Clarke Carlisle

whelk

Huge respect for the bloke, as someone's that's also had troubles with depression I personally found the work he has done really helpful and inspiring. Seems like an intelligent, honest and decent bloke.

Really hope the bloke pulls through. Awful for his family.

Sounds a top fella. Someone tweeted his response to someone thank him for helping them.17a742e22328d7ee01bc789fc57200d4.jpg

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30583740

Equality campaign body Kick It Out, for which he is an ambassador, tweeted: "The thoughts and prayers of everyone here are with Clarke and his family."

Should an organisation that campaigns for equality be endorsing one religion over all the others/none? How is that equality? The Kick it Out campaign should be neutral when it comes to religion.

Do you think an organisation that attempts to promote equality in football that Carlisle is an ambassador for should endorse one religion?

Saying your thoughts are with someone, their friends and family is fine, but an equality organisation bringing prayer into it is a step too far and surely is against their ethos.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'm not entering into a debate with you. The fact that that is what you are picking up on when everyone else is shocked and wishing (btw I don't believe in fairy godmothers) him well and a full recovery says more about you I would suggest.

Do you think an organisation that attempts to promote equality in football should endorse one religion?

Saying your thoughts are with someone, their friends and family is fine, but an equality organisation bringing prayer into is a step too far and surely is against their ethos.

Which one religion are they endorsing? Are you p****d tonight or something?

Which one religion are they endorsing? Are you p****d tonight or something?

It doesn't matter which one it is, an equality promoting organisation like Kick it Out should remain completely neutral regarding endorsing any one religion over another (or none at all). Its not equality to have an organisation instituationally endorsing prayer, let alone one that campaigns for equality at its core.

I'm not entering into a debate with you. The fact that that is what you are picking up on when everyone else is shocked and wishing (btw I don't believe in fairy godmothers) him well and a full recovery says more about you I would suggest.

Of course I hope he recovers, but although this isn't about Clarke Carlisle's situation I still think there it has some relevance considering he is an ambassador for the Kick it Out campaign.

Racial equality and religious equality are not the same thing.

Kick it out is an organisation for racial equality.

Most religions are made up of people from multiple races. Many different religions pray.

You are wrong. Now shut the **** up, and be wrong elsewhere you utter ****ing cretin.

For someone that focuses so absolute on minutae of detail, you get it wrong a whole ****ing lot.

It doesn't matter which one it is, an equality promoting organisation like Kick it Out should remain completely neutral regarding endorsing any one religion over another (or none at all). Its not equality to have an organisation instituationally endorsing prayer, let alone one that campaigns for equality at its core.

You said that they were endorsing one religion, which religion were they endorsing it? And how exactly were they endorsing it over one other religion or no religion at all?

Racial equality and religious equality are not the same thing.

Kick it out is an organisation for racial equality.

Most religions are made up of people from multiple races. Many different religions pray.

You are wrong. Now shut the **** up, and be wrong elsewhere you utter ****ing cretin.

For someone that focuses so absolute on minutae of detail, you get it wrong a whole ****ing lot.

It is not me that is wrong here, you are.

Kick it Out has an number of campaigns, not just regarding racism...

- racism

- sexism

- faith in football

- lesbians and gays in football

http://www.kickitout.org/campaigning/faith-in-football/

The phrase "thoughts and prayers" has largely historical Christian cultural connotations in the UK. It is not neutral or something an equality organisation should use.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Kick it out has an number of campaigns...

- racism

- sexism

- faith in football

The phrase "thoughts and prayers" has largely historical Christian cultural connotations. It is not neutral or something an equality organisation should use.

It is you that is wrong, not me.

You read that page you moron?

It's about ending abuse on religious grounds, just a use of the word 'yid'. There's no claim of equality of religion, or a desire to express no religious view, which they are not actually expressing.

Prayer is an integral part of many religions.

Try harder.

Actually don't, just go away.

Should an organisation that campaigns for equality be endorsing one religion over all the others/none? How is that equality? The Kick it Out campaign should be neutral when it comes to religion.

A crass and unnecessary post in the context of the purpose of this thread. Best wishes to Clarke Carlisle.

Edited by Katalinic

MLG you sometimes get a tough time on the main board, but to be fair you've had a 'mare here.

BBC says injuries are not life threatening which is something at least. Seems like the guy has been (and will continue to be) a really positive influence on the game.

Jesus Christ........... :mcinnes:

Why don't you tweet them to express your outrage?

Have they no shame? We can't have these organisations getting away with things like this,its a disgrace that their thoughts are with Clarke Carlise and his family, even more vulgar that those that pray might include him in their prayers. These people really are hypocritical scum and we need you to tell them to their social media face how disgusting their behaviour is.

I would assume that 'thoughts' would be for those that like me are atheists and that 'prayers' would be for those that believe in God (whichever one). So pretty much an all encompassing, non-controversial statement, unless of course you are MLG.

Do you think an organisation that attempts to promote equality in football that Carlisle is an ambassador for should endorse one religion?

Saying your thoughts are with someone, their friends and family is fine, but an equality organisation bringing prayer into it is a step too far and surely is against their ethos.

Kick it out are followed by 39,600 people. The tweet has been favourited by 217 people and retweeted by 465 people,

The message has been seen by probably something in excess of 1 million people, and I can imagine that 999,999 people didnt even bat an eyelid to that simple and honest throw away comment.

I would assume that 'thoughts' would be for those that like me are atheists and that 'prayers' would be for those that believe in God (whichever one). So pretty much an all encompassing, non-controversial statement, unless of course you are MLG.

exactly that.

I dont 'believe' but i'm not outraged at that message.

MLG's message, yes, but Kick It Out's - no.

What the hell is wrong with you? You're a proper weirdo.

Have some respect and rather than posting on here like a complete tool about something irrelevant, just post some best wishes and then go away.

It is not me that is wrong here, you are.

Kick it Out has an number of campaigns, not just regarding racism...

- racism

- sexism

- faith in football

The phrase "thoughts and prayers" has largely historical Christian cultural connotations in the UK. It is not neutral or something an equality organisation should use.

STFU you utter cuunt.

MLG - I don't understand why you chose a thread expressing sympathy to nit pick. I can only put it down to you posting something a bit crass in error, and then true to form, not being able to let it lie when called on it.

What ever the reason - stop. You are making yourself look stupid.

You seem to be confusing prayer with asking a genie for three wishes.

Prayer can be a huge comfort for people and a chance for reflection and to give thanks.

Would you say that about children who have died of preventable illnesses that science has allowed us to cure, but whose parents have decided to not take them to hospital and pray for them instead?

A false hope in prayer is harmful.

For example...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203791/Father-prayed-taking-diabetic-daughter-11-hospital-faces-jail.html

That is not an isolated case.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Would you say that about children who have died of preventable illnesses that science has allowed us to cure, but whose parents have decided to not take them to hospital and pray for them instead?

A false hope in prayer is harmful.

Come on MLG! Just say sorry for appearing to be insensitive and move on.