low / no alcohol beer

SO16_Saint

Anyone got any recommendations for low / no alcohol larger?

I'll be doing a lot if driving over the Christmas period and don't want to drink coke all the time, and want to at least feel like I'm drinking and not some kid!

had the Budweiser zero on Saturday, it was okay. nothing special but okay.

The Becks one is the only one I can stomach from a lager PoV, it tastes almost like a proper Becks.

Never tried a no alcohol ale, assume they must exist. The only low alcohol one I've liked is Brentwood Brewery BBC2, which at 2% isn't really that low!

Anyone got any recommendations for low / no alcohol larger?

I'll be doing a lot if driving over the Christmas period and don't want to drink coke all the time, and want to at least feel like I'm drinking and not some kid!

had the Budweiser zero on Saturday, it was okay. nothing special but okay.

The becks one, from a beer point of view tastes exactly like becks. Unfortunately, it tastes exactly like becks

Cobra is a good drop but less readily available

Forgive me fellow posters. I am about to sin.

What the actual f**k?

Low alcohol beer? On a par with decaffeinated coffee and possibly worse. I hated beer as a kid. Naturally, I acquired the taste but I still view it as f**king pointless without the alcohol component. Consequently, I just don't get what people get out of low alcohol beer.

If you need to be a real man when unable to drink, just rip a telephone directory in half or something. (they are much smaller these days).

I'm with Pap on this one . Surely if you're going to not drink alcohol , then you go for something that tastes nice. Why go for something that looks like beer or lager but tastes like shiete ?

I really don't get it. I can't remember the last time I went into a boozer and didn't have a few pints. It seems a bit strange to me, surely it's like visiting a whorehouse and having a wnk. I've always found pubs terribly boring without a few noggins inside of me, but each to their own.

I'm with Pap on this one . Surely if you're going to not drink alcohol , then you go for something that tastes nice. Why go for something that looks like beer or lager but tastes like shiete ?

I really don't get it. I can't remember the last time I went into a boozer and didn't have a few pints. It seems a bit strange to me, surely it's like visiting a whorehouse and having a wnk. I've always found pubs terribly boring without a few noggins inside of me, but each to their own.

I know what you mean, but what's the alternative (other than drinking coke all night). There really isn't one.

For me, we're doing the family thing on Christmas day, at the in laws, and someone has to drive. I always get to have a few beers normally, so it's the wife's turn!

There really is a gap in the market for an alternative to alcohol beer/larger.

I know what you mean, but what's the alternative (other than drinking coke all night). There really isn't one.

I always get to have a few beers normally, so it's the wife's turn!

There really is a gap in the market for an alternative to alcohol beer/larger.

One alternative could be a change of wife. Lol

I'm lucky as Mrs Duck doesn't drink, the odd Baileys now and then but that's it.

We used to have a group of 4 of us who went out every Saturday and took it in turns being the designated driver, so you drove once every month. I used to get so ****ed off when it was my turn that I started dropping them off in town and picking them up at chucking out time, so I didnt have to spend all night sober hanging around with drunk twts. A couple of annoying rides home and I gave that idea a miss, I started paying for a taxi when it was my turn to drive.

What about orange juice and lemonade

Too sweet (for my taste). As SO16_Saint says, there's little or no non-sweet cold drink option available to non-drinkers ergo drinking something that roughly tastes like lager is a decent enough compromise.

This, plus after ten cokes I've got such a caffeine buzz I'm probably not safe to drive anyway!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I live in an alcohol-free State (most of the time). You get used to it.

My tipples when I go out:

Red Bull

Iced tea

Coffee

Fruit juice-based cocktails

Only occasionally do I resort to coke/sprite/Fanta etc. The supermarkets are full of alcohol-free lagers and malted drinks, but I wouldn't bother with those.

The answer is, of course, either tonic water or lime-and-soda, both are non-sweet and not as easy drinking as coke (and as said above, you get a huge caffeine buzz if you keep pace with the drinkers).

The problem with tea/coffee is that is takes the bar staff ages to prepare which makes you the most unpopular person in the bar.

Just to add my two pence, but I recently tried Fosters Radler for the first time thinking I wouldn't like it but I actually thought it was very refreshing. It's not no alcohol, but there's little Alcohol content in it. I'm not sure if you can get it in pubs yet but it is quite nice.

Just to add my two pence, but I recently tried Fosters Radler for the first time thinking I wouldn't like it but I actually thought it was very refreshing. It's not no alcohol, but there's little Alcohol content in it. I'm not sure if you can get it in pubs yet but it is quite nice.

Interesting name for a beer really, especially a low alcohol effort, raddle means (in one sense) to tire or wear out.

Alcohol raddled tramp...well you get the drift.

Interesting name for a beer really, especially a low alcohol effort, raddle means (in one sense) to tire or wear out.

Alcohol raddled tramp...well you get the drift.

Radler (single d), is a short version of the word for cyclist. Basically a German 'shandy' that could be enjoyed whilst out on your bike without making you tumble in front of das auto

Edit: Fosters Radler is, btw, fookin nasty.