Palace job

Batman

Isnt he still on a long contract at Newcastle? If so it will cost them a lot to sack him. Why would you go from Newcastle to Palace?

who knows what sort of contract he is on or what compensation would be due.

it would seem odd on paper. but maybe pardew is tired of the mentals up there...

it probably wont happen but this is football

who knows what sort of contract he is on or what compensation would be due.

it would seem odd on paper. but maybe pardew is tired of the mentals up there...

it probably wont happen but this is football

Perhaps he wants to move closer to 'home', spiritual or physical. He was born in Wimbledon and without knowing anything about his personal life it's quite possible that he or his family are getting a bit fed up with the North-East.

Looks like it's on then.

Good luck Pards - did a good job at Newcastle and can walk away from those ungrateful, deluded sense-of-entitlement northern tw ats with his head held high.

Let's hope they get someone who has "affinity with the fans" and they fu ck it up royally.

I've heard in a couple of podcasts that although Pardew's Newcastle contract was long, the remuneration was not great and that much of it is tied up in bonuses. Given that Mike Ashley only seems to give half a f**k about Newcastle, not caring about much bar Premier League survival, Newcastle aren't exactly structured for success. Unless Pard's bonuses are very granular (individual win bonuses,etc), might not be on much of an earner up there.

been listening to talksport this afty, mostly about newcastle and who they would want as a replacement to pards

the general consensus amongst the Geordie faithful is that they would like 'one of their own' and someone to show 'passion'

:lol:

just found this on the palace message board......LOL

Gotta remember he was a Palace player for five or six seasons so a lot of us oldies are informed up to a point re:his character. Liked a party and a 5hag
Edited by Batman

Pardew will always be a bit of a tosser. Have heard this story below a couple of times:

West Ham photographer Steve Bacon; “When the gaffer sat down with his backroom team, deciding on his order, he asked fitness coach Tony Strudwick what he was getting – and told him he’d take it if it looked good. When the meals arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped plates. I told him you can’t just take someone else’s dinner. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything.”

Fear for Newcastle. Ashley will go cheap with next manager and bring in a yes man. Magpie fans fear a few of their better players will leave this window they believe Cashley will try to sell Sissoko to Arsenal among others.

Collocini will save him a contract. carragher's reaction to rumour

Edited by whelk

I know that Pardew isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think he did a great job for us and laid the foundations of the team that got us where we are today. Good luck to him at Palace, he will need it.

I'd echo that - Lambert for £1m, Fonte for £1.2m, Hammond £400k, Puncheon £300k, Harding on a free, Barnard £200k, Connolly free, Jaidi free. I know we had an advantage in L1 financially but Pardew made some superb buys that in Fonte's case we are still prospering from. He also talked Lallana into staying and helped with Morgan's development.

Pardew has his flaws as a manager/character but should feel comfortable in his operating environment at Palace. The Newcastle situation was a bit odd - 8 year contract but if the salary was lower than most of the league and heavily reliant on very ambitious bonuses, the move makes even more sense. Palace didn't go OTT in the summer window with the Pulis stand-off so would imagine Parish will have a fair amount available to Pardew for January purchases/loans to liven the squad up. Puncheon will probably be happier working for him, he is on the record as a big fan of Jason's, than he was for Neil Warnock.

Alan Pardew still has a decent rep overall with SFC and WHUFC fans but expect plenty of goodbye bile on Newcastle sites and the usual stuff on Charlton and Brighton forums.

I love Barney Ronay and articles are often very amusing.

...This is a club who have existed in a state of gloriously thwarted ambition for the last 60 years but who are now in the grip of a business model designed not with glory or even particularly entertainment in mind. Ashley’s sights remain set on staying in the top 10, selling profitably and sitting on the club like a London property tycoon watching the TV rights market rise around him, all the while providing a global billboard for the world’s most bizarrely overexposed cut-price tracksuit shop.