Pathetic Support

Rasiak-9-

10 men backs to the wall giving absolutely everything against by far the best team in the league and that's the best we could come up with?

Poor form.

Haha. Team are playing so brilliantly that there's literally no one to single out and slag off, so instead we pick on ourselves. That's pretty damn postmodern of us!

Haha. Team are playing so brilliantly that there's literally no one to single out and slag off, so instead we pick on ourselves. That's pretty damn postmodern of us!

Try sitting where I do. Bloke behind me says it's the worst he's ever seen us play... Not this particular game, EVERY game for the last three seasons. I'm really not kidding. He turns up just to have a moan.

You're embarrassing yourself, you sad melt.

Chelsea fans were some of the quietest away fans we've had this season, and look at you kissing their arses. D1ckhead.

Sticks and stones darling, doesn't change anything about our lack of noise today.

Players put blood, guts and sweat into that performance and our noise was woeful; great against Palace when 3-0 up, dreadful today.

And people are actually criticising the fact that there are fans who want the support to be as loud and encouraging for the players as possible? Take a good, hard look at yourselves.

I'm out, nothing more to add.

I've read it a couple of times and I'm still not sure what your point is.

The point being some fans thinking our support has disappeared. ....it hasn't it's same always. Some good games some bad like every club. I have been home away for over 40 years seen terrible clubs and some great mainly when beating us.

the fans are there for their own entertainment not to entertain anyone else! if you want noise then make some yourself but don't criticise those who choose not to sing and shout

other than yourself just who do you think cares ? its not a subject in my circle whereas the TEAM performance is

Lots of day trippers there today, had to laugh at one princess who quite obviously had never been to SMS before, arrived after kick off with a plastic cup of red wine, and arrived at her seat late for 2nd half with hot slice and bottle of carlsberg, the look on her face was priceless when challenged by stewards and had drink confiscated. Got away with it 1st half but bubbled 2nd half. Pretty much summed up the type of part time support we had there today really.

The point being some fans thinking our support has disappeared. ....it hasn't it's same always. Some good games some bad like every club. I have been home away for over 40 years seen terrible clubs and some great mainly when beating us.
What award are you talking about?

Plenty of other clubs in the Prem that are worse, but that's nothing to be pleased about.

You're right, very few football crowds these days will make a proper difference, but still disappointing we don't do as much as we can.

the fans are there for their own entertainment not to entertain anyone else! if you want noise then make some yourself but don't criticise those who choose not to sing and shout

other than yourself just who do you think cares ? its not a subject in my circle whereas the TEAM performance is

But generally speaking, it is better if fans do cheer and shout for their team, you would agree?

If you pay your money then it is up to you whether you chant or applaud. As a youngster I used to come home hoarse, but at my age (over 65) I may occasionally sing a couple of choruses of Oh When the Saints on the regrettably rare occasions I can attend away games but certainly no more. Watching it on Sky, and the only reasons I pay for Sky Sports is to watch Saints and Test matches, I thought the noise from the Saints crowd sounded very vocal and impressive today.

Some people just don't get football.

As in the OP.

Saints fans weren't amazing today, but they were good.

Last season Chelsea were super loud..... when they were winning. Church mice before then and again today.

Given the game, the situation and way the game was going, we (the fans) were ok. If titles and relegations were based on the fans performances; Chelsea would be in relegation based on today.

Get over it - that's football and nervy games do not equal noisy fans.

10 men backs to the wall giving absolutely everything against by far the best team in the league and that's the best we could come up with?

Poor form

From where I sit (Kingsland North) it sounded pretty good. Just watched the full game back on Sky. Atmosphere came acoss well last 20 minutes. Commentator even made mention of home crowd getting behind the team.

It was such a desperate struggle, it was so tense a lot of supporters (me for one) where probably holding their breath, checking their heart beat or -like the guy next to me- saying 'I can't watch, what's happened' all of which makes shouting or singing difficult. Anyway I thought the support sounded good, it encouraged me

It was such a desperate struggle, it was so tense a lot of supporters (me for one) where probably holding their breath, checking their heart beat or -like the guy next to me- saying 'I can't watch, what's happened' all of which makes shouting or singing difficult. Anyway I thought the support sounded good, it encouraged me

100% this. Thought it was pretty good but agree entirely that some of the time I could not think about singing as I was also holding my breath

Thought it was decent yesterday. Nervy game, and I had expected a lot more from the Chelsea lot from reports of the game last season.

One thing that I mention a lot. Away fans in the home end. On my way out, saw three girls in Itchen North singing "top of the league".

I said "It's a good job you are, love. You appear to be f##king lost otherwise".

"What?"

"Next time, go in the bit that says AWAY".

She probably won't, and will probably end up getting lamped at another fixture with less tolerant neighbours.