Harrison Reed - Official: Signs for Fulham

washsaint

I'm surprised Jake Hesketh isn't mentioned there, he's developing in to a really dangerous, creative midfielder...probably needs a few pounds of muscle but beautiful skills.

Bit of an odd one what happened with him last season, in the squad for the first time (i think), starts, plays well, gets injured, then doesn't get in the squad again....

Think he'll turn into a decent player but don't see a route for him at the moment...

Bit of an odd one what happened with him last season, in the squad for the first time (i think), starts, plays well, gets injured, then doesn't get in the squad again....

Think he'll turn into a decent player but don't see a route for him at the moment...

I dont see a route for any of them at the mo

I don't agree that he is being kept out of the side by Ward-Prowse. Certainly not just Ward-Prowse. He is being kept out by a combination of Romeu, Wanyama, JWP and Davis.

I don't agree that he is being kept out of the side by Ward-Prowse. Certainly not just Ward-Prowse. He is being kept out by a combination of Romeu, Wanyama, JWP and Davis.

I agree with that but despite him being fifth in the pecking order there are three positions in the team occupied by those foursome at any one time and I can't help but feel that if Koeman really rated him he would have been more involved this season - even if not on the pitch then on the bench as a viable option.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Not the player to move us on to the 'next level'.

Better for all concerned if he plays somewhere else.

We'll I guess this loan will be the decider on his saints career if he does well he could well come back and into the first team like Stephens or (it seems) Gallagher if it doesn't go well he'll no doubt end up with the many other ex saints youth players plying their trade in the lower leagues.

Edited by doddisalegend

Will do him good.

A bang average player, whatever Uncle Les says about him being the next Paul Scholes.

From what I heard from the coaching team about two years ago, he was the player that they were most excited about. Believe it or not, Les Reed was probably just going by what his team were telling him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard from the coaching team about two years ago, he was the player that they were most excited about. Believe it or not, Les Reed was probably just going by what his team were telling him.

Based on training videos he had best bleep test score out of the 3 doing it!

Best of luck, I guess he'll need it, I still have high hopes for him.

He's never looked remotely good enough at this level. Yes he's busy and can be a nuisance but he's very limited on the ball. Never understood the fascination with him on here from the meat-and-potatoes brigade (Derry, Wade Garrett etc).

Edited by shurlock

He's never looked remotely good enough at this level. Yes he's busy and can be a nuisance but he's very limited on the ball. Never understood the fascination with him on here from the meat-and-potatoes brigade (Derry, Wade Garrett etc).

You don't rate him - fair enough. But why the gratuitous dig at other posters who do? Completely pointless.

Rubbish.

Hopefully this is to sweeten a deal for Josh Murphy

[startMLGmode] It's his twin Jacob we've been interested in. [endMLGmode]

Pleased for Reed, and if he has a similar impact to Gallagher (but for his position) I'd welcome him back next season.

On paper could be a good move for him but it's clearly dependent on him playing regularly. As we've seen in past with Gallagher at mk and Stephens at Middlesbrough these loans can go very wrong.

As others have said it's likely his last chance to impress given his age with aim on pushing on in saints first team the season after.

Tend to agree with that, i can't say i've seen anything particularly special that marks him out other than energy. He certainly seemed to be out of position a lot when he's played (hence the last ditch challenges people on here seem to love, rather than stopping the ball before he has to make them) and although neat and tidy in possession nothing he did really stood out like others at his age.

Personally i put him in the Matty Targett, Sam Gallagher bucket rather than the McQueen, Stephen's bucket. He could come good in the future but he's a long way off that now and the Championship is probably the peak of his ability as things stand.

Crikey, this one was done quickly wasn't it. This is a really good move for Reed & one that's probably been needed for the last couple of years really.

I don't really think we should be letting lads get to 22 years of ages with only a handful of 1st team appearances under their belts.

Norwich are a good club and hopefully this is a good move for him.

Why wasn't this for two years ago?

Two years ago we were about to embark on a European campaign and he was needed for the squad. Then we got knocked out and there wasn't much time left in the transfer window - I presume by this stage any club we would have been happy for him to move to had already moved onto other targets as it was getting on late in the window. I am going to guess he stayed last season because we were in Europe as well (although rumours of a move to Derby persisted).

This is just an educated guess.

Good move for Reed, now ship out Davis and JWP and bring in a couple of midfielders that can get some goals and provide a bit more than backwards and sideways.

Lol

It's a good move for Reed he needs some consistent game time, hopefully he can recapture what ever it was he had when he first broke onto the scene.

Remind me of the games where, apart from being a ginger dwarf, he's come anywhere near to living up to his billing as the new Paul Scholes.

I can think of the 3-1 surprise drubbing of Citeh early in the MoPo days. Pochettino wound him up flicked the switch and sent him out into the fray, he was all over Aguero like a rash, to the point where after being chased like a Jack Russell would chase the postman, Agueros body language was will someone get this fecker off me please!

Against Sunderland (admittedly no great shakes) in the EFL cup this past season he was playing in the Romeu role, up against 2 lumpy lads resembling a wardrobe and a skyscraper in comparison to him, he was a bit like the shark in one of those recent animated films "eat my bubbles".

If he gets similar game time to Young Sam at Blackburn last season, he could live up to Les Reeds billing of him in the future, I would say Davo is blocking his path.

Good move for Reed, now ship out Davis and JWP and bring in a couple of midfielders that can get some goals and provide a bit more than backwards and sideways.

I take some solace in the consistency in your madness. #frontsweeper

Good move. I echo what others have said about him being loaned years prior. We should follow the Chelsea model more of loaning our prospects out and bringing back the ones that can make it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good move. I echo what others have said about him being loaned years prior. We should follow the Chelsea model more of loaning our prospects out and bringing back the ones that can make it

I believe he has turned down several loan moves in the past to concentrate on fighting for his place in the team.

how many Chelsea youth players actually get to regularly play in their first team after a loan?

As others have said, I hope playing regularly for a manager that lets him play his game should do wonders for Harry. I too have seen his potential and would be disappointed if he doesn't get a chance to be a first team regular at Saints for a manager who gives him a free reign to fully show his capabilities and one who won't drop him after he has played well. He put in some great performances under Pochettino who showed faith in him when Morgan was unavailable. He also put in some great performances under Koeman who then promptly dropped him. Everton at home where he was largely responsible for closing down their midfield making tackle after tackle and not giving up when others would, is a game that particularly stands out.

Let's hope he has a great season at Norwich and then gets a good chance back at Saints the following season.

As others have said, I hope playing regularly for a manager that lets him play his game should do wonders for Harry. I too have seen his potential and would be disappointed if he doesn't get a chance to be a first team regular at Saints for a manager who gives him a free reign to fully show his capabilities and one who won't drop him after he has played well. He put in some great performances under Pochettino who showed faith in him when Morgan was unavailable. He also put in some great performances under Koeman who then promptly dropped him. Everton at home where he was largely responsible for closing down their midfield making tackle after tackle and not giving up when others would, is a game that particularly stands out.

Let's hope he has a great season at Norwich and then gets a good chance back at Saints the following season.

I'm with you - good player, who hasn't had the chance of first team continuity. I'll be seriously disappointed if the only midfield partners for Romeu this season are the ageing Davis, Ward-Prowse and Clasie.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Harrison Reed