Car lease deals

mightysaints

Looking to get rid of the boring over taxed astra company car and take on a 2 year lease car as the tax is so high now. My commute is only 5 miles a day with the odd drive to clients offices. I have had a number of hot hatches in the past and have been offered a new fully loaded Fiesta ST3 for £250 a month inc. vat. The lease would be covered by the firms car allowance. Has anyone else gone from having a company car to having their own and made a saving. I have worked it out I should save around £800 taking into account 1 fixed service cost and a set of tyres per year.

Yes. Had a fair few cars on personal lease or PCP type deals, have always worked out cheaper for me. This is due to: 1) the tax; and 2) the rates that employers seem to sign up to with their preferred car suppliers (probably with an annual kickback for them) are often very uncompetitive, which means a poor deal and/or a poor choice of car for the employee