Harrison Reed - Official: Signs for Fulham

washsaint

Didn't he start something like 36 games for Norwich last year. That seems a majority.

Re read my post. I said he wasn't good enough for a place in the Norwich midfield for the majority of last season. They used him as a right back for many games - presumably they felt they had better midfield options in their mid table championship team.

Based on that, and what I've seen of him on the pitch, I'm struggling to see any argument for how he'll improve our midfield and/or starting 11 overall.

I'm also struggling to understand which of Romeu, Lemina, Hoj, JWP, Armstrong, Davis it is being suggested that Reed is a better option than. Is it really being said he offers more than any of them?

In fairness it was a lot easier to involve a youngster in/around players we had 3-4 years ago. They complimented a strong and confident team.

Just now we are struggling and introducing players just because they came through the youth system is not going to help them or us.

Spot on

Re read my post. I said he wasn't good enough for a place in the Norwich midfield for the majority of last season. They used him as a right back for many games - presumably they felt they had better midfield options in their mid table championship team.

Based on that, and what I've seen of him on the pitch, I'm struggling to see any argument for how he'll improve our midfield and/or starting 11 overall.

I'm also struggling to understand which of Romeu, Lemina, Hoj, JWP, Armstrong, Davis it is being suggested that Reed is a better option than. Is it really being said he offers more than any of them?

Being played out of position is often the lot of loan players by the very nature of the impermanence. Also it could equally mean they considered him the best option for right back, not necessarily that they considered him not good enough for midfield. I still think it's crazy both as a NI fan and a saints one(for different reasons) that Davis is being kept as 6th choice centre mid rather than being loaned out.

You are jumping to conclusions with all of that.

Being played out of position is often the lot of loan players by the very nature of the impermanence. Also it could equally mean they considered him the best option for right back, not necessarily that they considered him not good enough for midfield. I still think it's crazy both as a NI fan and a saints one(for different reasons) that Davis is being kept as 6th choice centre mid rather than being loaned out.

Perhaps Davis didn't want to go where he was wanted? 6th choice is about right going by his latest performances - he cant keep up with the pace in this league and legs have gone.

We can't force a player to go, look at Forster.

So clinging on to Reed would also stunt the way of Valery coming through if he got the chance?

You are jumping to conclusions with all of that.

With what? That Reed did not feature in central midfield for the majority of there games? He didnt. That central midfield is not the heart beat of a football team? That any sensible manager would play his best available central midfielders in central midfield? That we have 6 senior central midfield players ahead of Reed?

Go on statto, tell me on what basis you say Reed would improve our midfield and/or starting 11. Also, which of the 6 midfielders I've listed, who should Reed replace, and based on what?

With what? That Reed did not feature in central midfield for the majority of there games? He didnt.

Can you provide evidence outlining how many games he played in each position?

That central midfield is not the heart beat of a football team?

giphy.gif

That any sensible manager would play his best available central midfielders in central midfield?

Not if he felt a player was his best option for another role and picked him for the good of the team.

That we have 6 senior central midfield players ahead of Reed?

Go on statto, tell me on what basis you say Reed would improve our midfield and/or starting 11. Also, which of the 6 midfielders I've listed, who should Reed replace, and based on what?

At no point have I said Reed should be starting for Saints or that he is high in the pecking order. You have just imagined that I did, when I did no such thing! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

Can you provide evidence outlining how many games he played in each position?

giphy.gif

Not if he felt a player was his best option for another role and picked him for the good of the team.

At no point have I said Reed should be starting for Saints or that he is high in the pecking order. You have just imagined that I did, when I did no such thing! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

Feck me, you've got too much time on your hands mate. Reading that, and noting that you're not actually suggesting that he'll improve our team, I have no idea what your point is! Pointless posting mate if you having actually got a point to make.

Feck me, you've got too much time on your hands mate. Reading that, and noting that you're not actually suggesting that he'll improve our team, I have no idea what your point is! Pointless posting mate if you having actually got a point to make.

If the question was about giving stats to a statto, no mate, I have better things to do. Nice swerving of all my questions though.

If the question was about giving stats to a statto, no mate, I have better things to do. Nice swerving of all my questions though.

1) So you make a claim... someone asks for evidence... you refuse to provide it but we should take it seriously anyway? :rolleyes:

2) I did not swerve your questions, I answered them all and also called you out for making up things I said.

1) So you make a claim... someone asks for evidence... you refuse to provide it but we should take it seriously anyway? :rolleyes:

2) I did not swerve your questions, I answered them all and also called you out for making up things I said.

If it stops you two arguing like fannies, go here and look.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harrison-reed/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/226973/saison/2017/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/1123

Which if correct shows egg was wrong. He only played 7 games at right back ffs :mcinnes:

Bit more complicated than that Paul. Norwich used a 3-5-2 quite a bit last season, so it’s possible that the RM designation (which you’ve omitted) captured those times that Reed played as a right wingback or basically a glorified right back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Criticise people for rubbishing our players, then rubbish one of our best young players. Great stuff.

Ignoring Reed and other's development and signing players like Clasie is where we started to lose our identity. Now we ignore JWP, Sims, Gallagher, Reed. All their careers stalled when they should've been growing and improving. And fans just write them off, ignoring the fact that our first team has been dire.

Playing players like that we'd save fortunes and actually have an identity. Would we really be worse off than sleepwalking to relegation and half the fans lacking excitement for matches?

Reading the Peter Crouch column last Saturday - his headline piece was very true "Loftus Cheek - If he cost Chelsea £35m he would be playing every week".

Harrison Reed v Clasie - Reed everytime, but there are loads on here who prefer us to blow a wad on a Carlos Kickaball rather than blend a talented nipper into the squad.

......................no doubt some bellend reading this will take this comment as re running the all kids relegation experiment and filling spots 1-11 with nippers: Blend them in.

Reading the Peter Crouch column last Saturday - his headline piece was very true "Loftus Cheek - If he cost Chelsea £35m he would be playing every week".

Harrison Reed v Clasie - Reed everytime, but there are loads on here who prefer us to blow a wad on a Carlos Kickaball rather than blend a talented nipper into the squad.

......................no doubt some bellend reading this will take this comment as re running the all kids relegation experiment and filling spots 1-11 with nippers: Blend them in.

Is that the Clasie who got loaned out because he couldn’t get a game. Or is there a Clasie playing week in week out and depraving Harrison a place in the side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Romeu on 4 yellows. Hojbjerg suspended for three. Time to exercise the recall in Reeds loan?
Hojbjerg is four games. Second red this season. If I read it correctly, 5 yellows had to be in first 19 games, so that has passed. But I'm confused as 31 Dec is also mentioned. Think we're ok now unless anyone reaches 10 cautions by the end of the 32nd game

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Regardless of what some folks think of him, he has a few of the qualities Ralph seems to like, a good engine to get up and down the pitch, and tenacious as a Jack Russell. Versus half @r$ed Lemina and powder puff Eloynoussi the boy has some bite about him and neither of those 2 supposed better players have exactly wowed us with wondrous football.

Edited by John Boy Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Harrison Reed