Gardos - A few games in

Saint Charlie

Thoughts?

Seems pretty composed, decent in the air and powerful if perhaps a little slow to turn and occassionally a bit rash.

Not ever going to be of the quality of Lovren or Toby but seems a handy cover CB, certainly an upgrade on Hooiveld which is who he was brought in to replace.

Looks fine to me. I like his style on the ball even if he doesn't sometimes spot runs and holds onto it a fraction too long. Still, rather that than aimless wallops upfield to no one.

Strong, good in the air, reasonably quick. Also he's still young for a CB which means as long as he's hungry he's guaranteed to improve.

Thoughts?

Seems pretty composed, decent in the air and powerful if perhaps a little slow to turn and occassionally a bit rash.

Not ever going to be of the quality of Lovren or Toby but seems a handy cover CB, certainly an upgrade on Hooiveld which is who he was brought in to replace.

Why not ever? The more he plays next to Toby and Jose he might get better with more experience?

Like shane Long is proving to be somewhat a talisman for us in that we're yet to lose a league game which he has played in. As has already been mentioned he's still relatively young so guaranteed to improve if he's hungry. Think we can out him down as another black box success.

Why not ever? The more he plays next to Toby and Jose he might get better with more experience?

Yeah he might I just think he is a good player but not at the level of a Lovren (for us) or Toby. He will probably get more comfortable the more he plays though.

He and Toby must be of a similar age.

Yeah he might I just think he is a good player but not at the level of a Lovren (for us) or Toby. He will probably get more comfortable the more he plays though.

He and Toby must be of a similar age.

They are within a year. I have been impressed with Florin in his brief appearances although he's not at Toby's level very few defenders are.

Like shane Long is proving to be somewhat a talisman for us in that we're yet to lose a league game which he has played in. As has already been mentioned he's still relatively young so guaranteed to improve if he's hungry. Think we can out him down as another black box success.

Long isn't v good.

Our 4th best centre-back. Not bad in the air but extremely limited with ball at feet.

Still find it astounding that an International footballer cannot kick a ball with both feet....

Is he really that bad with the ball at his feet. I don't think he's too bad.

Too few games to make a definitive judgement, he seems to fit on OK , but it also depends on his ability to fit in with those around him. No player can / should be judged on a handful of games.

Those people who were ready to diss Mané a month ago must be hiding under their seats in shame by now.

Tadic looked a world-beater at the start of the season, but has lost that " edge ", whereas Long is beginning to show some class - (even for someone being played out of position).

....and Pelle is doing everything right - except putting the ball in the back of the net ..:uhoh:.

He plays we win, yet again.

He plays we win, yet again.

Didn't work against Sheff Utd though.

He did look good today, beginning to show more composure and able to deliver a decent ball. Looks like we will be relying on him for the next 3 weeks. No back up again, our squad depth may be shown up if we are unlucky.

Didn't work against Sheff Utd though.

He did look good today, beginning to show more composure and able to deliver a decent ball. Looks like we will be relying on him for the next 3 weeks. No back up again, our squad depth may be shown up if we are unlucky.

I did say league games....

Anyway, 4 decent central defenders all of them internationals is good depth, you'd have to be very unlucky to be without more than 2 at one time.