Harrison Reed - Official: Signs for Fulham

washsaint

How do you know what our side will be for one thing!

Yes I am watching them tonight and not much better than Fulham who we beat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many teams have whipped us genius? Spurs and Liverpool. Drew at Utd. Lost by 1 goal at City, Chelsea drew with Arsenal yeah we would get whipped.

Norwich look every bit as good/effective as us judged on tonights performance. Different Manager for us, and 2-3 recruits and it might be a different story.

Really giving it a go like Murphy and Vrancic and Zimmerman

Yeah; I mean they are under the cosh in extra time and defending deep, but they do have a lot of pace and skill on the counter - Murphy and Maddison both look likely lads.

You've got to hand it to the referee; he's had the balls to call out the theatrics of Chelsea.

Spot on.

The clowns in the studio are doing my ****ing head in about VAR. It is for clear and obvious errors, and for matters of fact, not subjective decisions. Cricket commentators understand umpires call, and if given not out, Hawkeye can show the ball hitting the stumps and it’s still not out. They don’t come out with “what a farce “, etc etc like shearer and the other numpties today.

Spot on.

The clowns in the studio are doing my ****ing head in about VAR. It is for clear and obvious errors, and for matters of fact, not subjective decisions. Cricket commentators understand umpires call, and if given not out, Hawkeye can show the ball hitting the stumps and it’s still not out. They don’t come out with “what a farce “, etc etc like shearer and the other numpties today.

Yes, quite so. In cricket these days, most commentators say nothing, offer no opinion, while the review process goes on. I suppose one of the differences with the Football reviews in these early stages of use, is that the game is often continuing and the 'taters might think they have licence to do the expert stuff. Pity someone in London couldn't have picked up that late show handball goal for Watford the other day!

Yes, quite so. In cricket these days, most commentators say nothing, offer no opinion, while the review process goes on. I suppose one of the differences with the Football reviews in these early stages of use, is that the game is often continuing and the 'taters might think they have licence to do the expert stuff. Pity someone in London couldn't have picked up that late show handball goal for Watford the other day!
I also hope they book anyone that makes the sign of a tv

In the NFL, every single play is reviewed by video. Of course the pundits disagree at times with the officials, that’s sport. Nobody said VAR would rule out controversy.

Shearer is an utter idiot.

Not every single play: pass interference and holding calls which are some of the most controversial and game-changing calls aren't reviewable, for instance.

But even when the decision is shown to be technically wrong but close and they stick with umpires call, the pundits don’t start banging on “ that was hitting the wicket, there’s 3 ex pros up here that knew it was hitting the wicket, it’s a farce”, which is what Shearer was doing. They accept that in close calls, the decision stays with the umpires initial decision even if subsequent video shows it could have been wrong. You’d think the BBC would have got a ref in to brief their experts. ****enburg gave a perfect explanation on this weeks Times Podcast, and Graham Poll did so when discussing our handball on BT sport. Shearer and those clowns tonight were just factually incorrect by having a dig at the bloke watching the video. He was following protocol, they’re paid to research that protocol before spouting BS.

**** me, are we going to have this every time there’s a decent cup performance by a lower league team. Bristol City, they’ll whip us, Wigan, they’ll whip us. Coventry, they’ll whip us.

Whip might be a bit strong, but of course they'll beat us. Why do our fans think next season in the Championship is going to be a walk in the park? The arrogance is astounding. That is our level and it's going to be a long hard slog to avoid relegation next season.

Like most of our young coming out of the youth now, he is very tidy but the majority of his passes are sideways or backwards.Not driving forward and hurting the opposition
I was trying to think what Strachan called that was it Political Football?

When he pressed and went forward he was tidy.

Whip might be a bit strong, but of course they'll beat us. Why do our fans think next season in the Championship is going to be a walk in the park? The arrogance is astounding. That is our level and it's going to be a long hard slog to avoid relegation next season.

Quite. Plenty of teams that can show the fight and character Norwich displayed and which has been singularly lacking all season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
There's no way we'll let him stay at Norwich if we go down. Him and Target will be first team players next season in the championship.
He has been played as a right wing back for Norwich after losing his place in centre midfield.

Not saying he won't feature for us, but first season in Champ, if we are making a push to go straight back up, I don't think he is good enough/strong enough in central midfield.

Good squad player.

He has been played as a right wing back for Norwich after losing his place in centre midfield.

Not saying he won't feature for us, but first season in Champ, if we are making a push to go straight back up, I don't think he is good enough/strong enough in central midfield.

Good squad player.

Norwich fans have said as much, he's not been strong or physical enough in CM for that league. They like him at RB though.

Norwich fans have said as much, he's not been strong or physical enough in CM for that league. They like him at RB though.

Agree with a lot of your posts Clarkey, but not this one. Reed will be more than good enough for Saints in the Championship. I still rate him a better player than the guy who has just racked up 200 appearances for us with his training ground honed free kicks, corners and neat but ineffectual passing; he really is just a decent squad player.

Agree with a lot of your posts Clarkey, but not this one. Reed will be more than good enough for Saints in the Championship. I still rate him a better player than the guy who has just racked up 200 appearances for us with his training ground honed free kicks, corners and neat but ineffectual passing; he really is just a decent squad player.

Not saying I agree with their view at all, just they've seen a fair bit of him down there. I do think he'd need a presence of sorts alongside him though, we had quite a tall midfield the last time we were down there with Morgan and Hammond.

Not saying I agree with their view at all, just they've seen a fair bit of him down there. I do think he'd need a presence of sorts alongside him though, we had quite a tall midfield the last time we were down there with Morgan and Hammond.

Good point - I'm hoping someone like Romeu might hang round next season he'd match up well with someone like Reed.

• 1 month later...
Reed is reportedly on the radar of Sheffield Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay, who is looking to strengthen the Owls midfield during the close season.

The 23-year-old impressed during a season-long loan spell with the Canaries from parent club Southampton and head coach Daniel Farke has made no secret of his admiration for the player.

It remains to be seen what impact Southampton preserving their Premier League status could have on Reed’s future and any decision is likely to have to wait until the future of manager Mark Hughes is sorted with the Welshman only signing a short-term contract at St Mary’s upon his appointment in March. Hughes is expected to be rewarded with a three-year deal with the Saints.

Reed admitted he has enjoyed playing regularly under Farke and has no desire to head back to the south coast if he isn’t in the manager’s first team thoughts.

Back in February he was already thinking about what the future might bring.

“I haven’t really sat down and thought about my future but there will come a time in the season where I will sit down with my agent, my family, and see what opportunities arise,” said Reed, who showed his versatility during the second half of the season in a right back role.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here. From the first day I walked through the door the boys have been brilliant and I’ve really enjoyed being in the city.

“Coming away this season, playing regular football and when it comes to 3pm Saturday being in the starting XI and walking out in front of a packed crowd, that’s something I want to continue.

“I don’t feel like I want to go back to sitting in the stands, training all week and then on a Saturday not being involved. That’s not something I want to do and I think if you asked many footballers, they would agree.

“So next season I’ll look to progress again, whether that be here or we’ll see what other opportunities arise.

“Definitely it’s opened my eyes. Being at Southampton and a Premier League club is great. But playing in the under-23s and not really coming up against men maybe halted my career a little bit.

“Some coming to Norwich and playing week in week out, getting the game time I have done has really opened my eyes and I feel like I’ve progressed.”

Source: http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/sheffield-wednesday-in-for-harrison-reed-1-5525713

• Lighthouse changed the title to Harrison Reed