Pellè

Smirking_Saint

Excellent, excellent player whose strength and general play aid us so much in the final third.

He should have had a hattrick today though, and unfortunately squandered chances as he seems to do. From a positive point of view its excellent that he is involved in so many chances, it shows we are creating the right oppurtunities and that his movement is correct but he needs to work on composure on the training ground.

Should have scored the first, but unlucky with the second but the third was a poor miss. Very good player and integral to how we okay but does tend to miss a lot of chances and at key moments too, 1-1 v Man U, 0-0 v man city for example. Still guess thats why he cost £8m not £40m

Edited by Turkish

He brings other players into the game so well......he is missing a good number of chances but defenders must hate playing against him as he holds the ball so well and wins so much in the air.

Hopefully he will rediscover his goal scoring touch at Old Trafford.

So much more than just a goal scorer and it has made a world of difference having Mane playing off him.

Excellent, excellent player whose strength and general play aid us so much in the final third.

He should have had a hattrick today though, and unfortunately squandered chances as he seems to do. From a positive point of view its excellent that he is involved in so many chances, it shows we are creating the right oppurtunities and that his movement is correct but he needs to work on composure on the training ground.

Sorry mate, do watch much football?

Excellent player he is not, fits well into what we are doing and is good, but hardly in the class of RVP or Costa, who are, both excellent players.

sorry mate, nothing personal but get a perspective on ability, just cause they play for us doesn't........

Should've scored the header, and the one that was cleared off the line he really should've squared for JWP. Even the way he was shooting today, surely he wouldn't have missed from 6 yards.

He's a good player though, his linkup play is brilliant, just needs to be more clinical. I think it'll come.

Excellent player he is not, fits well into what we are doing and is good, but hardly in the class of RVP or Costa, who are, both excellent players.

sorry mate, nothing personal but get a perspective on ability, just cause they play for us doesn't........

Where does he compare them to RVP or Costa? He doesn't. That doesn't alter the fact that he's as good back to goal and linking up as anyone in the top flight but his finishing isn't.

As someone else said, there is a reason he cost £8m and not £40m.

What are you on about?! Where did he say he was as good as RVP or Costa. He has been excellent for us, that is fact.

Runs all match long and is always a way out when we are forced to hit it long from defence.

OK he misses loads, but you never see him hiding if it is 'one of those games'. Would love to see him and Seager up front against Ipswich.

He was excellent today, won most things in the air and involved throughout. Should have scored the chance to make it 3-0 at least.

As a signing, an excellent replacement for Lambert especially for what he cost. He do need another option as we are as reliant on him as we were with Lambert.

i dunno i thought all 3 was decent enough efforts under circumstances! He got a bump in the back just as he was trying to place the header, i dunno that he could have done much more with the 2nd, and the 3rd, well i spose that was a bit of a boner, but he didn't have a lot of time to f*ck around with that either.

i have got ur back, pelle bro!

Good, not excellent.

With the amount of chances we create just now, a top (excellent) striker would have 15 or 16 premership goals right now.

Pelle is more laws of averages, give him 5 good chances he will score 1. If we could get a 1 in 3 type striker wed be top 6 (finish) this season no problem.

Dont get me wrong, i like him. But he is not top notch, but simply the best we have just now.

personally i think he is the one player in our team that we absolutely cannot afford to get injured. He is pivitol to our attack with his ability to kead the line, hold up the ball and bring the rest of the attack into play. yes, his fiinishing is a little erratic but aside that without him we would really struggle going forward as we have no one who can slot in to cover.

personally i think he is the one player in our team that we absolutely cannot afford to get injured. He is pivitol to our attack with his ability to kead the line, hold up the ball and bring the rest of the attack into play. yes, his fiinishing is a little erratic but aside that without him we would really struggle going forward as we have no one who can slot in to cover.

I don't think he holds the ball up that well.

Good at bringing others into play if he is allowed to.

Misses far too many chances.

But I like him. Good at leading the line and will get us 15 goals this season.

Should have scored the first, but unlucky with the second but the third was a poor miss. Very good player and integral to how we okay but does tend to miss a lot of chances and at key moments too, 1-1 v Man U, 0-0 v man city for example. Still guess thats why he cost £8m not £40m

Hell if Jordan Rhodes is worth 12 million Pelle is a ****ing bargain.

I watch plenty thanks mate.

Where exactly have I mentioned his ability against the likes of RVP or Costa ? Two 40m strikers ?

Pellè isnt in that bracket, hence why we managed to sign him for a snip of what they cost and the former took his two chances against us when given the oppurtunity. Pellès general play is very good though, rarely misses a header, plays with intelligence and when he doesnt try too many flicks he holds the ball up very well.

His big problem however is in his finishing, lacks composure and often snatches at chances. At first I put it down to confidence but he scores enough to be confident in his play. Composure can be worked on, and IMO needs to be or else, dependant on our ambition, we may need to sign someone able to convert a greater number of chances.

This really

As important to the side as he is he doesn't impress me still.

He holds the ball up well sometimes but majority of time he loses possession with poor passes or indecision. He needs to many chances before actually even hitting the target, let alone scoring.

I watch plenty thanks mate.

Where exactly have I mentioned his ability against the likes of RVP or Costa ? Two 40m strikers ?

Pellè isnt in that bracket, hence why we managed to sign him for a snip of what they cost and the former took his two chances against us when given the oppurtunity. Pellès general play is very good though, rarely misses a header, plays with intelligence and when he doesnt try too many flicks he holds the ball up very well.

His big problem however is in his finishing, lacks composure and often snatches at chances. At first I put it down to confidence but he scores enough to be confident in his play. Composure can be worked on, and IMO needs to be or else, dependant on our ambition, we may need to sign someone able to convert a greater number of chances.

"excellent, excellent player", your words which now you seem to contradict. Just saying that the likes of RVP and Costa are excellent, hence the comparison, Pelle is not now and neither will be excellent. No doubt will have the odd excellent game but in general terms, excellent he wont be.

He works so hard. Very strong and mobile. Probably should have scored that header. Looked like he tried to place it too much.

Other hit the post and JWP should have done better with the rebound.

The one off the line was unlucky. He had a split second to divert it at goal.

We need another striker but Pelle is fine.

Some good posts in here, but then a mixture of the usual culprits searching frantically for their next scapegoat as Forster and Mane laugh at them.

Pelle is good at what he does, he struggles in some games...but generally if you get the movement in and around him, things will happen. His touch is exquisite and he's actually very mobile and nimble on his feet (he was a dancer, apparently).

He's crucial to how we play.

Tough job leading the line in almost every game. As posted above, we seem to require a scapegoat and since Victor is now considered good, Mane has scored a few goals and Forster had a decent game vs Arsenal we are running out of options hence Pelle, Tadic even Davis being touted as possibles.

Did anyone else see him straight from kick off run to the ball then give Chambers a massive shoulder barge in a kind of "hello I'm here and it ain't gonna be easy" .....

Was he responding to crowd boo's to chambers or normal centre forward intimidation?

I liked how Kelvin kicked the ball against Chambers back as he was coming on for the second half (all in jest of course)

Tough job leading the line in almost every game. As posted above, we seem to require a scapegoat and since Victor is now considered good, Mane has scored a few goals and Forster had a decent game vs Arsenal we are running out of options hence Pelle, Tadic even Davis being touted as possibles.

Im not calling him a scapegoat, think he is currently undroppable from a team point of view, he just needs to be more clinical

"excellent, excellent player", your words which now you seem to contradict. Just saying that the likes of RVP and Costa are excellent, hence the comparison, Pelle is not now and neither will be excellent. No doubt will have the odd excellent game but in general terms, excellent he wont be.

I in no way put him in the same category as RVP or Costa despite what I wrote, if you interpret it that way then thats entirely up to you.

Its obvious how important he is to us, hence the excellent tag

I'm agreeing smirks. Its fine margins but important ones. A couple of goals yesterday, and a bit more clinical in December and he'd be up around the Costa/aguero in terms of goals. He's very close to it

Having been watching him he is technically starting to connect better, there were points when he was snatching very badly throughout december, in desperation for a goal. His general play for a target man is very much up there with the likes of the other two. His touch is exquisite and he has good feet. He lacks any real pace (but is quicker than lambert was) which is something that cant be worked on, but a bit more composure and he could be top class.

I have seen Lambert miss plenty of chances. He is doing a tough job and it part of the reason, along with Forster and all the others, why we are doing well. As others have said, if he was "excellent" not only would he cost more money he would also be playing for another team.

Still guess thats why he cost £8m not £40m

but you never see him hiding if it is 'one of those games'.

These points are key for me. At his age, at that price he was never going to be a world beater. He's effective, albeit limited. But he is a grafter, and doesn't shy away when things aren't going his way. He doe a good job at bringing others into play, and I can't imagine there are many defenders who will enjoy going up against him for 90 mins.

Seems a likeable chap to boot. Happy with his signing, though think we could do with a supplementary strike also.

Could just be an issue of adjusting to the changing standards here. What used to be an excellent player is now merely a good player. I so decree.

Could just be an issue of adjusting to the changing standards here. What used to be an excellent player is now merely a good player. I so decree.

No, I am talking about his play in general without any red and white striped glasses. He is good at what he does, but he is miles away from the best in the league, whilst someone Jay Rod (before he was injured) was starting to catch the best up.

Lets face it at his age, Pelle is not really going t get an better.

No, I am talking about his play in general without any red and white striped glasses. He is good at what he does, but he is miles away from the best in the league, whilst someone Jay Rod (before he was injured) was starting to catch the best up.

Lets face it at his age, Pelle is not really going t get an better.

I have to think that if we had him two years ago he clearly would have been thought of as an excellent player. Certainly, three or four years ago.

Good grief - i didn't realise this was a linguistics class.

Graziano's been excellent for us - just what we needed after SRL left. He's become an Italian international, he's in the top ten goalscorers in the league this season, and he gives it his all.

Is he world class, like RVP and increasingly Costa? No, he's not. No-one said he was.

Good grief - i didn't realise this was a linguistics class.

Graziano's been excellent for us - just what we needed after SRL left. He's become an Italian international, he's in the top ten goalscorers in the league this season, and he gives it his all.

Is he world class, like RVP and increasingly Costa? No, he's not. No-one said he was.

Well the OP said he was an excellent, excellent player, so what does that make Costa, Augero and RVP?

We we have maybe two or three excellent, excellent players, Nathan, Tony and Morgan, maybe Vic and Ryan are excellent and maybe Jose is very good along with SD. Jury's out on the rest..

I've just returned from the future, he gets a hat trick at Old Trafford. Incredible performance, wait til you see it.

Couldn't you have kept quiet about this? You have now thrown us into an alternate time line where anything can happen.

Says that man who wrote off Mane last month #keepitup

Well the OP said he was an excellent, excellent player, so what does that make Costa, Augero and RVP?

We we have maybe two or three excellent, excellent players, Nathan, Tony and Morgan, maybe Vic and Ryan are excellent and maybe Jose is very good along with SD. Jury's out on the rest..

RVP and Costa are on my Brilliant list, which is one above my Excellent, Excellent list that holds Pellè, Benteke and Bony, under that is Excellent which includes Lambert last year

So on etc

Its a shame you get so hung up on vocabulary when its obvious that its the 'not being a complete bellend' is the part of your posts you need to work on.

RVP and Costa are on my Brilliant list, which is one above my Excellent, Excellent list that holds Pellè, Benteke and Bony, under that is Excellent which includes Lambert last year

So on etc

Its a shame you get so hung up on vocabulary when its obvious that its the 'not being a complete bellend' is the part of your posts you need to work on.

So 'brilliant' is better than excellent? And more name calling, Jesus.

You our started this with your thread, by calling Pelle an "excellent, excellent player", when quite clearly he is not, but God forbid anyone with a rational opinion here that doesn't 'fit in', and what about getting it wrong from time to time, you have people dragging up people's original comments :lol:

i can can still say, for example that Mane is not PL standard. He has played well at Selhurswt and obviously scored three goals lately, and he's young, so like Peter Crouch, I might be wrong about his future, hope I am, but I do try and look at football from a perspective that is not always biased, sorry about that.

Im not biased, he has been an excellent player for us, its only in your head that you believe that means Ive labelled him at the same level as Costa and RVP.

Name calling or not I find this whole conversation about the difference between brilliant and excellent pretty pathetic and I cant really be arsed to carry it on anymore. Thankfully everyone else on this thread could see what I was trying to say.