Alternatives to tapatalk?

Clapham Saint

Around Christmas there was an update to the tapatalk user interface making it really really sh/t. Whilst I had hoped that all the bad reviews on the App Store might persuade them to roll it back this hasn't happened so I have gone back to browsing the forum from safari.

Are there any alternatives to tapatalk which are any good?

Thanks in advance if anybody knows of any...

CS

I use Tapatalk HD in my ipad which is totally different and easy to use. I also have the basic version on here which I use for another forum. The basic version is rubbish.

I can't find tapatalk had on the App Store. I presume it's made by the same people?

I can't understand how they possibly thought the current version would be an improvement on the last (which was itself a downgrade on the previous). Navigation is a pain in the ar se and you can only see 2-3 threads in the list at any one time. Then there is the needing to separately navigate between pinned and "normal" posts. Totally unusable.

I can't find tapatalk had on the App Store. I presume it's made by the same people?

I can't understand how they possibly thought the current version would be an improvement on the last (which was itself a downgrade on the previous). Navigation is a pain in the ar se and you can only see 2-3 threads in the list at any one time. Then there is the needing to separately navigate between pinned and "normal" posts. Totally unusable.

That's interesting. My version is 1.6.2 for what they call 'Tapatalk HD' but for the iphone one I can't find the version. I presume that they have one product for both now. They used to offer different versions.

I presume Chrome comes on your Android device - just use that. Then when you load the forum, right at the bottom of the screen it says " -- Saintsweb deffault style"

click the dropdown and select " -- Default mobile style".

Works well enough for me.

Only problem I've ever found with the mobile view is that I can't work out how to view "latest" threads or, in Tapatalk parlance, "timeline view". Not even sure it's do-able, and that's basically the only way I use the forum...

Only problem I've ever found with the mobile view is that I can't work out how to view "latest" threads or, in Tapatalk parlance, "timeline view". Not even sure it's do-able, and that's basically the only way I use the forum...

Press the Clock icon.

I presume Chrome comes on your Android device - just use that. Then when you load the forum, right at the bottom of the screen it says " -- Saintsweb deffault style"

Thanks for that; I never knew this was an option.

I had given up even bothering to visit the forum since the horrendous Tapatalk update. The forum has never been displayed correctly on iOS either, but I was having to resort to the standard forum on the iPad and 'zooming in' to get rid of the horrible grey strip down the right hand side.

The Mobile View is even better than the Tapatalk version, as it fully displays the quoted comments as well.

Cheers ?

+1 just what I've been looking for since the update.

+2

Was incredibly annoyed with the Tapatalk update, the interface is awful and not very navigable at all. If you look at the reviews on the Play Store there are a lot of dissatisfied people so I imagine these issues will be rectified soon enough. Maybe even have a "classic" mode option to switch back to the old interface rather than the timeline?

Thanks for that, would never have known about that option at the bottom. Works much better than tapatalk, which has become a complete mess

In the same boat as many of you. The latest version of tapatalk is a design clusterf**k from a UI point of view.

I too had a search for an alternative and installed a few apps. I'm always interested in a low-fi solution for speed mainly.

This is the best I could find so far:

https://appsto.re/gb/FdBps.i

However, I'm unable to sign into the forum. Perhaps the admin need to verify this app?

However, I've started using the mobile version of the site and I'm almost certain it will be good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...