd rather a cup semi than 3 points against Everton