• Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Tadic
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Gardos
    • Long

Fantastic performance against one of the best premier league teams I've seen (seriously, aside from their quality Chelsea are probably the only team that presses better than us).

Special mention to whole back line, esp Targett. It says a lot that Chelsea targetted (excuse pun) the other flank for the whole second half.

Excellent point and a fantastic defensive display. Special mention to Targett who I thought was superb considering how little experience he has. To be honest we could have had no complaints if Chelsea had won that but nonetheless every player really dug in today and won a well earnt point.

Good point and a very good defensive performance from the lads.

Chelsea fans will moan about us parking the bus but you get smashed if you go all out attack against the likes of Chelsea.

I didn't see them moaning when they won the champions league playing that way.

Excellent defensive display against an excellent Chelsea team. We restricted them to one effort on goal all game.

We could have done a little more in terms of getting to 2nd balls quicker but the defensive shape and discipline of the team was excellent all game.

Thoroughly deserved. Got bossed around in the second half, but a real team effort especially the back four.

Couldn't really name a MoM and just as importantly, no one hid from the task.

Considering we had both full backs out I'm a very happy bunny...

I didn't see them moaning when they won the champions league playing that way.

Just what was going to post !

Huge praise to the whole team I know our team was expensive but Chelsea take spending to a whole new level and we didn't lose to that !

A very happy saint tonight

COYR

Very happy with that, excellent point.

I think the word was clinical, 1 clear chance for either team and we both scored.

Their intricate play in the final 3rd is wicked.

Tadic currently has the delivery of Gaston.

Big shout out to the defence, midfield and guile showed by our forwards.

When I look at Courtois, De Gea I don't get the same fuzzy "he could save this" feeling with Frazer if there is a shot on target or is that part and parcel of being a fan.

Stoked overall and thought Targett was very good and good effort by the crowd to encourage him.

First time we haven't lost to a 'top team' this season. And limited Chelsea to one shot in the first half and none in the second. That is a good performance.

Shame Tadic and Pelle are off form. More attacking potency needed in January, I hope Elia is decent for us.

Finally taken something against one of the big teams and it was the biggest of them all. It may not have been pretty but to go up against Chelsea and walk off the pitch as equals will be a huge psychological boost. We haven't taken points from a top team for a long time now, so that's a monkey off our backs.

Good to hear Targett had a good match. What is it with this our academy and left backs? :D

When I look at Courtois, De Gea I don't get the same fuzzy "he could save this" feeling with Frazer if there is a shot on target or is that part and parcel of being a fan.

Well yeah, but then again you are talking about the starting goalkeepers for Chelsea and Man U.

I truly do not know what some people expect to see from Fraser. We're Southampton, he is as good as we will get here, and he is very good.

But a good point in the sense that we limited them so well, defended in numbers, with organisation and we were incredibly disciplined from front to back. That's why we have such a good defensive record, and Fonte is such a linchpin in underlining everything we do back there.

But Chelsea were clearly at another level, probably 2 or 3 levels above us - but that's to be expected, but we got the draw which is another point on the board. We could do Arsenal though...

Outstanding defensive performance. Targett looks one hell of a prospect.....didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Still concerned that Tadic is misfiring (despite a lovely through ball for the goal), but we are back to looking a very good team again and seem to have recovered well from our dip in form. Incredibly we are almost safe from relegation before the end of 2014!