• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis, S
    • Tadic
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Reed
    • Yoshida
    • Long

I can't wait to hear you post match winge should be good for a laugh.

It was mainly the reporter saying Arsenal could have won that game and it could have gone either way, whilst Arsene talked about the Gardos yellow (which he picked up when they were already 2-0 down).

Agreed. This is a golden opportunity, so I hope Saints go for it and bring in a centre forward (who can finish). Also a backup GK in case Forster gets a serious injury.

Yup, a striker and a gk are all we need and we dont seem to have any young players of real quality coming through in these positions, so its not like we are stopping the progression of anyone. I know its tough to find, but a decent striker who could provide goals is a must, but not just as a different option to Pelle but also to put pressure on Pelle. The place is easily his at the mo, we need some competition in his place.

I was ridiculed at the end of last season for saying he could be the next Yaya Toure or Vieira. If he carried on like this big teams will be all over him in summer.

Good that we've exorcised the 'Morgan is vital to our team' demon too. Today and Everton, 2 wins, 5 goals, none conceded.

i think if you read back to some of the early Wanyama threads, some others could see how good is was going to be for us

At last we have given them a good smashing :D, I enjoy beating Wenger more than any other manager

in the P.L. just a shame it's not everytime we play them, they have so much luck.

Love the picture of Wenger:lol::lol:

Over here we have to put up with every Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal games all covered by

their own TV stations. Can't wait to hear them whilst I watch it later although to be fair Utd have the

most biased coverage from their commentators.

Strange game. We got a lot of luck but were on the wrong end of some strange ref decisions except for Gardos's yellow. The score could have been anything from 2:2 to 5:0. Victor immense and the key to our victory. Mane showed amazing skill to score. Pelle unlucky or not clinical enough. JWP atrocious in front of goal but good elsewhere; back to the coaching room for him. One especially good save from FF. Toby yet again showed his incredible flexibility but was not entirely at ease standing in for Clyne. Fonte, Gardos and Yoshida did well and Davis, Reed and Tadic were OK. Bertrand not quite the attacking threat that he usually is. But we gave Arsenal too many opportunities to score; fortunately they did not. Arsenal are a strange mixture of creative attacking threat and defensive and midfield ineptitude, despite all the possession they enjoyed. Tactically RK was spot on. Three ex-Saints on the pitch for Arsenal; amazing that Walcott took so long to even touch the ball after coming on. I thought Long should have come on earlier. January 11th looks as though it might define our season. COYR

A number of big names unavailable to us. A top four team. I remember the days when we were lost when our big names were absent. That's still true for the GK spot. Everywhere else? Proving not to be the case, and yes, I've heard the grumbles about Pelle's apparent prolifigacy, but I also seem to remember Mane and Tadic getting written off after a few bad games.

Fraser Forster was immense today. Heard nowt but praise for him. Solid work on all fronts, particularly shot-stopping and getting down for the ball, something some have said he can't do. Got a mate who says the opposite, that he's a liability on high balls. No evidence of those deficiencies today. He will have his off-days, but performances like today makes 10m look like a bargain.

Victor, glorious victor. The man that was criticised last season for poor passing and giving away the ball was a player possessed today. Gave 100% for the team, passed well and flat out intimidated the Arsenal boys with his industry and commitment.

The game was like our season so far in microcosm. Eyebrows have been raised and expectations have been exceeded. But it was no fluke.

A number of big names unavailable to us. A top four team. I remember the days when we were lost when our big names were absent. That's still true for the GK spot. Everywhere else? Proving not to be the case, and yes, I've heard the grumbles about Pelle's apparent prolifigacy, but I also seem to remember Mane and Tadic getting written off after a few bad games.

Fraser Forster was immense today. Heard nowt but praise for him. Solid work on all fronts, particularly shot-stopping and getting down for the ball, something some have said he can't do. Got a mate who says the opposite, that he's a liability on high balls. No evidence of those deficiencies today. He will have his off-days, but performances like today makes 10m look like a bargain.

Victor, glorious victor. The man that was criticised last season for poor passing and giving away the ball was a player possessed today. Gave 100% for the team, passed well and flat out intimidated the Arsenal boys with his industry and commitment.

The game was like our season so far in microcosm. Eyebrows have been raised and expectations have been exceeded. But it was no fluke.

gd summary, pap

Great result, shame the media point to Arsenal's mistakes, we outplayed them and missed some glorious opportunities. The touch from Tadic just after the second goal was sublime, deserved a goal but it wasn't to be. We're well and truly out of our poor run of form and have some decent fixtures now, I think 11 wins might be enough for fourth. It's a tall order, but Ive seen nothing from the likes of Arsenal to suggest they are any better than us. This win has sent out a message that we are serious european challengers now. Bring on the rest of the season.

It should have been at least 4 more goals from us with better finishing. We cut them apart with relative ease and defended with our usual steely resolve.The Arse fans and their deluded grumpy manager might have felt that they matched us apart from a great save from Forster and Gardos getting away with a yellow instead of a red, but that overlooks how poor their defence was, or alternatively how good our attack was.

No doubt the Arse and their apologists in the media will point to their long list of injuries, whilst ignoring the key injuries that we had, but realistically Arsenal have two teams of top quality players and it would have been difficult to identify a weak link in their team and bench. One wonders what we could have done to them had we had Clyne and Schneiderlin available, but Wanyama was immense and with back-up of Reed and the perenially reliable Davis, our midfield was again excellent. Defensively we would have had Clyne ideally, but our makeshift alternative defence is still very solid, with Gardos having a good game up until his substitution alongside the solid Fonte and Alderweireld we had little to worry about. Bertrand made some good penetrating runs up the left flank, and linked well with Tadic, who looked more his usual self. J-WP grows in stature game by game, but his finishing was lacking today when gifted chances that he really should have tucked away.

Up front, Mane is becoming a real handful, with three goals in three matches against quality defences, all great finishes. I hope that his injury isn't too serious. Happily we have Mane mark 2 covering for him when he is off to the Africa Cup. Pelle was close to scoring three times today and with the confidence he would have derived from netting, he might have fared better. But nevertheless, he was still a handful for their defence, winning most of the aerial duals and holding the ball up for others to join the attack.

I think Koeman's substitutions were spot-on today. Reed gave us extra bite in midfield, Yoshida for Gardos was seamless and Long added bite to the attack with his pace against tired Arsenal legs proving vital to the closing minutes, we really didn't look as if we would concede anything.

Results elsewhere have gone in our favour and we find ourselves just a point behind United who we play next. Psychologically, we have the upper hand, especially as United play on the back of a draw against Stoke. Third place is our prize if we can beat them. Few would have predicted 4 points from the fixtures against Chelski and the Arse and with the other wins since our blip, confidence must really be high. When Rodriguez and Cork are back, it is an interesting problem for Koeman to decide what to do about them.

Wanyama was a beast again' date=' but with silky touches today. RESULT![/quote']

St'Marys rocked today.

Big Vic absolutely immense, Jimmy Ward Prowse finding lots of space and coming close on two occasions. Florin came in and looked class. Lets hope the club are doing all they can to sign up Toby and Ryan before we loose them.

"And we've still got Jay on the bench"!

On the way back from the game I learnt how lucky we have been. Just as against other top teams, we only manage to look good when the other team has an off day.

Also learnt from M.Wenger that his team lost only because they let in a couple of silly goals and because one of our players wasn't sent off. He was clear that they could easily have beaten us if only their players had scored a goal or two. Despite this, it seems that one of Arsenal's more intelligent fans was anxious to give M. Wenger some advice in the technical area towards the end of the game, but unfortunately this assistance was rejected. MotD will be entertaining tonight.

I see the Wenger image has already been shared, this one is from the BBC:

p35EkmJ.jpg

Deserves adding to our nice selection of face palm emoticons. :lol:

As Saints take The Gooners apart at St. Mary's -- Arsene Wenger is 'reduced' to this. ;)

FN1JW7u.png

65VnzVH.png

cYrO9O7.png

Awesome performance today, with let us not forget, still some key players of our own unavailable through injury and suspension.

As each game passes, and we keep stringing the wins together, interspersed with hard battled for points along the way to keep the unbeaten runs and the momentum we've built going, it looks more and more like we could genuinely put in a serious challenge at the top end of the table.

The players believe. They clearly have developed a strong bond of togetherness, forged a great belief in eachother, in Ronald Koeman, in the philosophy of the club, and the way we are playing.

Slowly, it seems that our fanbase (of what to be honest, at times can be a depressing bunch of 'realists'), perennially daring not to lift our hopes, lest they be cruelly dashed in the manner we've become so accustomed to over the years; is even begining to come around to the idea, that the so called 'impossible dream', may just be edging one step closer to entering into the realms of reality.

I do completely understand such deeply entrenched pessimism. It is a charactistic bred within our collective psyche over a long period of a great many footballing 'sufferings'.

Yet as a New Year is kicked off with a 2-0 "stuffing" of 'The Arse' -- a hard-fought victory which could so easily have been vastly more resounding in manner with a little more composure in front of goal -- a marker and a platform laid down, from which we can galvanise and build upon - I would propose that it is time for us collectively, to gird our loins with the same character and belief in our players as they clearly have in themselves, as a TEAM to be reckoned with.

Feet on the ground with Ronald Koeman masterfully leading the way - taking it each game as it comes. No fear of what the future may bring. This moment, right now, is where "#It'sHappening" ;) - and for most of us who've been around a fair while, as Saints fans, 'the moment' rarely has been more 'magical' than it is right now.

Just let go -- and enjoy the ride. :D

#WeMarchOn :toppa:

I see the Wenger image has already been shared, this one is from the BBC:

p35EkmJ.jpg

Deserves adding to our nice selection of face palm emoticons. :lol:

As Saints take The Gooners apart at St. Mary's -- Arsene Wenger is 'reduced' to this. ;)

!

!

cYrO9O7.png

Awesome performance today, with let us not forget, still some key players of our own unavailable through injury and suspension.

As each game passes, and we keep stringing the wins together, interspersed with hard battled for points along the way to keep the unbeaten runs and the momentum we've built going, it looks more and more like we could genuinely put in a serious challenge at the top end of the table.

The players believe. They clearly have developed a strong bond of togetherness, forged a great belief in eachother, in Ronald Koeman, in the philosophy of the club, and the way we are playing.

Slowly, it seems that our fanbase (of what to be honest, at times can be a depressing bunch of 'realists'), perennially daring not to lift our hopes, lest they be cruelly dashed in the manner we've become so accustomed to over the years; is even begining to come around to the idea, that the so called 'impossible dream', may just be edging one step closer to entering into the realms of reality.

I do completely understand such deeply entrenched pessimism. It is a charactistic bred within our collective psyche over a long period of a great many footballing 'sufferings'.

Yet as a New Year is kicked off with a 2-0 "stuffing" of 'The Arse' -- a hard-fought victory which could so easily have been vastly more resounding in manner with a little more composure in front of goal -- a marker and a platform laid down, from which we can galvanise and build upon - I would propose that it is time for us collectively, to gird our loins with the same character and belief in our players as they clearly have in themselves, as a TEAM to be reckoned with.

Feet on the ground with Ronald Koeman masterfully leading the way - taking it each game as it comes. No fear of what the future may bring. This moment, right now, is where "#It'sHappening" ;) - and for most of us who've been around a fair while, as Saints fans, 'the moment' rarely has been more 'magical' than it is right now.

Just let go -- and enjoy the ride. :D

#WeMarchOn :toppa:

That reduced wenger has much in common with :mcinnes: - any takers among the moderators for a :wenger: ?

Excellent result. Big Vic was immense, Mane lively and great finish, Fonte composed, FF very good, but I gave my MOTM to Alderweireld. He was everywhere both at RB and CB when Gardos went off.

Gardos was lucky to stay on the pitch and Arsenal weren't great, but a brilliant performance anyway. Not many sides will be frustrated by not killing Arsenal off after an hour.

That result took the shine off my afternoon.

Not for me.

Not when we beat Arsenal in a Champions League six pointer.

Not when Man Utd drop points and are 1 point above us.

Not when Liverpool are 2-0 up at home to Leicester and still f**k it up.

Not when West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle all f**ked up relatively easy games.

Not when Chelsea fans thought they had the League sewn up in October.

Infact after Spurs the next team chasing us who won today was... Hull

Not for me.

Ok when you put it like that ;)

Not for me.

Yeah.....It's been a truly fun New Year's Day!!! :D (Except for the part when I was crapping myself)

Chelsea looked all over the place at the back today. Man City are leaking goals too. Both have CL distractions. Only 18 games left. Only 10 points behind.....

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.... but holy sh1t balls imagine that :lol: But anyone can do it right? It just requires a little luck, some consistent performances, good defence and some excellent players. all of which we've had so far, though if anything we've had less luck so far. Lets just enjoy the ride, take it game by game and see where we end up :D

Technically yeah, we could win the league :p

And also, in terms of spurs winning being a bad result, not really, at the end of the day, as long as we win, it doesn't matter what else happens if we're in front.

Amazing day anyway, so bloody happy about that!