would SRL have enjoyed the rest of his career more here?

Mr X

No one would of denied lambert his dream move, but do you feel he has sacrificed the remainder of his career for the move, would he have got game time for us now? Or is he now past his best? So you think he regrets any part of it?

He must regret it. He wouldn't have left for any other club, he may not have started very much under RK but he would have had a lot more game time and would have been in an environment where he knew he was valued. Rogers has treated him like crap and its a classic case of dream move turning into a nightmare. He might try to kid himself it's all ok but what happens in the summer ? Are Liverpool seriously going to keep him ? I doubt it very much.

He must regret it. He wouldn't have left for any other club, he may not have started very much under RK but he would have had a lot more game time and would have been in an environment where he knew he was valued. Rogers has treated him like crap and its a classic case of dream move turning into a nightmare. He might try to kid himself it's all ok but what happens in the summer ? Are Liverpool seriously going to keep him ? I doubt it very much.
How do you know Koeman would have valued him? Saints tried to replace him 18months ago. Would he have been scoring in the Champions League for his boyhood team if he'd stayed with us? The bloke has had a great end to his career and should just be enjoying it for what it is.

How do you know Koeman would have valued him? Saints tried to replace him 18months ago. Would he have been scoring in the Champions League for his boyhood team if he'd stayed with us? The bloke has had a great end to his career and should just be enjoying it for what it is.

i said environment which means more than just the manager.

He'd have regretted it the rest of his life had he turned them down .

I doubt Ron would have played him more than Pelle . So I doubt he would have particularly enjoyed it here this season .

He should always be welcomed back , just not as a player . It's gone , over , the club have moved on . I'm just glad we got a few quid for him , because if he'd stayed here we'd have ended up with a high wage , diminishing return player.

I doubt he regrets it.

Boyhood club.

Playing at Anfield (it's history & importance for a fan)

CL appearances

Closing in on the end of a career

More cash

Close to family

If I was a footballer and had a chance to spend the last few years of my career at the Saints, that would be pretty special even if I was not playing as much as I would like.

I doubt he regrets it.

Boyhood club.

Playing at Anfield (it's history & importance for a fan)

CL appearances

Closing in on the end of a career

More cash

Close to family

If I was a footballer and had a chance to spend the last few years of my career at the Saints, that would be pretty special even if I was not playing as much as I would like.

Barely.