Harrison Reed - Official: Signs for Fulham

washsaint

Regardless of what some folks think of him, he has a few of the qualities Ralph seems to like, a good engine to get up and down the pitch, and tenacious as a Jack Russell. Versus half @r$ed Lenina and powder puff Eloynoussi the boy has some bite about him and neither of those 2 supposed better player have exactly wowed us with wondrous football.
totally sensible comment,

Romeo

Romeo will surely take a yellow against Chelsea so he would miss the derby game no?

We're past the deadline for 5 yellows now. The next penalty applies if you get 10 yellows in the first 32 games.

In other words, if Romeu gets yellow against Chelsea he doesn't get suspended but it's another towards possibly losing him at the critical end if the season. So he doesn't want bookings

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Romeo

Romeo will surely take a yellow against Chelsea so he would miss the derby game no?

I'd imagine Stephens would fill in? Failing that, what about the kid that came on against Arsenal? He was a CM'er wasn't he?

Gonna get slated for this but what about Heodt? For all his faults, I've always found his distribution to be pretty good. I'd give a go in that role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would be a great move for him. Lets face it, he is unlikely to get many starts for us and although could potentially be a squad player it would be a bit of a waste of one of the 25 slots when someone like Slattery can do it and additional to the 25.

Would be a great move for him. Lets face it, he is unlikely to get many starts for us and although could potentially be a squad player it would be a bit of a waste of one of the 25 slots when someone like Slattery can do it and additional to the 25.

You'd have thought they would have enough ££'s to afford a permanent deal. *

[* Subject to Ralph checking him out in pre-season]

Reed strikes me as the kind of player that would suit Hasenhuttl's style of play down to a tee. Ticks the 'young rough diamond' box too. Would be disappointed to see him join Norwich without Ralph assessing his suitability for our set-up first (which I'm sure he'll do)

I think I have said before but a colleague of mine who is an avid Blackburn fan reckons Harry Reed (and Gallagher when he was there) were decent Championship players but, in his opinion, neither of them are up to the Premiership class required if we want to be a top 10 side which is unfortunate as we all like to see out youngsters do well

• 4 weeks later...

Interest from the prem...

Burnley and Norwich to battle over Southampton's Harrison Reed

ADRIAN KAJUMBA: Burnley have joined Norwich in monitoring the situation of Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed.

Reed, 24, has returned to St Mary’s after spending last season on loan at Blackburn, helping them comfortably consolidate in the Championship following promotion.

He has two years left on his contract and may be allowed out again by Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl next season which has alerted both the Canaries and Clarets.

Reed is well known at Norwich having spent a year on loan at Carrow Road two seasons ago and they want him back following their promotion back to the Premier League as Championship winners.

But Daniel Farke’s side face competition from Burnley for the former England youngster.

I only want to keep him if we're going to play him. His age and quality means he needs and deserves regular games. He's too good to warm a bench constantly, we have academy players who would be delighted for the chance to do that.

I only want to keep him if we're going to play him. His age and quality means he needs and deserves regular games. He's too good to warm a bench constantly, we have academy players who would be delighted for the chance to do that.

Out of intrest, who would you drop from our midfield to play him?

He didn't start many games in central midfield for Blackburn as Mowbray said tactically he wasn't the best.

Can't see him getting any games out wide for Saints.

Let him go with our best wishes and a sell on percentage.

I like Reed, bit of a terrier, but he’d be a squad player and at 24 you’d think he’d want first team football. I haven’t seen much of Slattery but he’s looked decent when I have, and at 20yo he’s probably the way to go in central midfield. The money we’d get for Reed would probably outweigh keeping him as a backup.

I like Reed, bit of a terrier, but he’d be a squad player and at 24 you’d think he’d want first team football. I haven’t seen much of Slattery but he’s looked decent when I have, and at 20yo he’s probably the way to go in central midfield. The money we’d get for Reed would probably outweigh keeping him as a backup.

He definitely needs to play wherever he goes - Norwich would be a very good shout.

If we don’t want to spend next spring anxiously putting Brighton and Villa scores into an online predictor, we’re going to need better players. Reed just isn’t better than Rom, Hoj or Lemina.

If he moves to the Championship and smashes it then fair play to him.

Agree with the general consensus here, good player, but not better than what we already have. Probably not going to get a lot of game time and needs to move on for the sake of his career.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I refer the house to comment #407

At the meet the Ralphs evening it was said that all the loaned out players will have the rule run over them by RH before deciding which way to go with them.

Which is basically positive spin on the fact that we wont be able to shift most of them, perhaps not even on loan, so they will be 'given a second chance' next season.

Stephens being paid 28k more than Bedernak is simply criminal. No one is going to take Stephens off of us on that wage.

Our contract management over the last 3 years has been diabolical. It makes me sad.

Rewarded for basically some loan spells at Swindon & not playing at Boro.

Rewarded for basically some loan spells at Swindon & not playing at Boro.
I imagine they were a little blindsided by Stephens breaking into the first team (due to a raft of injuries) and - initially at least - not being too terrible, having not been particularly rated by the club previously.

So they had a young English defender on a lowish wage with not much time left on his contract (18 months?), doing okay in the Premier League, and felt they needed to lock him down to a long deal so they could maximise his sale value a season or two down the line.

I'm sure it made some kind of business sense - after all, we got £16m for Callum Chambers after half a season of mostly un-noteworthy outings, such is the bonkers premium on young English players.

It's not exactly worked out, though. Can't believe we'd get more than £5m for Stephens, if that.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Why his goals at end of season kept us up how many million did that add to our coffers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he is worth 80k a week because he scored a handful of goals at the end of a season? Despite being dross for the 18months prior.

Right.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Harrison Reed