What is wrong with America

Red Alert

You are 'that' pompous limey that so many people around the world have so much contempt for...the Piers Morgan who had his ass fired and sent back to blighty with his tail between his legs

You are 'that' person who, on an Internet forum, pretends to be American/living in America. Transparently, achingly obvious.

15 years you've spent *****ing about the US and how its not the UK and how your neighbors and work colleagues are "dumb yanks" and just about every other stereotypical insult you could come up with...and you wonder why you have no friends and your neighbors and work colleagues "view you with suspicion"....

You are 'that' pompous limey that so many people around the world have so much contempt for...the Piers Morgan who had his ass fired and sent back to blighty with his tail between his legs

You sanctimonious little twit. How can you possibly presume to know how I conduct myself in my every day life? It's inbred prats like you that give even the internet a bad name! Of course, I don't know for a fact that you are inbred, call it an educated guess on my part.

I have no friends, and my neighbours view me with suspicion? I have lived in the US for 15 years. I have also lived in France for five years, and South Africa for three. Never once have I ever been accused of being a little Englander apart from now.

You sound like a 12 year old or a drunk. Most likely, a 12 year old drunk.

Now.

Let's not hide in anonymity.

I am a 58 year old male, born in Southampton, but now a US citizen. And yes, I have a picture of me getting my citizenship displayed in my home.

If you want to continue with your childlike rants against me, I will happily respond to them if you let me know a little about yourself!!!

Otherwise, just shut the **** up about who you think I am and go back to your skinhead friends.

Edited by Ohio Saint

You sanctimonious little twit. How can you possibly presume to know how I conduct myself in my every day life? It's inbred prats like you that give even the internet a bad name! Of course, I don't know for a fact that you are inbred, call it an educated guess on my part.

I have no friends, and my neighbours view me with suspicion? I have lived in the US for 15 years. I have also lived in France for five years, and South Africa for three. Never once have I ever been accused of being a little Englander apart from now.

Now.

I am a 58 year old male, born in Southampton, but now a US citizen. And yes, I have a picture of me getting my citizenship displayed in my home.

If you want to continue with your childlike rants against me, I will happily respond to them if you let me know a little about yourself!!!

Otherwise, just shut the **** up about who you think I am and go back to your skinhead friends.

Don't upset him. Whilst he's not cracking one off about me having gay sex in prison showers he's single handily saving Saints!

Now.

Don't let him annoy you Ohio. He is obviously a little 'challenged'.

Now.

LOL..I just used your own words and comments from previous post's of yours over the years....You've been following me around and taking pot shots since the year dot...the first time i respond to you on a personal level you implode.......They say the truth hurts

LOL..I just used your own words and comments from previous post's of yours over the years....You've been following me around and taking pot shots since the year dot...the first time i respond to you on a personal level you implode.......They say the truth hurts

What a load of utter tosh. Grow up.

You are such a twonk. If you had any true knowledge of my past posts, you would know that I also defend America. I speak as I find. I have said somewhere on this forum that I am happy here, I appreciate the people of Ohio, and that I like them and respect them very much.

I also complain about things that I find at fault in America. What does that make me? Some kind of creature that has a magical ability to be pleased about where he lives, yet somehow critical about some aspects of this utopia?

Guilty. I'm a normal person with a mind of my own.

Seriously George, make a new persona for yourself. The one you inhabit is faulty beyond repair.

Edit: " I just used your own words and comments from previous post's of yours over the years" A statement like that demands evidence. Please oblige.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Chomping at the bit, viewing this thread, (dribbling), wishing he wasn't banned...

Banned for what? Banning people like Pap and him is pathetic. Why the fck are people so sensitive? Nuts like Sarnia aren't exactly a dangerous voice. At least he went out undefeated winning many over.

Considering what's gone before, I don't really want to resurrect this thread, hopefully though, the loonies have long since left, and even if they haven't, they have enough common sense to acknowledge that this is just plain wrong. Police shoot and kill a man in a wheelchair, yep honestly they did:

http://news.sky.com/story/1558703/paralysed-man-in-wheelchair-shot-dead-by-police

Commensurate force - honestly? 4 police officers cannot overpower a man in a wheelchair by any other means? How many shots did you hear? Yes, he may have been armed - but really - there was no other way?

That's one more to add to the 861, that also met the same fate. Don't get me wrong, some may well be justified - but there has to be a better way to incapacitate a man in a wheelchair. Surely.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database#

It's all about taking personal responsibility for your actions and accepting the consequences.....If you pull a gun on a cop you're going to suffer the consequences. Sitting in a wheel chair would not impede anyone from pulling a trigger, he had enough warnings to put his hands up and was moving them around enough for the cops to know he was capable of doing so....Next time there's a wheel chair bound shooter about, how about you volunteer to be the one to walk up to him and make the arrest?

It's all about taking personal responsibility for your actions and accepting the consequences.....If you pull a gun on a cop you're going to suffer the consequences. Sitting in a wheel chair would not impede anyone from pulling a trigger, he had enough warnings to put his hands up and was moving them around enough for the cops to know he was capable of doing so....Next time there's a wheel chair bound shooter about, how about you volunteer to be the one to walk up to him and make the arrest?

Just a crazy idea but whilst there were 3 or 4 cops shouting at him did it not occur to one of them to sneak up behind him?

I can't see much in this video, but based on what I see, I'm with St George on this one. A gun is just as deadly if held by someone in a wheelchair, and from what I could see, he was stubbornly in-compliant with his instructions for quite a long period of time.

Having said all that, it also seemed that the situation could have been better handled. It looks like they had the surrounding area under control with no risk to bystanders, and did not need to seek such a quick resolution. It looked to me, at least, like they could have stayed out of danger and let the bugger sit there, out of harm's while they developed a better strategy.

All that from a dodgy video though.

Just a crazy idea but whilst there were 3 or 4 cops shouting at him did it not occur to one of them to sneak up behind him?

Would look good in a movie for sure. but in real life?.....Yeah you're right...it's a crazy idea....I'm guessing you're going to volunteer along with Micky to walk up to the next shooter, who happens to be sat in a wheel chair and wrestle him to the ground and disarm him.

Would look good in a movie for sure. but in real life?.....Yeah you're right...it's a crazy idea....I'm guessing you're going to volunteer along with Micky to walk up to the next shooter, who happens to be sat in a wheel chair and wrestle him to the ground and disarm him.

You're probably right. Why take the risk eh? Just shoot him and worry about it later.

tbf this particular case is in a different league to those unarmed men shot while running away or a kid with a plastic toy. He had a gun, which he had already used to shoot himself, so clearly it was real gun and his mental state was questionable. If he hadn't been in a wheelchair this wouldn't have got publicity.

I still think the police could and should have done more to disarm him, but its not an outright awful case.

You're probably right. Why take the risk eh? Just shoot him and worry about it later.

Maybe you could explain why you think a guy just doing a job should put his own life at a greater risk than it already was when he responded to a firearms call?......The perp had his chances and opted out....I guess in your eye's he need a 7th or 8th chance until he finally gets to shoot someone?

Once again...this is not the UK and never will be....Here, the very bedrock of freedom is based on personal responsibility and consequences....You guys chose a different route, a victim culture and a near totalitarian state to track and keep people in line......Ya'll seem very comfy with it, so fair enough. But you need to realize you're not the Worlds dictator or moral compass just one of the 190 odd countries that occupy this planet and a very small one at that....Special mention here to Guardian link above....talk about up your own asses...a website dedicated to keeping a running count of shootings in a foreign country even including including race!...Wonder how many hand wringing limey liberals print that out and take that to bed at night....Micky?

In the mean time we'll stick with our version of freedom even with some of its consequences, if that's alright with you guys of course?

Maybe you could explain why you think a guy just doing a job should put his own life at a greater risk than it already was when he responded to a firearms call?......The perp had his chances and opted out....I guess in your eye's he need a 7th or 8th chance until he finally gets to shoot someone?

Once again...this is not the UK and never will be....Here, the very bedrock of freedom is based on personal responsibility and consequences....You guys chose a different route, a victim culture and a near totalitarian state to track and keep people in line......Ya'll seem very comfy with it, so fair enough. But you need to realize you're not the Worlds dictator or moral compass just one of the 190 odd countries that occupy this planet and a very small one at that....Special mention here to Guardian link above....talk about up your own asses...a website dedicated to keeping a running count of shootings in a foreign country even including including race!...Wonder how many hand wringing limey liberals print that out and take that to bed at night....Micky?

In the mean time we'll stick with our version of freedom even with some of its consequences, if that's alright with you guys of course?

Hey SG, they've got to live with the shooting so fair play to them for pinning on the badge and protecting and serving. You're paying them so that's your business.

You crack on as far as I'm concerned.

There won't be many of you left for us to moan about soon! Not that our 'near totalitarian state' allows us to moan much anyway.

Once again...this is not the UK and never will be....Here, the very bedrock of freedom is based on personal responsibility and consequences....

Do you ever think that Americans have been brainwashed into believing that they are the 'land of the free'? All that flag saluting, anthem singing and 'we are world leaders and the best at everything' can't be particularly healthy.

And you're absolutely welcome to it, mush. But freedom also includes freedom of speech and expression, so don't be surprised that many outside your borders look in with increased amazement at the backwards nature of the culture there and make further comment on it.

Having been to more than 40 of the states in America in my lifetime, I consider myself pretty experienced in the way of life of America and its citizens. And I'm still genuinely amazed at the level of vitriol and anger that many of the residents will retreat to when it's suggested that the love of guns that infects the country (and of course the amount of dim-witted imbeciles in charge of those guns) is the primary reason USA has such a tragically high death level from firearms. The "I want my grandmother to have a handgun to defend herself" argument is quite possibly the saddest yet most consistent line I've heard trotted out, yet it's one that gets laboured time and time and time again.

On the flip side there are many Yanks I've met who aren't thick and ignorant, and who rightly agree that guns are massively out of control and need to start to be reigned in. Sadly those on the other side of the argument refuse to even budge on the fact that their arsenal of weapons is in any way unsafe. And so it will go on; simply too introverted, too ignorant and too resistant to change to realise the benefits of an alternate way of life.

But yeah. In the mean time we'll stick with our version of pointing out the downright obvious, if that's alright with you guys of course

Anyone else find it an ironic that an American is lecturing the UK about being the world's moral compass?

Which American? Not confirmed yet that St George is an American. Most likely has taken American citizenship like Ohio and myself but CB has him down as living in Southampton area.

I thought this thread had died out but I missed the latest of St George's rants. I love this country, I have lived here over 20 years but it has many faults. Obsession with guns being one of them. England has many faults but I love it too. The vast majority of people here are nothing like St. George. If they were, I would leave in a heartbeat.

Which American? Not confirmed yet that St George is an American. Most likely has taken American citizenship like Ohio and myself but CB has him down as living in Southampton area.

I thought this thread had died out but I missed the latest of St George's rants. I love this country, I have lived here over 20 years but it has many faults. Obsession with guns being one of them. England has many faults but I love it too. The vast majority of people here are nothing like St. George. If they were, I would leave in a heartbeat.

That's an encouraging read, Rosewell - thanks. I have often been mystified by the USA's fear of communists and more recently Muslims, I know that 9/11 is still fresh in the mind but is there a logical reason for it being so commonplace?

That's an encouraging read, Rosewell - thanks. I have often been mystified by the USA's fear of communists and more recently Muslims, I know that 9/11 is still fresh in the mind but is there a logical reason for it being so commonplace?

I think it's because Saudi Arabia owns the USA or something?

Considering what's gone before, I don't really want to resurrect this thread, hopefully though, the loonies have long since left, and even if they haven't, they have enough common sense to acknowledge that this is just plain wrong. Police shoot and kill a man in a wheelchair, yep honestly they did:

http://news.sky.com/story/1558703/paralysed-man-in-wheelchair-shot-dead-by-police

Commensurate force - honestly? 4 police officers cannot overpower a man in a wheelchair by any other means? How many shots did you hear? Yes, he may have been armed - but really - there was no other way?

That's one more to add to the 861, that also met the same fate. Don't get me wrong, some may well be justified - but there has to be a better way to incapacitate a man in a wheelchair. Surely.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database#

Shoot the tyre's out would be a start ?

Roswell seems to be in the same vein as me. As he says, he has been here over 20 years, I have been here 15 years. Much the same as him, I am very appreciative of this country, and I very much enjoy the company of those around me. A great many of those people would be extremely embarrassed at his rants.

It's interesting that SG is so reluctant to share with us his status regarding his nationality. I'm not sure why he is trying to hide it.

I feel that in an honest debate, it is only reasonable for the debaters to offer at least a small amount of information about themselves in order to validate their position.

Saint George, please, could you give us at least a brief disclosure of your background? Otherwise, I will just have to assume that you are a white supremacist skinhead based on your previous posts.

Wouldn't happen if all teachers were armed and trained with assault rifles. More guns is the answer.

No you're wrong, in the good old US of A any lunatic or deranged psychopath can buy an assault rifle.

The only logical solution is for teachers to have more guns AND hand grenades. I've played enough COD to know the value of a well placed frag.

There was an argument about gun crime vs. violent crime on Facebook yesterday.

Violent Crime victims (per 100,000 pop.)

UK : 2500

US : 500

Gun deaths (per 100,000 pop.)

UK : 0.25

US : 10

It might only be me, but if these figures are correct, looks to me like overall, forgetting the sensational headlines, guns prevent violent crime at statistically low cost.

It might only be me, but if these figures are correct, looks to me like overall, forgetting the sensational headlines, guns prevent violent crime at statistically low cost.

Not sure the parents of the thousands of children killed by guns in the US since 2000 would agree with the "low cost".

So, if those figures are correct, being a victim of violent crime is five times likely in the UK, but being killed is 40 times more likely in the US? That doesn't sound that much like a "statistically low cost" trade off to me.

Not sure the parents of the thousands of children killed by guns in the US since 2000 would agree with the "low cost".

Yeah it's also complete bs that hinges on (1) the definition of a "violent crime" and (2) on the propensity to report the crime.