United vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

Right, massive game at Old Trafford, one I'd really want to win.

Win, and it's great, and lose, well, possibly drop out of top 4, depending on Spurs result, but not the end of the world.

Team picks itself tbh:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

Unless we play 352:

Forster

Fonte Alderweireld Gardos

Clyne Bertrand (as wing backs)

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Tadic

Long Pelle

Hoping to see Elia play a part at one point, Koeman knows more than me though, he may even start!

Away tickets still up for sale I believe, and game is on a Sunday 4pm kickoff, live on Sky Sports.

Prediction: I'm feeling optimistic that we nick it :) 1-0, with Pelle hopefully :)

Edited by nta786
What I implied came out wrong haha...

Win, and everything all rosy again, lose, and, well, possibly drop out of top 4, depending on Spurs result.

Team picks itself tbh:

Forster

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

Unless we play 352:

Forster

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Tadic

Long Pelle

Hoping to see Elia play a part at one point, Koeman knows more than me though, he may even start!

Away tickets still up for sale I believe, and game is on a Sunday 4pm kickoff, live on Sky Sports.

Prediction: I'm feeling optimistic that we nick it :) 1-0, with Pelle hopefully :)

"Win, and everything all rosy again" . Yeah God forbid we lose away to Man United :lol:

was very disappointed with our performance up front yesterday. Not sure if we were (a) tired from the number of games played recently, (b) thought Ipswich would be easy or © could not be arsed....whatever the reasons we looked as flat as a pancake and only hope Koeman can work his magic for Sunday. I definately think we need another quality striker if we are going to aim to finish in a spot thet guarantees European football.

I thought United were one of the worst sides i have see at St Marys this season and still find it hard to believe how we lost to them....that said they took the only two chances they had and we wasted a hat full.....we definately are capable of getting a result IF the boys play like they did against Utd a few weeks ago.

Their defence is awful. Shame we haven't got Mane as his pace in behind would've been a very useful asset. I think we will see 3-5-2 in this game, 3 at the back with the tank Wanyama in front of them to stop Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, di Maria etc. hopefully Clyne will be fit and with him and Bertrand bombing down the wing getting crosses in for Pelle or Long with the knock downs for Pelle.

I believe we have a chance in this game and with a full week of rest behind us we should be firing on all cylinders.

This result depends a lot on whether or not Clyne's back - if he's not then we'll play Toby at RB, weakening our defence in the middle. We really need Fonte, Toby, Morgan and Wanyama to effectively shut down their attack.

If Big Vic can bring his 40+ yard passing boots again, we stand a real chance of getting behind their defence (which will probably include Januzaj or somebody playing RWB as Rafael is injured).

Win, and everything all rosy again, lose, and, well, possibly drop out of top 4, depending on Spurs result.

Team picks itself tbh:

Forster

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

Unless we play 352:

Forster

Morgan Wanyama Davis

Tadic

Long Pelle

:mcinnes:

"Win, and everything all rosy again" . Yeah God forbid we lose away to Man United :lol:

:mcinnes:

Yeah will admit that came out wrong lool

What I meant was win, then its great, and lose, then it isn't the end of the world, even if we drop out of the top 4. Probably should have made that clearer haha.

Yeah will admit that came out wrong lool

What I meant was win, then its great, and lose, then it isn't the end of the world, even if we drop out of the top 4. Probably should have made that clearer haha.

Was pretty clear to me.

Another huge game this one. Fingers crossed Clyne is fit, then I think we'll go 3-5-2.

Think we'll see Elias at somepoint for Long.

I'm pretty sure I have the formation figured out.

Forster

Clyne Alderweireld Fonte Gardos Bertrand

Davis JWP Morgan Wanyama Reed

Elia Tadic Isgrove

Long Pelle

Boom!

Seriously this his will be tough, but we were better than them at SMS. Take the chances and we could do them. A draw would be an acceptable result.

I'm pretty sure I have the formation figured out.

Forster

Clyne Alderweireld Fonte Gardos Bertrand

Davis JWP Morgan Wanyama Reed

Elia Tadic Isgrove

Long Pelle

Boom!

Seriously this his will be tough, but we were better than them at SMS. Take the chances and we could do them. A draw would be an acceptable result.

Is Boom our latest striker that weve bought?

17 players vs their 12 (if they have the ref that is)

Does anyone know the last time we won a game on Sky Sports, would be interesting? I know the games picked to be televised are usually of those against the "bigger" teams, but it does seem we always end up losing, even if we have been the better team.

Does anyone know the last time we won a game on Sky Sports, would be interesting? I know the games picked to be televised are usually of those against the "bigger" teams, but it does seem we always end up losing, even if we have been the better team.

Everton (h) at the end of last season.

****e it is on TV..... Oh well on to Newcastle.

Which is also on TV. On to Swansea, oh hang on that's on TV too. :(

I know Koeman said Clyne should be back for Man U but he was still in a protective boot yesterday. Can't see him being ready.

Think and hope we start with Elia, they won't know much about him, and he'll give us a real outlet. Or potentially start with Long and bring Elia on. They are there for the taking this year, but wouldn't be surprised if we lost. It's a "free hit" as it were.

If any team will know about Elia, it's United, what with the Dutch LVG as their manager.

Nevertheless I think he will start for the pace option that we don't have without Mane.

Forster

Clyne Fonte Toby Bertrand

Davis Morgan Wanyama

Elia Pelle Tadic

If Clyne isn't fit we might see the 352 with JWP as wing-back. Should suit him better than the back 4 RB role he played on Sunday.

I would go with:

-----------------FF--------------

------Fonte---TA----Gardos-----

NC/JWP------------------Bertrand

------------VW----MS-----------

----------------SD-----------------

-----------EE------Pelle---------

Bench: KD, McCarthy, Targett, Reed, Tadic, Long, JWP/Isgrove

I can't work out this UNited side. Sh**e defensive line-up, class attacking options, but they don't concede or score that many really. De Gea obviously helps with that a fair bit.

I think it'll be a cracking game, we'll give a very good account of ourselves, but just miss out, similar to the home game.

Battered them at home. By their own admission, they are tired. Several out injured. They are a pretty ordinary side really trading on past reputation. We can win this one three or four nil if we play well and take our chances. Nothing to fear. Excellent value at 4/1.

Battered them at home and still lost. We haven't beaten many (any) sides 3 or 4 nil away this season, so highly unlikely. United's home form is very very good, we will do well to come away with a point. Personally, expecting a close game but ultimately a loss.

De Gea and some outrageous smash and grabs are the reason they're not floundering in mid-table with Liverpool. I don't buy into this whole 'getting results when you're not playing well is a good thing', because they've only really played well against relegation fodder, and not even regularly.

This is a great time to play them. Big Vic, Schneiderlin and Davis as a midfield 3 please, Clyne and Bertrand need to get forward early to put them on the back foot and give their full backs/wing backs (depending on whether they're 3 or 4 at the back) a lot to think about. Get someone close to Pelle so he's not just trying to hold the ball up for himself, get runners from midfield into the box and we'll cause problems. United make mistakes every week, we just need to take out chances this time instead of letting them off again.

Oh, and another majestic performance from Fonte and Alderweireld would be nice.

----------Forster

Schneiderlin Wanyama

-----------Davis

Long------------------Tadic

-----------Pelle

1-2

Annoying Di Maria is back. Still that was worst Utd performance I can recall when they won at St Mary's. We need to be more cliinical. Utd and Spurs only up there as they are just that and been dominated by opposition in many games yet still annoyingly getting results. Don't think I can recall any game where could say they have been unlucky. 50 odd injuries is though.

Will Ronald please give Tadic a kick up the arse for set pieces, or else get someone else to take them? What about Vic? Davis and Tadic will be ignored in the box and can perhaps perform a double act, with one leaping on the shoulders of the other.